Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We call that spider patrol in Florida. Get the biggest Golden Orb Weaver you ever saw shrinkwrapped to your face. You get used to it.
In Virginia I could do multiple laps on a 5 mile trail and the spiders that didn't decide to make home in your helmet would have new webs up for your second lap.

Spikey little bastards, you leaned not to try and brush them off.

1718738038731.png

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

rode around GGCSP as I do

it was quite acceptable. even a touch chilly at times

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Hannah's ear started bleeding on the plane. Oh boy! Issues on the takeoff, then it was fine. Then landing in Orlando. Now we get to do it for the next leg. At least we should be able to get some drugs for her here.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
twas a balmy 90 for exams today. Our ES & MS students had a half day due to the heat but HS students still had to come in if they had Regents exams. No school tomorrow for Juneteenth and then we're off to nationals. Hoping to have a beer with jonkranked is schedules allow. Off to float around in the pool and relax...brb

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Guy I was working with at the building in the city said "I think I might go back to the hotel now and get some actual work done". Not sure if that was a euphanism or what, but I just said LETS GOOOO. Took off and am now home early, thus avoiding that traffic hell hole at rush hour.

Can hear thunder booming in the distance. I need to wash my donkey bike off for a path ride with the dudes tomorrow. Its still coated in that nasty white mud from crushed gravel paths like 2 months ago. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And... Hannah's ear started bleeding on the plane. Oh boy! Issues on the takeoff, then it was fine. Then landing in Orlando. Now we get to do it for the next leg. At least we should be able to get some drugs for her here.
lordy that's not something anyone wants to have happen on a plane. and i was grumpy because the pressure sensor on my dive watch went fucky on the flight home from bonaire.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I love when someone in our general IT department somewhere else in the business thanks me for solving some problem. They say thank you, explain how they couldn't do it without me etc etc. Meanwhile I just googled for the problem code, while browsing pinkbike buysell. Work smarter, not harder man.

Now if I could just learn to read while I walk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love when someone in our general IT department somewhere else in the business thanks me for solving some problem. They say thank you, explain how they couldn't do it without me etc etc. Meanwhile I just googled for the problem code, while browsing pinkbike buysell. Work smarter, not harder man.

i swear, being even remotely competent is becoming a super-power

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida

So just like IT everywhere? I do fuck all most of the time, but I'm the only person who ever remembers anything so I'm at the top of the class here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So just like IT everywhere? I do fuck all most of the time, but I'm the only person who ever remembers anything so I'm at the top of the class here.
Pretty much and pretty much. I am also one of the only people who remembers things. And I don't like telling people more than once what the answer is. I mean sometimes its entertaining watching them run around like a headless chicken.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 1.36.38 PM.png

Fun little jaunt in the sand today, 2 hours, recovered 2 stuck RZR's, Filled a Milwaukee pack-out box with blown drive belts, and tried to make it out to the beach but the water was still too high. Sand is still pretty dead midweek but all that will change next week so getting the play time in now and plan on taking the boat out during UTV takeover.

Ran into a bunch of old dudes from Washington running CJ's and flat fender jeeps with blown big blocks and paddles. you could hear them a mile away, pretty rad.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fuck, this sport I love is absolutely killing me. Cancelled our Anniversary trip to Sun Valley, might have to cancel a Colorado trip to see Jason Isbell. Can’t really work.
I need to reassess everything.
Slept 14 hours, just getting up every five or so to eat an Oxy.
yeesh.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
My lil homey actually did the slides today. Awesome way to spend the day, though I’m sporting a fresh sunburn despite applying spf 30 liberally…whoop

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We had our first actually company quarterly report (been in business 24 years) and it was actually really good. We all took a pay cut a few months back and we've gotten profitable again, so we should be back at full salary next quarter. I'm just glad we are still in business, I didn't want to look for a job again. But we actually have some very positive outlooks, so that's nice.

