Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Tomorrow is my last rehab session so I'm saving my legs today in order to pull off a blistering sub 33 minute 5K. Tomorrow also begins what promises to be a 2 or 3 week span of great weather.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The weather here has been great, if a little hot. I've been driving to work with all the windows down.

The air in the office today is stale as hell, I wish my windows opened.

Stayed in last night and still managed to somehow stay up until 1am.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The weather here has been great, if a little hot. I've been driving to work with all the windows down
i miss having a sunroof and driving with it open in the winter with the heat on in colorado...

sitting in dunkin donuts listening to assemble head in sunburst sound...clive and the lyre to be exact...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. lmfao

Back to work after a four day weekend. LAME. I thank Performance Bike for having 25% off wheels over the weekend. I was able to replace my dented rear tri bike wheel and save $100 (I am not shelling out a couple grand for aero wheels right now.....FTS). I had to replace that wheel. The tire was rubbing and punctured on my ride Saturday. A brand new focking tire and now it's got a hole in the side of it. I can probably still use it for trainer rides. So I got the old wheel trued a couple weeks ago along with a new tire put on, I ordered the new wheel, and I'm ordering a new tire. All told, my crash a few weeks ago cost me about $600. God dammit.

ANYWAY, 2400 yard swim done before work.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Spent a while at the sand bowl on the quad this weekend. Took a shovel and built a few jumps including a bigger 45 footer. Then some dude on a giant polaris tried it and rolled the atv so bad the handlebars almost folded flat to the tank. It was spectacular. Four of us worked together to bend the bars back up so he could get it back to the parking lot. It looked kind of new so I asked him and he had just made the second payment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey. lmfao

Back to work after a four day weekend. LAME. I thank Performance Bike for having 25% off wheels over the weekend. I was able to replace my dented rear tri bike wheel and save $100 (I am not shelling out a couple grand for aero wheels right now.....FTS). I had to replace that wheel. The tire was rubbing and punctured on my ride Saturday. A brand new focking tire and now it's got a hole in the side of it. I can probably still use it for trainer rides. So I got the old wheel trued a couple weeks ago along with a new tire put on, I ordered the new wheel, and I'm ordering a new tire. All told, my crash a few weeks ago cost me about $600. God dammit.

ANYWAY, 2400 yard swim done before work.
tri bikes LOL

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Spent a while at the sand bowl on the quad this weekend. Took a shovel and built a few jumps including a bigger 45 footer. Then some dude on a giant polaris tried it and rolled the atv so bad the handlebars almost folded flat to the tank. It was spectacular. Four of us worked together to bend the bars back up so he could get it back to the parking lot. It looked kind of new so I asked him and he had just made the second payment.
total dentist move

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Jury duty today. I actually hope to get empaneled—is that the right word? As I'm a state employee I get paid for jury duty of any length. As long as I'm out by July 2 (Seattle) then I'm game.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Put in a new garden bed in the front yard yesterday and I still have about a dozen lilies left to plant. Get to go by Home Depot today to pick up a pair of pots for the deck to plant them.

Working with my parents to pick out a bike for Haley for her birthday. Drove around to a bunch of shops and surprisingly most didn't have kid bikes. I'm debating between an SE Bronco 16 and a Specialized Hotrock 16. The SE is cheaper, but also quite a bit heavier.

It's just Haley and me through tomorrow, as Wifey's traveling. Otherwise, work.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm gonna make an appointment with a physical therapist today. My body is all fuckered up. It's time to be strong like bull again.

I think my dad is interested in taking a mtb tour of the farm/neighborhood. It would be a gift to pedal around with him.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Appears that the shop got their shit together and figured out what was wrong with my car without replacing the engine. And did it under warranty. I'll call that a win. Now to see if/for how long it's actually fixed. I don't want to have to get all like this with them:

Summer seems more hectic than the school year, between kid's camps, vacation travel, work travel, birthdays, etc., can it be September already?

Need to call to reserve a demo GG bike today for my trip out west later this month. :monkey:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Predicted thunderstorms are likely to impact my desire/ability to ride this afternoon.

At least it's a short work week.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
aw crap, well it lasted 260,000 miles. The head gasket blew on my 2001 Volvo XC 70. Calling around to see what it would cost to put in a new one...$$$ I know but how many is the question. Looks like my 03 F350 is going to be my daily driver for a while. It only has 130,000 miles on it.....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney, need a new winter car? :rofl:
Nah. Snow tires are more than enough.

Total side note: Wifey has decided that she wants to learn how to drive the M. I sent her a video of a woman surprising her husband by insulating their garage while he was on vacation. At the end of the video, she took his Vette out and did donuts for about 20 seconds in celebration. She said that it looks like a ton of fun and wants to learn how to do it. Donuts FTW.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah. Snow tires are more than enough.

Total side note: Wifey has decided that she wants to learn how to drive the M. I sent her a video of a woman surprising her husband by insulating their garage while he was on vacation. At the end of the video, she took his Vette out and did donuts for about 20 seconds in celebration. She said that it looks like a ton of fun and wants to learn how to do it. Donuts FTW.
i see ///Expensive ///Repairs in your ///Future

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Spent a large part of the holiday weekend replacing the Front brake pads in my Land Cruiser. Salt does crazy things to metal automotive parts. There was lots of PB blast sprayed and I had to break out the torch to heat things up a bit. Not how I wanted to spend my time, but I did drive it to work today.

Today I am restoring the OSIA control on my 5 axis cnc router. So far so good. Fanuc>OSIA for the record.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I didn't get called for a jury. Just sat in the room for an hour until those left were dismissed.

Thereafter I went to Costco because I have the whole day off for jury duty and I'm not wasting that! I then verified that my new electric lawn mower is not a very good lawn mower. Admittedly there was 6 weeks of growth since the turf was laid down :D but it still was pretty sorry: 4 battery swaps to mow my 0.15 acre lot, of which not even half is actually grass? Hmph.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I didn't get called for a jury. Just sat in the room for an hour until those left were dismissed.

Thereafter I went to Costco because I have the whole day off for jury duty and I'm not wasting that! I then verified that my new electric lawn mower is not a very good lawn mower. Admittedly there was 6 weeks of growth since the turf was laid down :D but it still was pretty sorry: 4 battery swaps to mow my 0.15 acre lot, of which not even half is actually grass? Hmph.
how do you fit both a house and a yard on a lot that small?