Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Waiting on da coffee to be ready, dogs waiting on breakfast.

My body is really feeling yesterdays workout. Walked 8 miles then lifted heavy weights for 45 minutes. My weight has stabilized at 220 but I have dropped another inch off my waist:thumb: resting heart rate is now 49 bpm down from 70 when i was at 275#

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Looks like I missed quite the basketball game last night. It's been fun this morning watching the clips online of the players and fans completely losing their shit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin'.
A couple days of spring skiing behind me.
Now t's time to get back to the grind and watch the world burn.

I wish I could have made it. Fantastic plastic is fantastic?

If it wasn't clamped to a stand I'm afraid it might have floated away. So light.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Stupid winter finally arrived.....5-6" of snow and it was 5....5 FREAKING DEGREES this morning. I'd love to ride my fatbike in the snow instead of on the ice, but I have NO time this week and the rain comes on Thursday :( Off to assist with state tests...yeah.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My new grill was delivered last night. Had to sell my double chariot and some old mid-century modern shelving I had lying around in the basement in order to break even on it. I'm quite stoked. Looking forward to grilling burgers on it tonight.

That should offset the pain on not going out for a ride with the boys tonight, which might be the last opportunity to ride my new bike on snow till next winter. but the lungs just can't hack it. (see what I did there!?) I woke up this morning with a fit of coughing that made my bronchi hurt. The congestion in my nose just won't go away despite rinsing with saline 2x/day, and the hacking cough is painful. I think it's best not to ride and rest up in advance of solo-parenting next week while my wife is in Paris....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Just found out that the XTerra I signed up for in June is not a sprint distance (500yd swim/8 mile mtb / 5k), but an Olympic (.5 mile swim/16 mile bike/10k). I really need to train, as I was planning on a sprint and training accordingly... So Nick, FT, Adventurous if you guys feel like riding, I'm probably game.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Adventurous stopped over and helped me get started on building my new ex–girlfriend. Finished her up about 2:30 AM… I am not a fast bike builder, but I'm really confident she won't fall apart. You guys, so black. Meet Felicia.

I did some home-improvement this past weekend by mounting a bike repair stand to the fence on my patio. :thumb::rockout:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just found out that the XTerra I signed up for in June is not a sprint distance (500yd swim/8 mile mtb / 5k), but an Olympic (.5 mile swim/16 mile bike/10k). I really need to train, as I was planning on a sprint and training accordingly... So Nick, FT, Adventurous if you guys feel like riding, I'm probably game.
You need that as a motivation to ride bikes? :twitch:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You need that as a motivation to ride bikes? :twitch:
No. It's about making time. When you don't have very much, things fall off. Most of my time is accounted for.

My life:
5:00am Wake up
5:00-7:00am Work on CFP study or swim, eat breakfast, get ready for work.
7:00am-6pm Commute, work, commute, pick up Haley, get home
6pm-7pm Dinner, Haley shower
7pm-10pm Work on CFP study or bike/run, chores around the house
10pm Hopefully get to sleep

I don't have a lot of free time, so getting time to ride means something else gives. On the weekends I have a bit more flexibility, but not much. Most of my life gets done on Saturday, which only leaves me Sunday's to do rides. Wonders of having a kid with an active social life and activities.

It's nothing compared to the guys with multiple kids in [insert sports] or Toshi for example, but time is a valuable thing and sometimes just sitting on your ass watching F1 at 5am with a beer is totally worth it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

Why was it -10 this morning? Did winter wake up drunk?

Working with a shitheel co-worker today. I need a map of the building we are in, to do a survey, but he "doesn't have time for that". No map means I either hodgepodge this together or don't do it at all.

I also asked him about some other trouble he has been having, along with some basic troubleshooting questions. He doesn't have time to do troubleshooting or at the very least, answer my questions.

I want to solve the problems, I really do. But his solution is to just replace the equipment. Umm, yeah sure go do that, but I am guessing it won't solve the problem. It took everything I had to not walk out of the building at that point.

Back to work now that I've downed this delicious spinach salad and even more delicious Pink Lady apple.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Academic day, so coding and writing and perhaps some more of both. I started out at a relaxed pace, at least: dropping kid off at preschool, taking car 1 to carwash, then taking car 2 to carwash before ambling into my office. Brain needed a respite.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In-laws water heater is blowing fuses in redundant fuse box. Like everyday. Box gets hot and is sketch. I replaced the heating elements, no fix. Unit is less than a year old. Tonight I am going to trash the fuse box and install a receptacle/plug and see if the issue is the fuse box. They're gonna burn this house down pretty soon it seems.

Gonna be on the front range tomorrow, visiting a few customers. Don't plan on going south of Longmont. What's the word on rail trails/greenways? Have my bike but can't play in dirt...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Gonna be on the front range tomorrow, visiting a few customers. Don't plan on going south of Longmont. What's the word on rail trails/greenways? Have my bike but can't play in dirt...
I could say for sure for that far north, but it's been sunny and dry down here for days. Unless it's deeply shaded and on the north side, should be good to go.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
In-laws water heater is blowing fuses in redundant fuse box. Like everyday. Box gets hot and is sketch. I replaced the heating elements, no fix. Unit is less than a year old. Tonight I am going to trash the fuse box and install a receptacle/plug and see if the issue is the fuse box. They're gonna burn this house down pretty soon it seems.

That's a ways up there. Would like to join, but not likely.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Once it dries out I'm game, as long as it's not NTM. There is no positive aspect of NTM. Maybe H&O this weekend?

:hmm: why would we do this?

NTM is better than Green Mtn.

Not "riding" per se, but I went over to the Golden Bike Park yesterday. Holy balls has that place been reworked over the winter. If any front rangers want to meet for post-work twilight jump sessions I'm down to clown.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I could say for sure for that far north, but it's been sunny and dry down here for days. Unless it's deeply shaded and on the north side, should be good to go.
Yeah what's with all this white crap? I been needing to mow my lawn back home for weeks...

That's a ways up there. Would like to join, but not likely.
No worries, I ain't training for anything and just want to stretch my legs out. Been riding in cars a lot the last few days... I really don't want to get into the heart of the range, rather stick to the northern edges so I can escape quickly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No worries, I ain't training for anything and just want to stretch my legs out. Been riding in cars a lot the last few days... I really don't want to get into the heart of the range, rather stick to the northern edges so I can escape quickly.
I got my package btw. Wifey was very confused as to why random people were sending me things. Much appreciated!