Quantcast

** Tuesday somethingorother ***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Things have been working out suspiciously well the past few days. Miter saw had a hidden adjustment (not mentioned in the manual), so once I messed with that the play I've been fighting for months went away and I got it dialed in again. Then, my golf swing and archery form are in suspiciously good form for early season.

Then, the battery in my wife's car went bad 2.5 years into the 3 year warranty. And somehow my dad still had the receipt from when he bought it.

I'm not used to anything working out in my favor, nevermind multiple things.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I was so excited when I got into work and the network was down, and then I was sad when it came back up after only 10 minutes. I was ready to go home!

Lots of folks missing the wordle today. It took me all six tries.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
moving like an old man this morning, sore all over. I guess I should not mix two batches of dough by hand. Worked each batch for about an hour.

supposed to be in the 80s today and I have the Delta area to work and its usually hotter out there, farmer tan season has started.

Espresso time

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@SkaredShtles .....your italy free reading material is in the hands of the united states postal service....may it find its destination in a timely manner....

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Things have been working out suspiciously well the past few days. Miter saw had a hidden adjustment (not mentioned in the manual), so once I messed with that the play I've been fighting for months went away and I got it dialed in again. Then, my golf swing and archery form are in suspiciously good form for early season.

Then, the battery in my wife's car went bad 2.5 years into the 3 year warranty. And somehow my dad still had the receipt from when he bought it.

I'm not used to anything working out in my favor, nevermind multiple things.
Wait wait wait, golf swing?? Dafaq, don’t you complain that you don’t ride enough?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Aaargh, thought I'd easily be asleep by 10pm, it's now 11pm and I have this stuck in my head-
Won't be sleeping for a while, Bony M are rad.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
'mornin monkeys. nice sunny day here, but not too hot. I'll take it!

so looking for thoughts from the peanut gallery on a dilemma I'm facing.

Some of you may remember one of my best friends son died a few months back. Last week we went for a ride, and over dinner after the ride, he mentioned he was going to sell his son's bike (a '19 Devinci Spartan). It so happens my son needs a new bike. I mulled it over and asked my buddy if my son could try the bike to see if he'll enjoy biking more with a bike that fits and has f&r suspension.

He said yes, and I have the bike now to try out. But I'm still uneasy about it. I asked if it would be weird or awkward if I have the bike, and he responded he'd thought about it, but felt he probably wouldn't see the bike, so it's ok. But still, any time I go for a ride with my boy, he might catch wind of it and be reminded of what he's lost.

So my dilemma is whether I'm putting the decision on my buddy, making it his call. I feel he doesn't need that hassle at the moment. On the other hand, he said he'd thought about it and is ok with it.

There's a few other options for bikes in the area, so maybe the best option is to let him sell it to a stranger and let it leave his life?

thoughts?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I bought some of those candy candy grapes because they were on sale and I heard how good they taste. What the fuck, these things are AWFUL. I could barely choke down one of them. What the hell???

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Last nights sleep interruption was getting punched in the head (accidentally?) by the wife at 1am.

Bluebird skies outside right now, snowpocalypse later. We're at 7500ft, forecast says 1-2ft above 8000ft, so I guess we'll wait and see how cold it gets for the rain to snow cutover.

'mornin monkeys. nice sunny day here, but not too hot. I'll take it!

so looking for thoughts from the peanut gallery on a dilemma I'm facing.

Some of you may remember one of my best friends son died a few months back. Last week we went for a ride, and over dinner after the ride, he mentioned he was going to sell his son's bike (a '19 Devinci Spartan). It so happens my son needs a new bike. I mulled it over and asked my buddy if my son could try the bike to see if he'll enjoy biking more with a bike that fits and has f&r suspension.

He said yes, and I have the bike now to try out. But I'm still uneasy about it. I asked if it would be weird or awkward if I have the bike, and he responded he'd thought about it, but felt he probably wouldn't see the bike, so it's ok. But still, any time I go for a ride with my boy, he might catch wind of it and be reminded of what he's lost.

So my dilemma is whether I'm putting the decision on my buddy, making it his call. I feel he doesn't need that hassle at the moment. On the other hand, he said he'd thought about it and is ok with it.

There's a few other options for bikes in the area, so maybe the best option is to let him sell it to a stranger and let it leave his life?

thoughts?
I think purchase another bike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Meeting with a director of benefits then driving up to downtown to meet with a retired bus driver to help fill out forms. Swim tonight for Hannah.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Lolz I should know the name of the tools in my shed. . .
Haha. Overrated.

I recently had to buy a peavey, which appears to be what everyone else is calling a cant hook. I felt like a complete goofball trying to explain to the guy behind the counter at the logging supply store what I wanted. Prolly shoulda used some google-fu beforehand.

Related - found out last week that I get employee pricing at Stihl. Shipping a 660 from SC, which is where I’d have to take delivery, to OR will probably nullify the savings…

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Haha. Overrated.

I recently had to buy a peavey, which appears to be what everyone else is calling a cant hook. I felt like a complete goofball trying to explain to the guy behind the counter at the logging supply store what I wanted. Prolly shoulda used some google-fu beforehand.

Related - found out last week that I get employee pricing at Stihl. Shipping a 660 from SC, which is where I’d have to take delivery, to OR will probably nullify the savings…
I fondled the 462 and 500i (and the 661, but thats just overkill :D) at Ace this past weekend. Was bucking up some 28" dia maple and my 362 was running out of bar length (25") and power.

Realistically, I only have a dozen trees of 28"+ diameter that need to be dealt with. Do I really need a 70cc saw? Probably an edge case more than the norm.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Haha. Overrated.

Dunno, just the power unit should ship fairly cheap. I just shipped a 52” bar for 40 bucks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yes

#chainsawmonkey
True. Ideally I'd swap my 60cc for a 70cc. Not because I need it, but because the 70cc can pull a 28" bar and not be maxed out with power or oiling. 28" would be just about perfect for bucking up logs on the ground while standing up straight and not putting the tip in the dirt.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I fondled the 462 and 500i (and the 661, but thats just overkill :D) at Ace this past weekend. Was bucking up some 28" dia maple and my 362 was running out of bar length (25") and power.

Realistically, I only have a dozen trees of 28"+ diameter that need to be dealt with. Do I really need a 70cc saw? Probably an edge case more than the norm.
A dozen trees at that size is a lot of cuts!