Quantcast

Tuesday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, wtf dude?

Work today.

Supposedly I saved one of our largest accounts ~$20B from going to RFP yesterday. Massive fuck up from a field rep, then the correction got fucked up, then that got fucked up too. Guy is a decision maker and wanted to understand how people would/should experience my group and product line. Ended up on a phone call with our head of training for that state, our account manager for the client, and the guy. Three hours later he's signing up for the service, has my direct line (which I never give out), and plans to talk every quarter going forward.
You know what I get for it? An email saying thank you. And to add insult to injury, our annual reviews were due last Friday, so I couldn't even add it to my assessment. God, I hate my fucking job.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Get well soon, @DirtyMike!

Fucking hell on the roads this morning because heavy rain and humid. People driving 15 under limit in HOV lanes - kill list. A hard day ahead, only to be followed by mooar hard days. Is it Friday, yet?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Details mang....

Two to three inches of white stuff on the ground. Hmmmmmm.

On the plus side, bossman approved taking this Friday, next Friday and the Monday after off. I think that'll make it five weeks in a row of four day work weeks.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What is wrong, DirtyMike, hope you feel better quickly.

'Morning. My question is, why do raspberries have like a two hour shelf life? It's a pleasant surprise when I eat an entire pint that doesn't have any moldy ones.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful day out there if you're a duck. The rivers are high, the yards are soggy, and our hairdo's are a mess.

Just found out that a side job that was going to kick in some extra Christmas money, got canceled because the material is on backorder, and then another job that was also going to sweeten the commission jar, also got pushed back 3-4 weeks from backordered material.

Pretty much that means I'm in need of comfort tacos. Just a big, warm corn tortilla hug with crumbling cheese on top to make me feel better.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Givena few different andwers, possible heart attack, possible vasculitis in the abdominal aortic branch, possible auto immune
PM me with imaging and I'll take a look.

Currently, as it's Tuesday, I'm looking at pancreatic cancer. Everyone has this shit, at least on Tuesdays when they all come here from far and wide to be assessed.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just bit into a worm clinging to my salad green lol

ate at denver biscuit company, I approve. was damn tasty & made the trip to the city bearable.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
ate at denver biscuit company, I approve. was damn tasty & made the trip to the city bearable.
Go to the one in the Stanley next time if you want easier parking, fewer hipsters, and more families wandering about. You will have to remember to bring your shirt and shoes, though

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Derp, I totally forgot about this Mexican place that opened in town a while ago. https://www.facebook.com/HayCarambaBradford/menu/

Why's it gotta be so expensive :(
This reminds me... I'm gonna head down to the carniceria to grab some al pastor meat for Taco Tuesday. Probably should pick up some corn tortillas and tortilla chips while I'm there. And maybe some other delicious stuff. :drool:

Oh - and to add insult to injury - the awesome taqueria that opened near my house recently has delicious tacos for $1.50/ea.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This reminds me... I'm gonna head down to the carniceria to grab some al pastor meat for Taco Tuesday. Probably should pick up some corn tortillas and tortilla chips while I'm there. And maybe some other delicious stuff. :drool:

Oh - and to add insult to injury - the awesome taqueria that opened near my house recently has delicious tacos for $1.50/ea.
Where is it again? I might dog-leg to it on the way home.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Good news after more people looking at imaging, no anuerism, no damage to blood vessels..... Best thing we have as of now is spasms in the common bile duct.......

Gotta follow up later, as long as food stays down I'm going g home

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Around here that would be considered dirt cheap
Bro.... That's approximately average taqueria prices in the bay. We have so much good Mexican food around here.

You're in Livermore. They have some good spots. Have you been to the little burrito place down town on First St? I'm forgetting the name but it's a hole in the wall with a green awning and outdoor seating, pretty close to Ale House. They have all sorts of good shit on the menu including traditional non-white-guy-approved meats like lengua. Don't expect to be pampered by the staff if you don't speak Spanish though lol

Also a new spot just opened out in Springtown called El Chaparrito. I haven't been in the restaurant but my girlfriend's family got takeout for a birthday party last week and it's legit. The prices are good too.

Or you could get fancy and go to Blue Agave to shell out the $$$$. That place is incredible though. The Camarones Xochitl is one of the most unique and delicious dishes I've ever tasted.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got told I sound like a college undergraduate. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bro.... That's approximately average taqueria prices in the bay. We have so much good Mexican food around here.

You're in Livermore. They have some good spots. Have you been to the little burrito place down town on First St? I'm forgetting the name but it's a hole in the wall with a green awning and outdoor seating, pretty close to Ale House. They have all sorts of good shit on the menu including traditional non-white-guy-approved meats like lengua. Don't expect to be pampered by the staff if you don't speak Spanish though lol

Also a new spot just opened out in Springtown called El Chaparrito. I haven't been in the restaurant but my girlfriend's family got takeout for a birthday party last week and it's legit. The prices are good too.

Or you could get fancy and go to Blue Agave to shell out the $$$$. That place is incredible though. The Camarones Xochitl is one of the most unique and delicious dishes I've ever tasted.
I just want a hole in the wall. Paper plate type of place that might give montezuma's revenge, but taste oh so good going down. You know, like a food truck (which don't really exist around here.......and if they do, they're just as expensive).

I guess one thing to consider with the prices, is that the menu doesn't include tax. So add on another 13%...

Its been a while since anyone has posted something here... https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/the-taco-truck-thread.271920/

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Last edited: