Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Last day of my week off sick, was supposed to finish up last Friday but I said I'd do another two weeks, still have a transmission to rebuild, yay.
Found a huge ghost mushroom, will get a photo at less than 6400iso tomorrow night.
IMGK0227.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I became an adult yesterday when I put together my first bike stand and did not have to sit on the floor to tune my bike.
I did that last week, I ordered one after battling with a front derailleur on my old man's bike, pretty sad that that was the thing that made me buy something I've sorta needed for 20yrs.

What sort did you get? I only got a Bike Hand but for $220 Aussie dollars it is awesome!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did that last week, I ordered one after battling with a front derailleur on my old man's bike, pretty sad that that was the thing that made me buy something I've sorta needed for 20yrs.

What sort did you get? I only got a Bike Hand but for $220 Aussie dollars it is awesome!
Glad I am not the only one behind on the curve. I went for a Park Tools middle of the range which seems perfect for what I need. I had the best experience adjusting rear disc brake ever last night.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, fellow ballers. I got an hour of running on the high school track done before work. It's humid as balls out there and I was fully saturated at the end of that run. Glad that's done...I've got a very busy WFH day on tap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Morning gents! Busy work day ahead. Mentally, I'll be thinking about riding my bike. Or golfing. Or really any number of the things I like to do.

I should plant some trees.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Rescued an earthworm this morning by picking it up the dry, hot sidewalk and placing in a nearby flowerbed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: what a great weekend. Rode every day. Time for new tires.

The girl is wanting a new ride, lighter than her SB140 but similar trail/enduro-y. Not sure what to look at for her. I thought I'd just build her some light wheels but the DT 1700 she has aren't stupid heavy, and she needs proper tires out here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

The girl is wanting a new ride, lighter than her SB140 but similar trail/enduro-y. Not sure what to look at for her. I thought I'd just build her some light wheels but the DT 1700 she has aren't stupid heavy, and she needs proper tires out here.
a class 1 e-bike would feel lighter, if you will, and still allow a burly wheel/tire setup. maybe one of these newfangled small pack light ones? not that I've been following the market at all since my Shuttle's been just fine.

just sayin'

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

How heavy is her bike? I've eyed the SB140 (especially with a coil), so I'm surprised to hear it's too portly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
a class 1 e-bike would feel lighter, if you will, and still allow a burly wheel/tire setup. maybe one of these newfangled small pack light ones? not that I've been following the market at all since my Shuttle's been just fine.

just sayin'

Have you considered intermittent fasting?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

Is there much out there in the same category that's really lighter frame-wise?

I mean, the wheels could go stupid light and you could put some eeWings or the like on there?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Not sure what my GG Smash even weighs. But whilst I'd like it to be lighter, after I've reached the bottom of the gut with my wheels and tyres still intact I remind myself I built it that way for a reason :D I do ponder a 130mm bike with a Pike up front versus my GG + Lyrik and 2.5" EXO+/DD tyres though. I know my 24lb racing XC bike wouldn't be happy with blasting down Apex too often.

Is the SB140 mid wheel or 29er?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i would just go home and get drunk.

my director just announced 3 "please don't quit" promotions.
LOL, I saw that at my last place. All three directors were promoted to senior director, virtually nobody else got promoted.

Just had a phone screen with somebody who is kicking off a new startup that is more in line with what I'm hoping for in terms of role and outlook. Rather than building a company, they are building a product that will sell/partner off and likely exit. That shit's fun. Sounds like title, salary, and work would be what I want, but commute would be an hour though traffic free (mostly highway). That scares me a bit, but I think the sitting in traffic is what's really killing me, not necessarily the time. I dunno lol

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Busy days, frig.

Have training starting tomorrow, which runs through Friday. Who the fuck schedules that shit from 11am-6pm???

Last two days have been spent crawling around two plants with a security dude. Nothing like going to the 2nd floor mezzanine in a plant, with two hvac heat exchangers blasting exhaust air up your pants, waiting for someone to poke at some cables.

Can you smell this @Westy

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:disgust:

"looking for a lighter bike..."
"have you considered a bike that's 10-15 pounds heavier?"

maybe 31? it's not 'too' portly, she'd just like it to be 'less' portly.
Interesting conundrum. 31 isn't outlandish, especially if the wheels/tires are reasonable.

Semi-slick out back to cut down on rolling resistance?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Present. Rugrats had much fun and terrible eating habits over the weekend. This has created a house of angry small people this morning. Off to school with you!

Tidying up work stuff before the end of the month.

Also trying to communicate my product capabilities to a foreign engineering team. My last correspondance led off with "I am not an engineer." We'll see how much more of this they can take before they ghost me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
LOL, I saw that at my last place. All three directors were promoted to senior director, virtually nobody else got promoted.
these weren't managers or anything, they were entry level / associate level. after both rounds of layoffs last year a bunch of them quit / resigned. they're young, easy for them to move around. we are operating on a skeleton crew. it's bad.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
run to storage today to find a few things and sort what is needed to go in the job trailer. like an easter egg hunt but with expensive tools.

All caught up on the accounting for the LCC for the month.

had to remove a spring on the kicker bracket so I could get to actually function. Seems like it will work fine with half capacity for my needs being the kicker is only 9.9hp and the bracket is rated to a 30hp outboard.

ordered two 4x8 Bora centipedes, will arrive on friday, will work fine as a platform/bench in the garage to build doors and windows on with a couple of sheets of MDF as a top

got the welder, compressor, fuel cans and other big ticket items mounted in the trailer. Will probably work on some lights and small tool organization today.

That is all, move out, draw fire.....