Quantcast

~~Tuesday --> Wednesday Ride Thread~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, any of you :monkey: do any riding last night?

Sq-Earl and I ventured out to our 6pm SMBA group ride. We had a group of 12 riders and lots of fun was had. We did take some pics, just didn't get a chance to download the camera yet. There was one big crash, some jumps, lots of sliding on rocks and roots and good times!!! :thumb:

Tonight is out "race" series. Not sure if we're heading out to that or just doing some riding at home. Sq-Earl's been commuting on his bike to work (just home yesterday, and today he's riding both ways) so we'll see how his legs feel.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
Details... :devil:
KW - he was flying across the stream crossing right before the inner loop/carriage trail (as you come out from dam & bee) and managed to bounce over a large rock, fly through the air and land against a rock & tree almost too the carriage loop. Could be an award winning crash for sure. :p

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No ride last night, needed rest. Tonight are the Wednesday night crits. Not sure how I'll feel but I have to show, defending my title from the last round.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No riding last night. Riding the big bike with the DH Team tonight. Hopefully I can get it dialed before my first race this weekend.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
tonight = Dalton's Wednesday race/training series race!

WOOT!

I'm stuck using my old Kona (now that I am use to the hollowpoint w/the dw link)
the Bob-ing on the Kona is so noticeable/bad - How to hell did I race that thing so many times???

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
Did a Trailblazers group road ride Last night about 25 miles at a moderate pace. Tonight is the first race for the park ave series, Going to race expert for the first time we'll see how I do.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
douglas said:
tonight = Dalton's Wednesday race/training series race!

WOOT!

I'm stuck using my old Kona (now that I am use to the hollowpoint w/the dw link)
the Bob-ing on the Kona is so noticeable/bad - How to hell did I race that thing so many times???
:confused: Why aren't you using the hollowpoint?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
greasey monkey said:
Did a Trailblazers group road ride Last night about 25 miles at a moderate pace. Tonight is the first race for the park ave series, Going to race expert for the first time we'll see how I do.
Good luck :thumb: I'm sure you're oging to do well!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
greasey monkey said:

expert............gulp :eek: you're going to destroy the rest of us at Dalton

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours on dirt this evening. Registration for SSWC opens at 5PM, so I have to get that done before going anywhere. Anyone used bikereg.com for registration before? It's not like ticketmaster is it? You know, where you hit submit and then sit there for a half an hour waiting to see if you got your ticket. :dead:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Did about 2 3/4 hours at Douglas SF last night. Heard a couple distant rumbles and saw a few dark clouds, but the storms stayed away. Found some new trails, a new "play" area, and had a great ride. Only saw one other person - a hiker, which is suprising. I though it was pretty nice out. :confused: