Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i have made the rookie mistake of hanging the bottom row of drywall first. not a huge deal, but now i understand why.

edit: its an unfinished basement without a finished ceiling. i'm sure i'll survive.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Grilled some hamburgers last night in a snow storm. Man they were delicious. But the howling wind was really doing a number on heat in the bbq.

Woke up to probably 6-8 inches of fluffy snow. No biggie, except for a rolled car in the ditch on the freeway. They made it all of a kilometer from the start of the highway before eating it, oops. But then I got stuck behind pretty much the picture below, except I counted 6 plow trucks spread across the freeway.

Packed day of meetings.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I drove the Land Cruiser in, which was overkill since they plowed/salted overnight. Alas, I shall survive even with the extra fuel cost for this journey accounted for

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Hearing back to 90% in my right ear after being all of 30% yesterday.

There's a happy hour tonight for a coworker that's leaving. Don't think I'll be in attendance for that.

Mmm, yup. Otherwise I'm upright and breathing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
How's the "assign Tim unsupported huge tasks" aspect of work going?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How's the "assign Tim unsupported huge tasks" aspect of work going?
Not too bad, at the moment. Still have all kinds of unsupported tasks, but at least my new boss is working to find a suitable replacement to take on such tasks, as it is far outside of my functional expertise.

That said, I have a phone jerb interview Friday. Jerb description is more in line with my skills and interests, and probably pays 20% more, but would require on-site presence, which I'm not excited about. Not saying current job won't go back to in-person, but its not likely to happen for 6 months, and even then might be somewhat of a hybrid situation.

Anyone ever used a job offer to extract more from your current gig? Wondering if thats a fair play, or will just poison the relationship...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
IMO the well is poisoned the second you start looking for a new job.
I wasn't actively looking, I was approached and found the prospects intriguing, so I inquired. No beef with my current gig, and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed in the least if it doesn't work out.

Trying to tread carefully so I don't blow a decent thing up.

All of it is just biding time until @CrabJoe StretchPants becomes a manager and I can rely on nepotism to score a cushy role.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I wasn't actively looking, I was approached and found the prospects intriguing, so I inquired. No beef with my current gig, and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed in the least if it doesn't work out.

Trying to tread carefully so I don't blow a decent thing up.

All of it is just biding time until @CrabJoe StretchPants becomes a manager and I can rely on nepotism to score a cushy role.
I actually had a talk about head count with my boss the other day, and it sounds like there will be at least 1-2 positions to add to/replace folks in our group early next year....

I hope you can handle 30hr work weeks :p

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I actually had a talk about head count with my boss the other day, and it sounds like there will be at least 1-2 positions to add to/replace folks in our group early next year....

I hope you can handle 30hr work weeks :p
I'm not a complete moron, and I give a mean rub & tug, need I say more?

Does this mean we can do riding meetings?!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rainy day and the no sun December continues. Looking forward to winter solstice so we start to gain daylight again.

Rear shock packed for service. Not serviced since I got the bike in 2014. It's really been the year of bike love and it's the last part missing. Having to do all the service is a good sign as I have finally put some miles on the bike after the move back to Denmark.