Quantcast

~~~ Tuesday? ok, Tuesday ~~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
up early, because wine with dinner. you'd think I'd learn by now, yet here we are!

got a big ol' tire lever to take another crack at installing a cushcore xc in my rear wheel. I may do that this morning before work, we'll see how this coffee works.

what'cha got, homies?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slow day just waiting for some warm spring weather to return. I have had so much allergies this year but atleast I am able to control it with a regular antihistamine daily.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

I seem to like taking the most visually confusing pictures possible. Making slow progress, but it feels wonderful to work on the bike. No screens, just allen wrenches and a quiet room. Need to route and trim brake lines.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
up early, because beer with dinner. you'd think I'd learn by now, yet here we are!
:stupid:
I've basically quit drinking since the cancer diagnosis, and have been sleeping great. Three time since then we've gotten together with friends and I've no more than three beers/drinks every time. Slept like absolute shite on every occasion when I've had alcohol. I hate to say it, but I kind of think I'm done drinking.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Discovered my drivetrain grinding isn't a pooched BB, but the chainrings having worn to the point where they are not accepting the new chain quietly. So new front chainring ordered, and theb to see if the cassette is salvageable. Considered just upgrading the whole drivetrain to 12 speed, but is that really an upgrade at this point? Do I need the plate sized rear cog? Probably not.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

:stupid:
I've basically quit drinking since the cancer diagnosis, and have been sleeping great. Three time since then we've gotten together with friends and I've no more than three beers/drinks every time. Slept like absolute shite on every occasion when I've had alcohol. I hate to say it, but I kind of think I'm done drinking.
I did this when I changed diets because of limited alcohol selection (I like beer, not tither stuff) and have generally felt much better since. I've recently started drinking CBD bubbly water, which has been less (ie none) of your realtime pot aspects, but puts yo ass to sleep and sleep hard.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also, here. Doing a webinar about differences in retirement plans (because there are lots) and common misnomers (because lots) for a large plan tonight. I did it yesterday for another and have never had so many people 1) sign-up (ratio to plan size) and 2) stay on all the way through. Boss found out and is now going to be "attending" tonight's. Yay fun!

Otherwise painters show up today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
YO. I ran for an hour on the high school track this morning, and I finished just as lacrosse practice started, which is good because the last thing I need is stray balls ending up in my face. Hopefully I saved enough in my legs for a RAMP TEST later.

Pfizer shot number two today. LET'S FUCKIN' GO!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So wife and I took Friday off to go riding with splat, and sure enough there is a Nor'easter in the forecast. GOD DAMMIT. All rain, but a shitload of it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I has a shim I'm not using, if you need it! 30.9 - 31.6. I also have a mostly functional thomson post in 30.9
Thank you but I am done with seat post shims, and I need to go the opposite route. I have a few weeks old 31.6/185mm Bike Yoke but the Riot takes 30.9 posts. I have just ordered a 30.9mm lower tube for it directly from Germany because it is not in stock anywhere on this side of the pond but paying 25e for shipping bites.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. Preparing some environmental reports today for client. Wife and me got our second Pfizer poke yesterday. Arm is sore but that’s it, so far. @Nick when I installed my cushcore I left the insert and tire out in the sun for awhile prior and it helped tremendously.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Present. Preparing some environmental reports today for client. Wife and me got our second Pfizer poke yesterday. Arm is sore but that’s it, so far. @Nick when I installed my cushcore I left the insert and tire out in the sun for awhile prior and it helped tremendously.
just ham fist it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
meh, i'm north of 200lbs and i've got a set of 28 spoke wheels i've been using for years. plenty stiff, but they are carbon rims.
Thinking they're 26" though yeah? These are the first 28 spoke 29er wheels I've had, and I've done a pretty good amount of damage to the previous rim that was on the bike. I'm sure there are multiple contributing factors, including spoke count.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thinking they're 26" though yeah? These are the first 28 spoke 29er wheels I've had, and I've done a pretty good amount of damage to the previous rim that was on the bike. I'm sure there are multiple contributing factors, including spoke count.
true, but i've seen enough 28 hole 29" offerings that you'll probably be ok.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Loving watching Cavendish win for the second day in a row.

Probably my favourite roadie and great to see him getting some wins after a few years struggling with Epstein-Barr. Even if the Tour of Turkey isn't the most prestigious race with the greatest field.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode in in the cold, with my construction working-miming yellow pants and both a fleece and a shell. Since 34 Freedoms and moist and all.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fuck yeah it does... and it is. Fucking 28 spoke wheels on a 29er for a 200 lb guy... it's a bad idea. I should get new wheels.
And here I am being too lazy to build up my enduro wheels for all-mtn riding because my all-mtn wheels didn't make it too long. :popcorn:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
spooky frame showed up...
told older brother to take it home....if he likes it I will sell it to him for 200....

maggiori prints showed up...

latest issue of stag showed up....

overall good mail day...