Quantcast

@!Tuesday @!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning.

Been a minute since I checked in on the gmt....

Training for work has kept me busy, finally slowing a bit and gonna have some time to myself.

Now to catch up on home stuff starting with a new range in the kitchen.....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Last night when I grilled some asparagus, I accidentally grilled with it the rubber band that the bunch came bundled with. Apparently when I unbundled the asparagus and put them on tin foil, I left the elastic with them. Let me tell you, the rubber band makes the batch inedible. :dead: $4.99/lb down the shitter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last night when I grilled some asparagus, I accidentally grilled with it the rubber band that the bunch came bundled with. Apparently when I unbundled the asparagus and put them on tin foil, I left the elastic with them. Let me tell you, the rubber band makes the batch inedible. :dead: $4.99/lb down the shitter.
well look at it this way, you saved yourself the trouble of having to eat it before it went in the shitter

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Aaron broke the tool for his Park BB chase tool inside his frame. I had done this work on his frame in the past. After watching a video on Youtube he decided he would just do it himself. He chased the tool too far into his Bottom Bracket and started making new threads. He soon started making new threads on the other side of his BB. Just so everyone here knows, the threads on your BB are not contiguous. If you chase and face your BB use some form of lube. All the instructions come with the Park Supplied manual. It took me 3 hours to get the tool out of his BB. Both the tool and BB are destroyed. He bought the wrong sized BB to replace his perfectly good old one. Vintage Chris Chance Yo Eddy is now junk.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My friend Aaron broke the tool for his Park BB chase tool inside his frame. I had done this work on his frame in the past. After watching a video on Youtube he decided he would just do it himself. He chased the tool too far into his Bottom Bracket and started making new threads. He soon started making new threads on the other side of his BB. Just so everyone here knows, the threads on your BB are not contiguous. If you chase and face your BB use some form of lube. All the instructions come with the Park Supplied manual. It took me 3 hours to get the tool out of his BB. Both the tool and BB are destroyed. He bought the wrong sized BB to replace his perfectly good old one. Vintage Chris Chance Yo Eddy is now junk.
MaVic BB from 1990 could fix that, but it would be square taper for lyf.
next stop: machine shop

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:eek:

I remember those bikes. Beautiful steel frames from back in the day.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Wait, what's going on? I don't think I'm part of that story. Unless all this road riding has made me forget that I used to ride mountain bikes. But I don't think that's it.
I'm pretty sure it was you who was laying on the side of the trail with a rather bad laceration from crashing. Bightr complained that there was some dude laying in the trail and wouldn't get out of his way. And IIRC you were complaining about how some asshole was yelling at you and rode off without helping.

And yes, excessive road riding is bad for ones mental health.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Another year of officially Exceeding Expectations.

Except for Watz's expectations of where I should ski. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@slyfink do you use a Presto card at all? I tapped my card right after someone else today and it seems that the balance on my card has increased from $20 to $200. Glitch in the matrix or ??

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
fuck santa cruz for not standing behind and replacing their frame for anything less than half off retail...soon as my crash replacement comes in it's getting put on local market and megatrail is on order. this isn't JRA but it's not 6' hux to flat either.
1582677622432.jpeg

1582677667931.jpeg

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Ugh! After a long day of repeatedly checking tracking for my RideEgg frame the "Scheduled Delivery Date" has changed from "2/25/2020 by end of Day" to "Pending"...

New Bike Day appears to be postponed :(