Quantcast

Tuesday Night Ride Pics .

splat

Nam I am
Well Normally we ride thursday Nights , but this week being thanksgiving and all we rode tonight. was a little bit chilly tonight but once we got pedalling it quickly warmed up.

Here is IF_rider hucking a 2 foot drop

SloMoJo Coming down a rocky descent.

SloMoJo playing on yet another rock

IF_rider coming down a steep moss covered rock

and then all hell broke loose !

SloMoJo caught his rear derailuer in his spokes and promptly tore it off. but he was carrying a spare deraileur , so Here his is changing it. and of course nothing was going right , the cable frayed on him ( he had another ) , his chain got jammed between his crank and a frame , and then his battery was dying. and while this was going on. My light went out and started smoking like no tommorow. I melted the power connector , I guess that is what hppends when you replace a 12 watt bulb with a 28 watt. But I had my Emergency light so I pulled it out snapped it on my helmet.

and way here is SloMoJo and IF_rider playing bicycle repairmen

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
SloMoJo caught his rear derailuer in his spokes and promptly tore it off. but he was carrying a spare deraileur , so Here his is changing it. and of course nothing was going right , the cable frayed on him ( he had another ) , his chain got jammed between his crank and a frame , and then his battery was dying. and while this was going on. My light went out and started smoking like no tommorow. I melted the power connector , I guess that is what hppends when you replace a 12 watt bulb with a 28 watt. But I had my Emergency light so I pulled it out snapped it on my helmet.
Were you in 'Nam? That place sure does seem to eat derailluers. :dead:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Next time you should go hardcore and not use any headlights. :evil: My friend and I ride through trails sometimes at night without any lights, it really challenging especially when there are random logs across the trail. :nuts:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Next time you should go hardcore and not use any headlights. My friend and I ride through trails sometimes at night without any lights, it really challenging especially when there are random logs across the trail.
I could have on a Monday night ride. The moon was pretty bright here in Upstate NY. Only problem is all the leaves on the ground hide the roots and rocks. OTB city. :dead:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
berkshire_rider said:
I could have on a Monday night ride. The moon was pretty bright here in Upstate NY. Only problem is all the leaves on the ground hide the roots and rocks. OTB city. :dead:
That just makes it more fun!! :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I Are Baboon said:
Damn, do you guys have mechanicals on every night ride??

Who the heck carries a spare derailleur in their backpack??? :)
No kidding. I'm sure if one of them had a need to wash-up, someone would have been carrying the kitchen sink!

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:

No we don't usually have troubles .

why do you think SloMoJo uses the LARGE camel Back!
and we use some baby wiped kept in a zip lock bag . Carrying the kitchen sink would be nice , but plumbing is a bitch .

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:

Word. If I broke off my deraileur I'd just ride singlespeed. Oh wait, I do ride singlespeed :D

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Who the heck carries a spare derailleur in their backpack???
I have seen some people who do. I'm considering it, as the one on my NRS is a little bent. I figure I'll replace it with a new XT, and put the old one in the camelback. I can't get up some of the hills at places where I ride with 18 choices, let alone singlespeed it out. :blah: I would rather carry a spare than to end a ride prematurely. Actually, if you are running a Sram chain, and have a spare derailluer in the camelback, you could swap it out in no time.