Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was very shocked to see how many peeps inhabit that arm pit of Florida, they seem to rebuild every year. When I was there last they were cleaning up from last year's season and it was a war zone. Imagine rebuilding just to get wiped off the map a few months later

what's the definition of insanity again?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ortho wanted a CT scan of my shoulder and sent me to radiology. Sitting in the waiting room on hold on the phone as the Radiology department does not do scheduling. Best health care in the world.

Edit: Insurance required a 3 business day wait for a CT Scan. Too bad I'm not trying to just buy a gun.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Insurance required a 3 business day wait for a CT Scan.
That’s incredibly stupid, from any point of view. You get delayed treatment and more pain, surely the insurance company will have higher treatment costs across the board, and you now have to make multiple journeys, again raising costs across the system.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That’s incredibly stupid, from any point of view. You get delayed treatment and more pain, surely the insurance company will have higher treatment costs across the board, and you now have to make multiple journeys, again raising costs across the system.
Watch it, Commie. The more money that's spent, the more yachts the C-Suite fkrs can buy. Why do you hate the free market? :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Turns out the doctor made a minor clerical error and identified the scan as urgent in the wrong area. I was able to point this out and get something scheduled in the morning. Thankfully the scheduler wasn't some mindless bureaucrat and was able and allowed to use their brains.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So last week the Christmas tree people set up their shop which is more than a month early. Then I saw Pumpkin Spice Dude Wipes online. WTF needs a spiced butt ? Not that it’s too early but really ? Now I’m walking around Lowe’s gathering toilet parts for rebuild number two and see this:

IMG_5570.jpeg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So last week the Christmas tree people set up their shop which is more than a month early. Then I saw Pumpkin Spice Dude Wipes online. WTF needs a spiced butt ? Not that it’s too early but really ? Now I’m walking around Lowe’s gathering toilet parts for rebuild number two and see this:

View attachment 218949
They totally skipped inflatable turkey season, wow.