Quantcast

@!Tuesday @!

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Jesus. My roommate is a worthless. Yea my dog got to her cat once. Puncture wounds in one leg. He is fine. My puppy is 10 months well socialized. Of course hes down for a chase. She will let her dog sit there and bark in her face over and over but wont do shit because she has to play her video games. He constantly shits on the basement which is my living room because she cant let him out. Our puppies are the same age but im the bad one because he went after her cat. I have the sweeyest boy and if she tried to properly introduce them he would be fine. End of my bitching. Sorry yall.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jesus. My roommate is a worthless. Yea my dog got to her cat once. Puncture wounds in one leg. He is fine. My puppy is 10 months well socialized. Of course hes down for a chase. She will let her dog sit there and bark in her face over and over but wont do shit because she has to play her video games. He constantly shits on the basement which is my living room because she cant let him out. Our puppies are the same age but im the bad one because he went after her cat. I have the sweeyest boy and if she tried to properly introduce them he would be fine. End of my bitching. Sorry yall.
Piihb?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That blows.
So, what DID happen anyway?
Wilson Creek is what happened to his bike. Our boi does like the gnur.
i'm not easy on bikes...but this was the result of a maybe 2' down 6' out ledgy stepdown to flat on a local trail that i landed at a weird angle that applied torque in. strange way.

update: love for my local bike shop guy who worked with sc to get me a new/blem frame for $1k as opposed to the $1.5k crash replacement offer

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm not easy on bikes...but this was the result of a maybe 2' down 6' out ledgy stepdown to flat on a local trail that i landed at a weird angle that applied torque in. strange way.

update: love for my local bike shop guy who worked with sc to get me a new/blem frame for $1k as opposed to the $1.5k crash replacement offer
Rid egg it naow

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My friend Aaron broke the tool for his Park BB chase tool inside his frame. I had done this work on his frame in the past. After watching a video on Youtube he decided he would just do it himself. He chased the tool too far into his Bottom Bracket and started making new threads. He soon started making new threads on the other side of his BB. Just so everyone here knows, the threads on your BB are not contiguous. If you chase and face your BB use some form of lube. All the instructions come with the Park Supplied manual. It took me 3 hours to get the tool out of his BB. Both the tool and BB are destroyed. He bought the wrong sized BB to replace his perfectly good old one. Vintage Chris Chance Yo Eddy is now junk.
Had somebody do that a while ago. Ended up getting it re-threaded English and putting in an English thread square taper BB. Good luck.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
That's kind of what happened to my I9 rear wheel at a local Flow Easy™ trail. Never did get the dented rim replaced. Just stuck a tube in it and been running it that way since '16. I wonder if they even have any 26" Torch rims left.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You tried contacting any carbon frame repair places, like say, Calfee? Might be cheaper, and so long as you don't mind the patch, should hold up to plenty more abuse.
Seem he's getting a good deal on a new one. I would still patch up the old one for backup or a nice bong shed ornament.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
I'm pretty sure it was you who was laying on the side of the trail with a rather bad laceration from crashing. Bightr complained that there was some dude laying in the trail and wouldn't get out of his way. And IIRC you were complaining about how some asshole was yelling at you and rode off without helping.

And yes, excessive road riding is bad for ones mental health.
Yeah, still wasn't me. The only crash I've ever had with a bad laceration was at Mountain Creek (back when it was Diablo), and I got myself off the trail before any other riders came by. The rest of my bad crashes have been broken bones, but no real blood involved, and all at my local spot.

I'm really intrigued by the story though, can somebody find the original thread?

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
So I had to go digging for this:

kazlx said:
Jan 10, 2013
Yea pretty sure the leaving for dead was BIGHITR and mattmatt. I asked about the same thing and someone posted a link. Matt had a pretty serious accident and ended up getting carted to the ER and there were posts from BIGHITR coming across a guy that was f'ed up in the middle of nowhere and he just rode ride past him. What a winner haha.
mattmatt86 said:
Apr 19, 2012
Last november I was on an XC ride and I snapped the CF steerer tube on my fork while railing a turn, I went over the bars and the remaining part of the steerer tube cut my leg/thigh pretty deep. It took me 2 and a half hours to limp out of the woods then two good simaritans took me to the hospital. The doctor said the cut was less than a half inch from my femoral artery and the bib shorts I was wearing kept me from bleeding out. Just had my first bike ride since the accident a week ago.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So I had to go digging for this:
Literally just did the same thing, found same posts. I can't find the actual post where @mattmatt86 talks about it, and Bightr is permabanned, but IIRC it was actually Bightr who brought it all up talking about some dipshit bleeding in the woods with a broken bike that he just rode past, and Mattmatt86 was all :wave: and "I almost died asshole".

Bightr had a super bad hardon for bashing crabon parts, maybe that's how it came up?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.