Quantcast

@#$%^Tuesday GMT^%$#@!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Explored the east side of Kenosha Pass on the CT yesterday... It's fine trail but not spectacular. Good to do once for sure, but not worth it once the CT headed west melts out.
Pretty much my thoughts when wife and I did the east on Sunday. Might investigate how close we can get to Georgia this coming weekend, looked like a lot of snow up there still though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Pretty much my thoughts when wife and I did the east on Sunday. Might investigate how close we can get to Georgia this coming weekend, looked like a lot of snow up there still though.
This is actually a pretty good ride if you park out a Lost Park CG and do it as an out->back from there. You have a bit of mandatory dirt road work to bypass the short bit of Wilderness, but the final descent through the meadow of the N Fork of Lost Creek is fast and fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's alotta work to go camping for a weekend. Packing and unpacking for a day and a half of camping is... marginally worth it.

That said... camping rules. Just needs to be done for more than a weekend.
When I used to race / ride away every weekend, by the time gear was cleaned / dry, it was time to pack up for the next trip. Got in a good routine that way.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You say that like it's a problem.
It's alotta work to go camping for a weekend. Packing and unpacking for a day and a half of camping is... marginally worth it.

That said... camping rules. Just needs to be done for more than a weekend.
Actually, camping is out. Just got back from the emergency vet. There was another altercation over a pair of peanut butter filled kong balls. The old man got worked pretty bad. 300 bucks later we're back home with a limping dog that has a patchwork of shaved spots and collection of pills that would do any geriatric proud. :twitch:

edit: And it also turns out that the girl we thought we had lined up to dog sit happens to be a major flake, and we need to make other arrangements for that too.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fixed dishwasher by disassembling and removing shard of glass that was blocking the pump fan from spinning. now to hook up new printer and finish up a bit of work. earning myself a beer or 4.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually, camping is out. Just got back from the emergency vet. There was another altercation over a pair of peanut butter filled kong balls. The old man got worked pretty bad. 300 bucks later we're back home with a limping dog that has a patchwork of shaved spots and collection of pills that would do any geriatric proud. :twitch:

edit: And it also turns out that the girl we thought we had lined up to dog sit happens to be a major flake, and we need to make other arrangements for that too.
So when's the new doggie going back?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
So when's the new doggie going back?
While that's certainly tempting, as my wife points out, I said the same thing about dog #2 when he was the new dog picking on dog #1. The reality is that because we (and by we I mean me) tend to pick up these used/abused/neglected dogs we have to learn at least as much about how to handle their idiosyncrasies as they have to learn about living in our house. She's still pretty skinny and underweight, and clearly not long past nursing puppies, and her prey drive is the strongest I've seen in any dog. A regular meal seems to be something she's not used to having. Dog #3 clearly has/had food insecurity issues that we need to learn how to handle better.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While that's certainly tempting, as my wife points out, I said the same thing about dog #2 when he was the new dog picking on dog #1. The reality is that because we (and by we I mean me) tend to pick up these used/abused/neglected dogs we have to learn at least as much about how to handle their idiosyncrasies as they have to learn about living in our house. She's still pretty skinny and underweight, and clearly not long past nursing puppies, and her prey drive is the strongest I've seen in any dog. A regular meal seems to be something she's not used to having. Dog #3 clearly has/had food insecurity issues that we need to learn how to handle better.

Blah blah blah, decent human being, something something something.

isn't this impinging upon your accustomed level of luxury?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
dick move.
Not trying to be. If the dog can't interact with the other dogs and bites during feeding, it's generally not ready to be around kids. He's got a daughter, albeit in the 10-12 range (iirc), but still a relatively young child.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Not trying to be. If the dog can't interact with the other dogs and bites during feeding, it's generally not ready to be around kids. He's got a daughter, albeit in the 10-12 range (iirc), but still a relatively young child.
She's 8, but your point is valid. What's strange about it is it seems to be an other dog thing. While I've not had the girls try it, the dog will let me take her half finished food bowl with nary a whimper. It was one of the very first things I tried with her, and I did it again after the first fight. No issues. But when the other dog is involved it's all fur, blood, and puncture wounds, and new dog is definitely the aggressor.
The rest of her behavior is so good it's almost unbelievable, but this food issue might turn out to be a real thing if we don't figure out how to handle it. I've fed her twice in her kennel now just to keep them separated. It's a huge pain in the ding-dong but that just might be how it has to happen.