Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Balls hot again, storms failed to show up last night. I plan to daydream through a bunch of meetings today and in the evening, carboloading via adult beverages with an old friend.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. When I got home from work last night, it was raining and thunderstorms were in the forecast, so I hopped on the spin bike for the first time in months. Sure enough, 15 minutes into my spin, the sun came out. Assholes. At least I stayed dry when I grilled dinner. Speaking of staying dry, I was up at 5:00 again today for another swim. 2400 yards with the masters group.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Brought the bike to work intending to ride afterwards. Let's hope it doesn't get stolen.

In other less exciting news my sprinkler system is almost back together. Just need to physically connect everything and do the wiring. So close...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I hope your bicycle is inside and not on the rack...
Inside the bed of my truck, topper window is locked, windows are tinted and obscured, bike is cable locked, and I parked in the lower more monitored lot with someone behind me to impede opening the tailgate. If someone foils all of those safeguards I don't know what more I can do.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy. Work and then bikes. Bikes with a friend who has bailed on the last two rides that we said we'd do. Toss in one bail from me as well. He said wings after, so hopefully this is fo realz this time.

Bike has a SERIOUS creak going on. Pretty sure its somewhere on the back half of it, just need to find time to do something about it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Was gonna truck my gunt up Apex. Prolly depart the lower lot ~4pm and head up to the tippity top to grab Enchanted Forest. I could be convinced to do Chimpex instead provided you don't mind waiting for me on the up.
I envy you Golden people.

I biked in on my funny-bar equipped commuter. Front derailleur cable managed to work its way loose with some weird interaction with the shifter barrel adjuster coming loose, so I spent the last third of the ride in 22 x 10t with the derailleur cage flopping all around. The upside is that there are tool stations around campus, plus I'm academic so no one gives a shit that I rolled in at 9:20.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I just ran out during my lunch break to get lotion for my dry, post-sunburned skin.

So that's what I'm doing with my life these days.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Holy hell, THIS is why I haven't moved into management. While I can appreciate homeboys enthusiasm, things move at a slower pace here and there is only so much we have control over. Bugging the sh!t out of the guy who is supposed to do the build so you can validate it will not result in an expedited build process, only an angry build master. He has other projects he is building, he will get to yours.

If you bring him donuts, that might speed up the process. But pissing him off will not.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I envy you Golden people.

I biked in on my funny-bar equipped commuter. Front derailleur cable managed to work its way loose with some weird interaction with the shifter barrel adjuster coming loose, so I spent the last third of the ride in 22 x 10t with the derailleur cage flopping all around. The upside is that there are tool stations around campus, plus I'm academic so no one gives a shit that I rolled in at 9:20.
With your schedule... you shoulda' bought a small house in Golden.

:D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
With your schedule... you shoulda' bought a small house in Golden.

:D
If only I were on this schedule every day. Most days I'm here 8 - 5, +/- a few minutes (usually not -). I hate sitting in traffic. Unless the hospital ups and relocates to the foothills I'll continue to live in western Kansas.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just paid off the Subie to get pink slip in hand. As much as Wifey wants to keep it, I can't justify doing such.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
If only I were on this schedule every day. Most days I'm here 8 - 5, +/- a few minutes (usually not -). I hate sitting in traffic. Unless the hospital ups and relocates to the foothills I'll continue to live in western Kansas.
I hear ya. I'm in the office today - 2nd day since Memorial Day. Traffic sucks giant donkey-nuts.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Where are you at now?
The climbing is from Lovers Leap in Cali and the rest are from the second time I got exiled to Canada for work. At least I was on a solo trip so I had full access to the rental vehicle to go explore/drink in the woods every day after work.

And despite what people may tell you, you can off road a Ford Focus.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
That kind of looks like there would be a method lab close...
Agreed. I kept waiting to stumble into a homeless camp but I think the cold winters make it impossible to be homeless up there. The meth labs, I assume, are hidden far enough off the highway that I wouldn't be able to walk to them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hate sitting in traffic.
:stupid:

This is why I leave the house by 6:00 at the latest, otherwise my 45 minutes quickly becomes an hour +. I try to get out of the office before 4 to avoid it homeward, but it pretty much sucks. If my lady gets a call back on a spot she is excited about, she could end up less than a mile from my office. That makes the choices for moving a lot easier.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
:stupid:

This is why I leave the house by 6:00 at the latest, otherwise my 45 minutes quickly becomes an hour +. I try to get out of the office before 4 to avoid it homeward, but it pretty much sucks. If my lady gets a call back on a spot she is excited about, she could end up less than a mile from my office. That makes the choices for moving a lot easier.
I've decided that if I'm going to come into the office once a month... I should make sure to drive in after 9am and get home prior to 3pm.

:homer: