Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bought expensive groceries at PCC

Ate some apple fritters that MIL + eldest kid made

After baby naps then off to FIL's sailboat for the afternoon

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hmm, maybe I should finally sell my nearly-mint SC Nickel.
Yes you should.

I should list the random F+R derailleurs I've got on CL too...

Wife and I had tentatively planned to head to Trestle for the whole weekend and camp. Just discovered there's a "Big Mountain Enduro" race there on Saturday, so that fucks up the camping plans and likely closes a bunch of trails on Saturday as they fanny about enduroing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yes you should.

I should list the random F+R derailleurs I've got on CL too...

Wife and I had tentatively planned to head to Trestle for the whole weekend and camp. Just discovered there's a "Big Mountain Enduro" race there on Saturday, so that fucks up the camping plans and likely closes a bunch of trails on Saturday as they fanny about enduroing.
1628625115963.png

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My bum bag from lab austere isn't brightly coloured :(

I will admit I have ridden in goggles with a half shell. But that's when it's < 20 freedums and I'm on my fat bike. Not sure if that's worse in the eyes of RM :( It won't happen on my trail bike.
Back when I was racing I wore clear glasses with a full face. Never could get used to goggles. Not sure which looks worse, that or goggles and a regular helmet.

Fanny packs are pretty popular with the thru hiking crowd. Some small boutique shops make some ridiculously light ones out of Dyneema. Like 2-3 oz.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of N-1, wife and splat scraped together enough parts to make my beat-to-shit old Quasi Moto rideable and sold it for $700. Splat filled in the missing parts and did the build, so we split the profits 50/50. Now maybe we can sell the broken RFX...

View attachment 163277
I should really put the cables onto the Fuel and sell it...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Don't get too skinny, Skinny.
Not a problem, I still have a good amount of fat on my torso. Could probably stand to drop another 13 or so. The more I lose now the less I have to work off in the Spring. My goal is to burn as much fat as I can and to bank as much fitness as I can before November when work (hopefully) will get busy. Then I will only have time to maintain what ever level of fitness I have thru the holidays when I can resume normal training until my start date.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
6 bikes each? Are you crazy!

How can you live with so few bikes! :D
Shit... Even the 3y/o here has three bikes, but one need to be sold. Haley has three, but one is being loaned to a friend. Wifey has two, but one has to be sold. I have four, one in need of sale. So... 12 now, and 8 once I sell a few. And I just sold two, too...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride complete and not as taxing as I thought the wind would make it. Tailwinds clocked in at 24 to 27 on the way out with the headwinds averaging 18 to 20 on the way back. I left the bike on the back of the wagon in case I want to go again later.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Swanky bike for Great Falls!
Not even in the top 100, we have Specialized and Cannondale dealers in town. Trek is the entry level brand at our local sporting goods store. I think every 10th bike is an EVO and I have seen a half dozen lefties.

But I do agree - all my bikes are more kit than the trails require, however - the GT is the real sleeper.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hunh, I mistook it for a very oddly colored Yeti (but I didn’t look very closely, obviously).
Still, great to see you are getting after it!
It is but, in my opinion, the GT Sensor is a better built higher spec bike. It's the one I rode with you in Idaho. GT gets no love due to lack of chi chi brand acceptance. Kind of like a Raleigh M80 or any Bridgestone rigid from back in the day.

The Yeti is a budget build with a Pike, GX and Guide brakes.

Last edited: