Quantcast

** Tuesday somethingorother ***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Haha. Overrated.

I recently had to buy a peavey, which appears to be what everyone else is calling a cant hook. I felt like a complete goofball trying to explain to the guy behind the counter at the logging supply store what I wanted. Prolly shoulda used some google-fu beforehand.

Related - found out last week that I get employee pricing at Stihl. Shipping a 660 from SC, which is where I’d have to take delivery, to OR will probably nullify the savings…
lolz. what did you need one of those for?! this is the first thing that came to my mind after I googled it:

Haha. Overrated.

I recently had to buy a peavey, which appears to be what everyone else is calling a cant hook. I felt like a complete goofball trying to explain to the guy behind the counter at the logging supply store what I wanted. Prolly shoulda used some google-fu beforehand.

Related - found out last week that I get employee pricing at Stihl. Shipping a 660 from SC, which is where I’d have to take delivery, to OR will probably nullify the savings…
Peavey vs cant hook:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
'mornin monkeys. nice sunny day here, but not too hot. I'll take it!

so looking for thoughts from the peanut gallery on a dilemma I'm facing.

Some of you may remember one of my best friends son died a few months back. Last week we went for a ride, and over dinner after the ride, he mentioned he was going to sell his son's bike (a '19 Devinci Spartan). It so happens my son needs a new bike. I mulled it over and asked my buddy if my son could try the bike to see if he'll enjoy biking more with a bike that fits and has f&r suspension.

He said yes, and I have the bike now to try out. But I'm still uneasy about it. I asked if it would be weird or awkward if I have the bike, and he responded he'd thought about it, but felt he probably wouldn't see the bike, so it's ok. But still, any time I go for a ride with my boy, he might catch wind of it and be reminded of what he's lost.

So my dilemma is whether I'm putting the decision on my buddy, making it his call. I feel he doesn't need that hassle at the moment. On the other hand, he said he'd thought about it and is ok with it.

There's a few other options for bikes in the area, so maybe the best option is to let him sell it to a stranger and let it leave his life?

thoughts?
I'm not your buddy but I would want the bike to get ridden by someone even if it meant I saw it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
'mornin monkeys. nice sunny day here, but not too hot. I'll take it!

so looking for thoughts from the peanut gallery on a dilemma I'm facing.

Some of you may remember one of my best friends son died a few months back. Last week we went for a ride, and over dinner after the ride, he mentioned he was going to sell his son's bike (a '19 Devinci Spartan). It so happens my son needs a new bike. I mulled it over and asked my buddy if my son could try the bike to see if he'll enjoy biking more with a bike that fits and has f&r suspension.

He said yes, and I have the bike now to try out. But I'm still uneasy about it. I asked if it would be weird or awkward if I have the bike, and he responded he'd thought about it, but felt he probably wouldn't see the bike, so it's ok. But still, any time I go for a ride with my boy, he might catch wind of it and be reminded of what he's lost.

So my dilemma is whether I'm putting the decision on my buddy, making it his call. I feel he doesn't need that hassle at the moment. On the other hand, he said he'd thought about it and is ok with it.

There's a few other options for bikes in the area, so maybe the best option is to let him sell it to a stranger and let it leave his life?

thoughts?
I'm sure he's going to have a lot of reminders of his lost son. I know you already did, but I'd ask him directly and then go for it, and if he has a problem with it in the future you can always offer to sell it then, provided we aren't talking 1000 years and several upgrades down the line. If he thinks it's going to be weird, then move on and grab something else.

I bought some of those candy candy grapes because they were on sale and I heard how good they taste. What the fuck, these things are AWFUL. I could barely choke down one of them. What the hell???
children

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello fronds
back to work after 10 days in outer space. We visited hershey, farted on Jonkranked's doorstep, traveled to NC, visited Wilmington which was nice and our only true time together as a couple, then visited charlotte where we farted in jstuhlman's general direction, enjoyed a remarkably mediocre wedding, then drove back over the course of two days. All in all, a lot of driving. I am happy to be back and back to "normal". No training this morning as my stomach felt wretched, which is probably due to eating two vegetables over the course of the last 10 days.

Now to get back to trying to build up a weird chinese TT bike, selling off a perfectly good old tri bike, and coaching soccer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh yes, we are planning on doing disney and as a non-planner, I kind of want to die. I just want to visit a fucking theme park, but I worry that if I don't nickel and dime fucking everything, we will never eat nor sleep nor do anything and we'll all have a terrible time. This sucks pretty hard

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh yes, we are planning on doing disney and as a non-planner, I kind of want to die. I just want to visit a fucking theme park, but I worry that if I don't nickel and dime fucking everything, we will never eat nor sleep nor do anything and we'll all have a terrible time. This sucks pretty hard
there is no nickel and diming at disney. you just open your wallet and keep dumping all the money out

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
My wife and kids have been watching amateur Disneyland footage on youtube for the past week or so, and now they're asking me when we're going to go again.

"When we have a spare $4,000, kids".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The two times we've gone as a family, we did 2 days. We're a 6 hour drive from Disneyland, so it's not like we need to make a long stay to justify the distance travelled. And with an infant now, I don't think I could handle more than 2 days.
that's fair. i've reached that age where if i'm getting on a plane for anything that's not work i'm going for at least a week.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm at the age where I think a two week minimum is reasonable. :homer:
that reminds me that I need to figure out how long I'll be in Japan for in October, assuming my abstract/presentation gets accepted

hmmmmmm. I will get a JR Pass and ride the rails

:)

that reminds me that I need to figure out how long I'll be in Japan for in October, assuming my abstract/presentation gets accepted

hmmmmmm. I will get a JR Pass and ride the rails

:)

So raility might set in?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:dead:

me: whatever you do, don't install the manufacturer's print driver package on the server.
them: ok, 10-4, gotcha
me: *logs into the server a week later for unrelated task and sees new software has been installed* :butcher:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
LOL. Coworker just got himself fired going nuclear on an entire team for not doing their due diligence and really ripping them all apart. People left the meeting in tears.

Turns out he was the one who didn't do his due diligence and melted down based on an incorrect information resulting from his own mistake. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LOL. Coworker just got himself fired going nuclear on an entire team for not doing their due diligence and really ripping them all apart. People left the meeting in tears.

Turns out he was the one who didn't do his due diligence and melted down based on an incorrect information resulting from his own mistake. :rofl:

Whoops.

I once went off on a supplier and made their engineering manager cry. I had done my due diligence though.