Quantcast

Tuesday GMT

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
.... aand the results are predictably bad. Especially if we metaphorically try to sell a razor to a man who wants a haircut.
There is a project here that was WAY oversold by our vendor. "The next version will totally run in 'The Cloud' and it will be magical as all things in 'The Cloud' are..." Well, it doesn't run in the cloud, it requires local hardware and lots of it. But it will still totally be bad ass. :panic:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I will compensate for losing at wing dings by winning at biking since everyone else will be at work and I will have the trails to myself. Wind is much less than forecasted so afternoon instead of night ride.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There is a project here that was WAY oversold by our vendor. "The next version will totally run in 'The Cloud' and it will be magical as all things in 'The Cloud' are..." Well, it doesn't run in the cloud, it requires local hardware and lots of it. But it will still totally be bad ass. :panic:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New ones are for sure, until into heavy acceleration. The older ones I always found a bit louder.
This is true. The new ones give almost no clue as to what is hiding under the hood. I guess that is good and bad.

Your neighbor should be happy you don't have a new Camaro or something similar. The guy across the street from me has a 2016 SS, with what I would assume is stock exhaust. That thing barks and burbles almost more than my WRX did...which even I felt bad about starting in the morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Somebody dislike this comment, I gone done and screwed up. Only 2 beers left in the refrigerator and I have an entire drive train and broken axle to swap out on the bike. Fail.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nah - the sales and executives just need to redefine what "The Cloud" is. Local hardware? Private cloud. BOOSH! :D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning fellas, Halloween evening not so bad at work, only a couple DUI's to deal with.

Scored me some prime private hunting access for first light, it will be very cold and campfire will be a nessecity till sun up.

For shits and giggles I made a fire tonight in the back yard with my wonderful uncovered pile of wet fire wood using nothing but my knife, wood and a ferrocium rod. Roasting marshmallows now

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Somebody dislike this comment, I gone done and screwed up. Only 2 beers left in the refrigerator and I have an entire drive train and broken axle to swap out on the bike. Fail.
I rebelled and liked your comment. I think it shows an excellent awareness of the tools required for the job. Now get the tonthe store and procure moar beers!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The answer is more bong-shed, the beer multiplier.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have decided to ride Mountain Lion tomorrow. And Saturday.

:boogiewoogie:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy hell did my back go out this evening. Pain was so intense that I almost threw up out the window on the way home from work. Ice packs followed by IR Heat pads and some anti inflammatories seemed to have stopped the major lower back spasms.....son of a bitch that was bad. I have never been screaming from pain while driving before. I have no idea what triggered it. I didn't lift or push anything. hot shower and bed is next