Quantcast

~~~ Tuesday? ok, Tuesday ~~~

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got my first jab. so that's cool.
I got mine last friday. Felt off the next day- not full on fever and chills, but dizzy, nausea, fatigue. Next one is a month away. Anxious to see if it's worse or better- that might be a sign of whether I came in contact with COVID previously.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Time to throw some weight on my back and hike up some rocky hills.

If I had of known about the fitness benefits of backpacking when I was racing XC then I probably would not have owned a road bike. Gonna torque the cranks right off the Spitty the next time I ride it.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I got mine last friday. Felt off the next day- not full on fever and chills, but dizzy, nausea, fatigue. Next one is a month away. Anxious to see if it's worse or better- that might be a sign of whether I came in contact with COVID previously.
If it's better -> previous covid?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If it's better -> previous covid?
So the thought process is that your second exposure (usually your second dose) triggers an immune response after your first exposure trains your adaptive immune system to fight the disease. Normally your first exposure would result in illness or death with actual COVID, but if it's mRNA (or denatured virus) then your body learns and the vaccine goes away by itself without illness or death. The second dose triggers a greater response than the first because the body is actually responding to it. If you've been exposed previously, then the first reaction would be as substantial as most people's second reaction, and the second reaction would be minor or none at all.

Of course, we still know very little about COVID- including how long the immune response lasts for after exposure to the actual virus, as well as variants and all that noise. I believe that I was exposed in Feb/March last year...my entire family got sick after my CEO returned from the Biogen conference and my wife traveled to california. No way to know until we have a way to measure antibody titer in people reliably.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So the thought process is that your second exposure (usually your second dose) triggers an immune response after your first exposure trains your adaptive immune system to fight the disease. Normally your first exposure would result in illness or death with actual COVID, but if it's mRNA (or denatured virus) then your body learns and the vaccine goes away by itself without illness or death. The second dose triggers a greater response than the first because the body is actually responding to it. If you've been exposed previously, then the first reaction would be as substantial as most people's second reaction, and the second reaction would be minor or none at all.

Of course, we still know very little about COVID- including how long the immune response lasts for after exposure to the actual virus, as well as variants and all that noise. I believe that I was exposed in Feb/March last year...my entire family got sick after my CEO returned from the Biogen conference and my wife traveled to california. No way to know until we have a way to measure antibody titer in people reliably.
My thought process was correct, then. I am curious about that too, there's a good chance I was exposed early on as well as wife claims she lost the sense of smell for a few weeks and I went through flu-like symptoms without fever then. I remember the awfully sick people on the last train ride home like it was yesterday.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Goddammit. In-person schooling is barely a week old and fucking quarantines are popping up all over the place. Including my kid.

If only there had been some indication that allowing large groups to gather indoors was inadvisable. :disgust:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the Subaru rear suspension finished and car back down. Holy fuck does it drive nice now. It actually drives smoother with less jarring and rattle from road irregularities. The feel is very much that of a car now vs. a small SUV - almost no body roll, more centered pivot for turning. Still have the front sway & endlinks, subframe bushings (friend to come help with those), and an adtl suspension brace for the rear (need a longer bolt) in need of install, but as it stands now, holy shit.

Going down to Springs Friday for my second shot then hanging out with @Pesqueeb to get the electronics (headunit, speakers, and camera) installed.

Coming together nicely now and a far more cost effective option than buying a new car.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Doesn’t Squeeb work for American Airlines?
My entertainment console didn’t work on my Dallas-Jackson leg, FWIW. :busted:

But I did watch Goodfellas for the first time ever on the long flight, what a fucking movie.