Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
In-laws water heater is blowing fuses in redundant fuse box. Like everyday. Box gets hot and is sketch. I replaced the heating elements, no fix. Unit is less than a year old. Tonight I am going to trash the fuse box and install a receptacle/plug and see if the issue is the fuse box. They're gonna burn this house down pretty soon it seems..
You go to the inlaws to be their handyman? You must really like those folks... :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Who the FUCK rides NTM? I've lived here for almost 25 years and NEVER EVER EVER even CONSIDERED riding NTM.
Then it seems, good sir, that you may not know what the fuck you're talking about. :bonk:
It has climbs, descents, rocks, is fast/slow as you want it to be, and can be ridden from home.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Then it seems, good sir, that you may not know what the fuck you're talking about. :bonk:
It has climbs, descents, rocks, is fast/slow as you want it to be, and can be ridden from home.
You mean like White Ranch? Why would you, for the love of GOD, do NTM instead of White Ranch? Because Longhorn. :homer:

Full disclosure: I've never ridden Centennial Cone either. :busted:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I agree 104%, but NTM is at times ridable when Longhorn is a swamp during this time of year, and quite frankly it's an easier ride when I'm not feeling like suffering.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I...am...sore...and...tired from yesterday's seven hour solo epic Pisgah adventure. No riding today, not even if DirtyGirl calls.

I think I did somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000 feet of climbing. The two major gravel road climbs are one hour for the first one and 45 min for the middle climb. Then of course there is more climbing one you get into the woods.

For those that are familiar with Pisgah the route was:

Clawhammer rd. to
Black mountain tr. to
Avery Creek tr. to
Up 477 (Avery Creek rd.) to
Club Gap tr. to
Buckwheat Knob tr. to
Bennett gap tr.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I agree 104%, but NTM is at times ridable when Longhorn is a swamp during this time of year, and quite frankly it's an easier ride when I'm not feeling like suffering.
You must remember that @SkaredShtles only gets to ride on average once per fortnight. Therefore, it's imperative that he only partake on "high quality" trail experiences. You and I, on the other hand, are afforded the luxury of riding with much more frequency. Hence the occasional selection of an "easier" ride as an attractive and viable option. We're lucky, you and I, luckier than suckers like him.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
You must remember that @SkaredShtles only gets to ride on average once per fortnight. Therefore, it's imperative that he only partake on "high quality" trail experiences. You and I, on the other hand, are afforded the luxury of riding with much more frequency. Hence the occasional selection of an "easier" ride as an attractive and viable option. We're lucky, you and I, luckier than suckers like him.
Once per fortnight? That's generous. I'd be happy to get that much riding in.

That said - even when I rode a LOT (I guess that would be the 90's now)... I would always pick White Ranch over NTM. ALWAYS. Even if it's just Belcher up and down. I mean Belcher up and Mustang down. I mean Belcher up and Longhorn down.

You remember when Longhorn was a total BITCH to ride because there was no easy finish on Whippletree? Ah... the good ol' days.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The following email was sent to my entire office today:

Please don’t use any cut-off wheel or grinding disc larger than 4 ½” diameter on our 4 ½” angle grinders. We have had at least one employee in recent years receive lacerations from using too large of a disc on a 4 ½” angle grinder.

If the disc doesn’t fit on the grinder without removing the safety guard you shouldn’t use it on that grinder. Ask a building manager or a welder if you need help finding the right tool.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
12:45. Still haven't done real work. Reserved a rental Suburban for July in Seattle. Shot breeze with co-worker about private pilot licenses and retirement.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The following email was sent to my entire office today:
We had one that read (paraphrased slightly):
We've noticed people using an excessive amount of the supplied lunchroom plastic wear, particularly around the holidays. Please stop stealing it or we will not get approval to purchase more in the future.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We had one that read (paraphrased slightly):
We've noticed people using an excessive amount of the supplied lunchroom plastic wear, particularly around the holidays. Please stop stealing it or we will not get approval to purchase more in the future.

When I worked at GE an email went out to all site employees asking people to stop smearing feces on the wall of the women's room by the cafeteria. I am not sure what was the most disturbing, the shit smearing or the implied conclusion that more than one person was doing it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Whilst I haven't ridden everything local just yet, NTM is good for a quick hour long loop from home on my HT during lunch or after work without needing the car. Chimney Gulch and then down Apex should be doable in well under 2 now that the snow is heading away. CBA to pedal to White Ranch on DHF's so it needs the car for the trail bike.

Heil was as fun as ever this past weekend. Supposed to be heading to Fruita this coming weekend but the forecast isn't looking great.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Whilst I haven't ridden everything local just yet, NTM is good for a quick hour long loop from home on my HT during lunch or after work without needing the car. Chimney Gulch and then down Apex should be doable in well under 2 now that the snow is heading away. CBA to pedal to White Ranch on DHF's so it needs the car for the trail bike.

Heil was as fun as ever this past weekend. Supposed to be heading to Fruita this coming weekend but the forecast isn't looking great.
If you're close enough to pedal to NTM or Chimpex, you're close enough to pedal to All Whites. SUIP.