Quantcast

~~Tuesday gmt ~~

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
On way to second job, the only one I enjoy, have nasty cold, sister in law comes this weekend for what promises to be a truly uncomfortable and awkward visit. Yeah me. (Sarcasm font ON)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:wave: everyone make it?
Coffee, gym, work. Getting pretty stoked for a little ski trip coming up.
Whatcha got?
coffee, work, gym here, yo. then making delicious northwoods bean soup with actual polish kielbasa. so i got that goin' for me.
gonna need to throw bikes in there sometime soon. s'posed to take 13yo and his buddy skiing sometime. guess it'll be a day trip as there's literally no lodging available for a night anywhere near here over the next 2 months.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Suspicion of fatbike rear hub imminent death is confirmed. Time to spend ludicrous amount of money on 1lbs of steel and aluminum.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey bruvs. I slept 12 hours Sunday night and 11 hours last night. I think I am caught up on that for now. My legs still hurt. I'll probably climb onto the kickr later for some very light pedaling just to loosen up.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Windy as all hell out. Just checked the local weather radar and we are about to get slammed by a band of severe thunderstorms. I hope this crap passes by before I go to pick up a disabled school kid in an hour. In the meantime espresso and a fried egg sandwich

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what's in store today, but I will likely fake work for a bit. I don't gym as there is only one in town and it's awful and I'm against commuting to work out. I have a small weight setup at home I am good at ignoring and it doesn't cost me anything additional. But I also had some goals this year I am already 2 weeks behind, so there is that.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello sleepmonkey/workmonkey friends! I got up early and worked out, mostly because I slept like shit. A few days ago I was struggling writing feedback for somebody I hated...something last night triggered the "Remember why?" response and I suddenly recalled the couple of times she was casually racist, and the several times she corrected my opinion in the middle of a group meeting...so yeah, playing out a whole bunch of conversations and scenarios in your mind unneccessarily will keep you up. Anyways, had a decent sweet spot workout and now i'm at work for happy good times.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Suspicion of fatbike rear hub imminent death is confirmed. Time to spend ludicrous amount of money on 1lbs of steel and aluminum.
I've always been concerned for the longevity of the Formula hubs on mine and wife's fat bikes. I accidentally a new set of DT Swiss 350 on Mulfut's yesterday for $360. Price was too good to pass up to replace my Formula hubbed Mulfut's. My bike is a 177 rear and DT Swiss have discontinued their 177 hubs :( I'd love to try a set of Onyx, but at $500 for just the hub I couldn't ignore this deal.

Now I need to decide who gets the new wheels between wife and I.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Already got paid for talking on Zoom for an hour and a half. Apparently I know what I’m talking about or at least appear to. Company says they plan to set up more calls. Who knew working in all of the different input sectors in AG would become valuable 20 years later.

cool story bro.:panic:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Didn't get to study last night, as I was dealing with a situation with MIL1 last night. Work, Haley back to school today, and gymnastics tonight.

The MIL situation has us treating a 73yo like a 15yo in trouble for lying and not doing schoolwork. She worked for an atty until retirement and still does some work for him. Wifey got a call from his daughter in Oct that she stopped responding to status update requests, but things were due. We got involved, it was supposedly moving, but got a call Sunday asking to get everything (paper/electronics) sent to them with no care about the status. It was all supposed to be together when I went over last night, just needing to copy the data to flash drives and take the box of paper. Turns out, she spent the day working on the stuff she hadn't done over the last 8mos. So, I spent 3hrs sorting through commingled data files to pull out work data. She's supposed to get us an overnight tracking number today for all of the paper and the flash drives, which are to be sent out this afternoon. We shall see, but we're both running out of patience with her on this one.

Adding to it, her excuse is that she has trouble seeing, everything is very blurry (new glasses inbound), she has trouble writing (really bad tremors), and that the files are her comp are impossible to find (they're in a simple ladder; she's forgetting how to use the comp regularly). Those combined with a few other symptoms are straight in-line with Parkinson's, which is a bit disconcerting. We know she doesn't like going to the Dr, so we're pretty confident that she's not telling each doctor all the issues. Wifey is probably going to have to start going to the Dr with her, which I doubt will go well. This whole situation is a fucking mess. /Rant

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Depending on what you decide, there could be a thread for you.
Until they actually get delivered correctly, I'm not entirely sure I'm even getting what I ordered. But it may well be me who gets them given I can put out more torques, so more likely to explode the Formula freehub.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Didn't get to study last night, as I was dealing with a situation with MIL1 last night. Work, Haley back to school today, and gymnastics tonight.

The MIL situation has us treating a 73yo like a 15yo in trouble for lying and not doing schoolwork. She worked for an atty until retirement and still does some work for him. Wifey got a call from his daughter in Oct that she stopped responding to status update requests, but things were due. We got involved, it was supposedly moving, but got a call Sunday asking to get everything (paper/electronics) sent to them with no care about the status. It was all supposed to be together when I went over last night, just needing to copy the data to flash drives and take the box of paper. Turns out, she spent the day working on the stuff she hadn't done over the last 8mos. So, I spent 3hrs sorting through commingled data files to pull out work data. She's supposed to get us an overnight tracking number today for all of the paper and the flash drives, which are to be sent out this afternoon. We shall see, but we're both running out of patience with her on this one.

Adding to it, her excuse is that she has trouble seeing, everything is very blurry (new glasses inbound), she has trouble writing (really bad tremors), and that the files are her comp are impossible to find (they're in a simple ladder; she's forgetting how to use the comp regularly). Those combined with a few other symptoms are straight in-line with Parkinson's, which is a bit disconcerting. We know she doesn't like going to the Dr, so we're pretty confident that she's not telling each doctor all the issues. Wifey is probably going to have to start going to the Dr with her, which I doubt will go well. This whole situation is a fucking mess. /Rant
that's unfortunate. unpopular opinion: she shouldn't be working anymore. you should also start the discussion on setting up power of attorney.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
8 min bike ride to work starting in November as we are moving to a brand new office. Almost not even worth it getting the bike out for that short of a ride. My lease is up around the same time so I have to figure out what to do. Ideally I could get a nice old car but here they put high tax on old cars if they have bad mileage even if you do not drive it much. Anyway all of that is a luxery problem.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
WFH after taking 2yo to his belated annual physical and getting 4 shots. Was not a fan. (He wasn't.....I was totally fine).

Going to be fucking off for a couple hours to ride to see if my recent suspension adjustments make the Izzo more fun. Appears I haven't had it at optimum sag and may have been wallowing in mid-stroke.

Buddy is awaiting arrival of his tennis ball yellow Uncaged Izzo and has been stuck in PA for over a day. He is not pleased.