Quantcast

~~Tuesday gmt ~~

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
No power this AM at the house, made espresso with the power of lithium, probably not solar due to my system only producing 3kw yesterday. I guess you need the sun to make solar power? weird.

Unfortunately we have power at the office, so I must work for a living today. Have about 7 emails asking for sketchy changes to parts that have zero issues, time to deny a bunch of stupid ECRs. Yay.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
visit to Costco is planned for this afternoon. Le hate.
why do you hate it? Costco and REI are the only places that I'll willingly just browse around in person.

Until they actually get delivered correctly, I'm not entirely sure I'm even getting what I ordered. But it may well be me who gets them given I can put out more torques, so more likely to explode the Formula freehub.
sounds legit as reasoning. which star ratchet are you planning on? I've used the 18, 36, 54t ones over the years. I get occasional skipping with the 54t on my commuter with high torque (recall that it's single speed so to climb one must stand), which is disconcerting. I'd stick with the 36t personally.

/me is working today. pancreatic cancer clinic day means busy morning and then catching back up in the afternoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
if his costco is like one of my local costcos, it gets unpleasantly uncrowded.
There is a "small" one by work and the "big" one by the freeway. I don't go to the big one during the week, but the little one before noon except Mondays ain't bad. There isn't a lot the 2 of us get there, but dog meds and random crap I can grab and hit self checkout and be done quick.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
8 min bike ride to work starting in November as we are moving to a brand new office. Almost not even worth it getting the bike out for that short of a ride. My lease is up around the same time so I have to figure out what to do. Ideally I could get a nice old car but here they put high tax on old cars if they have bad mileage even if you do not drive it much. Anyway all of that is a luxery problem.
You sadly cannot own a historic car as your only car here in DK. That would be a nice way around some BS regulations and costs if you only once in a while need a car.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
sounds legit as reasoning. which star ratchet are you planning on? I've used the 18, 36, 54t ones over the years. I get occasional skipping with the 54t on my commuter with high torque (recall that it's single speed so to climb one must stand), which is disconcerting. I'd stick with the 36t personally.
I've got a spare set of 36's which will go in if they turn up with 18's, I've hopefully got an appropriate XD freehub somewhere too. Road bike has 240's with 18, DH and XC are 350's, both 36's I think.

Shitter was not full, just showing full, because the sensors were full. Yeesh............
Aren't they just configured to empty automatically as the plane goes over Greeley or NJ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Every single Costco near me gets this way. The gas stations are even worse. In most cases, I would rather be punched in the face than go into a Costco.
There's 2 near me. one is ~20 min, the other one is ~25 min. the closer one has no gas station, but is in a MUCH more populated area and is the one that gets super crowded. the farther one has a gas station, definitely not as crowded, but not in as of populated of an area.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've always been concerned for the longevity of the Formula hubs on mine and wife's fat bikes. I accidentally a new set of DT Swiss 350 on Mulfut's yesterday for $360. Price was too good to pass up to replace my Formula hubbed Mulfut's. My bike is a 177 rear and DT Swiss have discontinued their 177 hubs :( I'd love to try a set of Onyx, but at $500 for just the hub I couldn't ignore this deal.

Now I need to decide who gets the new wheels between wife and I.
You should take it. My wife got the 350 and she will never kill it climbing on the easy gear. I'm more of a stand up and mash guy and I kill hub. It is what I do.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Drive side bearing is shot, causing play, causing freehub pawls holder to rub on drive ring.
So what are you going to replace it with, given your Mayor is 197 you can 350 it or Onyx it if you're feeling extra fancy?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In a brainstorm meeting with folks from a company we recently acquired, and one of the guys has the last name Pepper and has a PhD in chemical engineering.

I'm in a meeting with Dr. Pepper.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm going over to get the last of the files transfered over to flash drives. She's now getting messages from 3 people that a tracking number needs to be provided by EOD. Heat is on with no other options right now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm going over to get the last of the files transfered over to flash drives. She's now getting messages from 3 people that a tracking number needs to be provided by EOD. Heat is on with no other options right now.
Is it on the street? Inside your head, on every beat?