Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woken at 3:50 by one of my managers who'd had just royally &*(#$ed up during an IT deployment...

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
It is Tuesday and I need to figure out how to squeeze in a ride in the woods between all of the adulting I have to do today. One can't squander these beautiful fall days by working.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
In an airport in Omaha, Nebraska. Is this really America? The "self check in" had four employees at the counter but no customers. One of them did the "self check in" for me, and then handed my bag to another, who put it on the belt as the others watched. Security scanning was just as relaxed. I'm not sure if my horror is the slow pace the place operates, or the fast pace that I'm accustomed to in LA.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Bugging out at noon to go to a LASIK consult up in Boulder. I brought my bike with me, so a ride is on tap, but I'm still trying to decide if its Heil or Hall Ranch.

Also fixed up the wife's car last night with a new O2 sensor. Cleared the code, fired it up, and no CEL, so I must have done something right.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Four day week over, starting a super short weekend for me. Short nap here in a few hours, uniform issues to handle at work later even though it's my day off, load the truck for tomorrow's hunt, then annual mandatory health screening Thursday.

Oh and some good snow is in the forecast for my hunting grounds, like 15 inches tonight. Nothing like four mile hike in with shin deep snow

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Its downright chilly in here.
This. I went to get Layla in the car while Haley finished getting ready and it was cold enough that I had to grab a jacket. 46* according to the car thermostat.

Otherwise roof is getting replaced today and the lawn aerated. The deck repair guy is supposed to come out Thurs/Fri to get an estimate for a railing that is excessively shakey and to stain it.

Wifey is out of town again until Wed night, so I get to drive her car (others are low mileage, we take hers when possible) until then. I'm not going to lie, luxury in the form of an automatic transmission is very nice for commuting. I could definitely see the M being replaced in the future for something like an S4/Stasis A4 avant with an S-Tronic tranny.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Tuesderp indeed, crazy meetings today, yay. You would think with all these meetings it would be tough to get actual work done. It is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In an airport in Omaha, Nebraska. Is this really America? The "self check in" had four employees at the counter but no customers. One of them did the "self check in" for me, and then handed my bag to another, who put it on the belt as the others watched. Security scanning was just as relaxed. I'm not sure if my horror is the slow pace the place operates, or the fast pace that I'm accustomed to in LA.
or maybe there's nothing worth terrorizing in Omaha.

Obvious reasons are obvious.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon

This is usually how my local airport is!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Got a call this morning that our main water plant had a filter shizer the bed...which meant we had cloudy water. Was super looking forward to 'splainin that one to the media, but thankfully we got shit sorted and dumped the tea-water back into the head of the plant.

But the shit news keeps on comin', as that miserable hurricane now looks like it going to phuck us like a rented donkey in Tijuana with 4-8" of rain :flood:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
van or station wagon....van or station wagon.....van or station wagon.....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not going to lie, luxury in the form of an automatic transmission is very nice for commuting. I could definitely see the M being replaced in the future for something like an S4/Stasis A4 avant with an S-Tronic tranny.
You're getting old.

I donned the Merino longsleeve jersey and pedaled my ass into work a few minutes late. Not terribly excited about work today, but there's always the weekend to look forward to: long weekend in Vail, with conference stuff done by noon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@johnbryanpeters curious to hear your thoughts on Pisgah! I need to get over there for some riding. Been spending all my free time in the Grandfather district rather than the Ranger district lately . . . those trails are always a blast when the leaves come down. If you didn't hit Bennett, Squirrel, or Pilot this time, I'd highly recommend them for your next visit.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wow hey! 2500 yard swim before work. I've got marathon #8 Saturday so I am trying to save my legs. Marathon goal is 3:20, which will qualify me for the Boston Marathon. Actually, I need a 3:25, but I want the 5 minute cushion due to qualification standards. The more you run under your qualifying time, the better your chances of getting in. 5 minutes would be more than enough.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Local types, when do you all throw in the towel and switch to winter tires?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You're getting old.
:stupid:

Maybe I'll change my mind eventually. But my driving style is pretty well set on left hand at noon, right hand on the shifter. Maybe after Gran Turismo Sport comes out and I spend a lot of time with the paddle shifters on the wheel I buy, but what do you do with your left foot?

@johnbryanpeters curious to hear your thoughts on Pisgah! I need to get over there for some riding. Been spending all my free time in the Grandfather district rather than the Ranger district lately . . . those trails are always a blast when the leaves come down. If you didn't hit Bennett, Squirrel, or Pilot this time, I'd highly recommend them for your next visit.
I loved it, same as I did in 2014. Pilot and Laurel are on my bucket list, I have done Bennett, and I think I'm just about perverse enough to want to try Turkey.

If you can get all the way down the upper section of Black Mountain with your feet on the pedals, my hat is off to you, sir! BTW, I saw mature American Chestnuts growing up top...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Looks like I'm going to be chilled to the bone on my Friday and Saturday Vail rides: http://www.vail.com/mountain/current-conditions/panocam

:stupid:

Maybe I'll change my mind eventually. But my driving style is pretty well set on left hand at noon, right hand on the shifter. Maybe after Gran Turismo Sport comes out and I spend a lot of time with the paddle shifters on the wheel I buy, but what do you do with your left foot?
Don't rest your hand on the shifter.

https://community.cartalk.com/t/resting-your-hand-on-the-shifter/11691

Generally speaking... around Turkey Day with a week or two standard deviation around there. But I do it myself, so I can sort of "time" it. If you're having someone else do it, just do it now. :D
Land Cruiser has its own set of wheels so I'll do it. I have a not so sneaking suspicion that I'll have to wait at Discount Tire for them to figure out the TPMS, though--they screwed it up when putting on the current wheels and I have no faith they correctly set it up with my fancy vehicle's two-TPMS toggle setup.

Wife's vehicle needs the tires remounted but won't see mountains ever so might as well wait.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
As I sit here working hard enjoying the view, the Mt Evans side of I-70 is clear of snow, James Peak wilderness this side of Winter Park has a layer of the white stuff.