I'm totally buying another Corvette when we are back to full salary, the truck is killing me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some brave kids out in the lake while this rolled through. And one dude on a paddleboard, I'm sure he enjoyed the whitecaps outta nowhere. :D

Damn there's been a lot of storms lately. Feels and sounds like we live in the Midwest.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck, this sport I love is absolutely killing me. Cancelled our Anniversary trip to Sun Valley, might have to cancel a Colorado trip to see Jason Isbell. Can’t really work.
I need to reassess everything.
Slept 14 hours, just getting up every five or so to eat an Oxy.
yeesh.
I'm sure you know what's what, but I assume this is in relation to trending rubber side up?

Much easier said than done, but gotta dial is back and feel that limit.

And the sleep, yeah I don't have much input on that other than breaking cycles I hard. As someone who sleeps like shit, is a light sleeper and has mild apnea, I know how much it can suck running on empty constantly.

But you'll figure it out. Take it day by day and holla when ya need to blow off steam and vent.

For the bike thing, a close buddy who is 67 or so, is going through similar crap. He absolutely CRUSHES all of us on rides; up and down. But last summer he snapped his Achilles at Kicking Horse and that has triggered something in him. He's still the wild man, but isn't taking those huge risks anymore - or perhaps it's hard to put into words. He still risks it for the biscuit, but he is now much more intune with what his limit is.

This probably doesn't help and could be out of left field, but whatev. You got it! :busted:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Actually, this helps a lot. I am pretty frustrated as I only truly ‘got fast’ after 50, and I am simply running out of skill and strength before my desire to explore speed. I was always ‘faster than the average bear’, but I never raced DH, so I had some catching up to do.
I simply need to chill out, but there is just no replacement for the endorphin rush of speed. And yes, generally crushing younger riders on the DH’s is a thrill, and addictive…but like all addictions, has become more harmful than helpful.
Thanks for the support.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on the 5th, she wants to do current x-rays for some reason. @Toshi I had x-rays done last year before the MRI, what is she looking for that the MRI wouldn't show?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Actually, this helps a lot. I am pretty frustrated as I only truly ‘got fast’ after 50, and I am simply running out of skill and strength before my desire to explore speed. I was always ‘faster than the average bear’, but I never raced DH, so I had some catching up to do.
I simply need to chill out, but there is just no replacement for the endorphin rush of speed. And yes, generally crushing younger riders on the DH’s is a thrill, and addictive…but like all addictions, has become more harmful than helpful.
Thanks for the support.
wait...so i'ma get fast after next week? SWEET!

j/k...i was fastest in my mid-late 30s when i rode more and drank less. i hear all of what you're saying. hang in there amigo.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've only been fast (at drinking beer...) and since I ride alone 99.99% of the time and seldom see anyone on the trails, I am loathe to go fast and take chances anyway.

TL;DR when you have nothing, you have nothing to lose, be glad you had "something" ;)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I have my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on the 5th, she wants to do current x-rays for some reason. @Toshi I had x-rays done last year before the MRI, what is she looking for that the MRI wouldn't show?
they show different things well. x-rays/radiographs better for bone detail. tiny fractures, erosions from arthritis, what have you

of course the MRI is the only one that shows anything re the menisci, ligaments, marrow bruises etc.

so both. both is good.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Great news, no surgery, just time. Ortho said I could go back to some light riding in about three weeks, but he said “Probably not what you think of as riding”.
I call that a win, I guess.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Someone asked me for some help.wuth a PLC again this week. Was getting a devices not found. He had unplugged a profinet cable to connect his computer. Someone lazy dipshit had connected the remote I/O to the programming port instead of routing it through the enclosure. Angry chuckles ensued

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Someone asked me for some help.wuth a PLC again this week. Was getting a devices not found. He had unplugged a profinet cable to connect his computer. Someone lazy dipshit had connected the remote I/O to the programming port instead of routing it through the enclosure. Angry chuckles ensued
are these real words or are you pulling our collective (third?) leg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode the bike in the heat. It didn't seem so bad to start. I bottle rocketed to start. As soon as the suck really started. I broke off and rode alone. I keep the suck to myself always. The black flies did me in alone. As a group you get a smaller percentage of flies. I need to relearn this every year...