Quantcast

(Tuesday)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up at 4:45, after being up every 15min since 2:30. I think these muscle relaxants are fucking with my sleep.

Busy day today, so starting early. Got an email just before I logged off yesterday with things than need to be dealt with regarding the new account I'm taking over, and it's not short. Prior rep looks to have checked out when she knew that she was leaving and left everything for the next person to deal with. Giddy.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey little buddies!! My pool has reopened after being closed for two weeks for locker room refurbs, but apparently they are waiting for a part in order to turn on the hot water. I tried to shower before my swim, but fuck that. I can do lukewarm water, but this shit was ice cold. NOPE. I got 2700 yards done. It's amazing how quickly my limited swim fitness disappears when I take time off.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ride last night was a success, everyone's bones stayed inside their skin and much fun and giggles was had. Surprise appearance from @6thElement out for an easy evening cruise on his road bike—he met us at the bottom, the middle road crossing, and the top. It was awesome to see him not on the cart. We even goaded @mtg into carrying a pile of beers to the top of the climb because his regular bike was disassembled and he conveniently "had to" ride his wife's e-bike.

Pedaling in to the office today, still waiting to hear about timing on Sprinter service. Oh and kids... for the record... that shit ain't cheap. Especially when they find a massive exhaust manifold leak.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ride last night was a success, everyone's bones stayed inside their skin and much fun and giggles was had. Surprise appearance from @6thElement out for an easy evening cruise on his road bike—he met us at the bottom, the middle road crossing, and the top. It was awesome to see him not on the cart. We even goaded @mtg into carrying a pile of beers to the top of the climb because his regular bike was disassembled and he conveniently "had to" ride his wife's e-bike.

Pedaling in to the office today, still waiting to hear about timing on Sprinter service. Oh and kids... for the record... that shit ain't cheap. Especially when they find a massive exhaust manifold leak.
Indeed, good to see some people for the first time in many weeks after living the hermit life. Cool to be able to gently cruise up the road which is ~3 miles longer to the top in the same time as the group coming up the singletrack.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got woken up at 4am by a disoriented driver. It took me a few minutes to shake the cobwebs out of my mind and figure out where he was in relation to a client pickup. Got him back on track and promptly fell back asleep, I love being able to just go lights out when I want to.

Easy day in store, and I took the camper off the truck last night (new tires going on the fronts tomorrow) so I think I get to slack off in the hammock this afternoon WIN

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

In other news, running is a terrible sport for terrible people. 3.8 miles done yesterday evening and I would prefer 0. If i am to tri, then I need to do SOME running. It makes me appreciate biking more though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
hello!

In other news, running is a terrible sport for terrible people. 3.8 miles done yesterday evening and I would prefer 0. If i am to tri, then I need to do SOME running. It makes me appreciate biking more though.
Bikes were invented to avoid running.

Although I know I need to mix up my exercise with some load bearing stuff, so I don't collapse with osteo in my dotage.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
My old mtb clip in shoes are wearing out. They must be around 10 years old. Specialized Sworks Evo something. I use them for everything beside mtb. I think I will try to get something like that again and there are some deals online at the moment but always open for suggestions.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Finally done with this two plus month long saga. There is much relief and great rejoicing to follow.

The 1UP Equip-D Single rack is one seriously gorgeous piece of work by some dedicated machinists. Took it off the car just to drool on it indoors for a bit.

0137C3FF-E1DA-453A-B155-9CE08E8E3EE7.jpeg

51D0591D-7930-4009-85CB-E9F912061CD1.jpeg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nothing cheap about a sprinter.....

me thinks a amberlamps would be cheaper...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Spent the day inside glacier yesterday, it was the first time I had ever been there when I wasn’t working a fire. Hit a bit different this time around

59584300-E8CA-4634-8C22-341AAA985BED.jpeg

Also been floating quite a bit of the flathead river

F724F339-8962-4B73-B01D-F7A2B4AAFBEC.jpeg

Went to the local fair/rodeo, realized the kids are wearing the same clothes, sunglasses, mullets, and listening to the same music I did 30-40 years ago, probably the exact same carnie rides as well.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Starting a new temporary PT job today. Should be fun, it lasts through apple harvest.

Back to eating and pooping. Looking forward to riding bikes soon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Surprise trip to Rapid City. Stomped electrical gremlin, into hotel just after 2am. Driving home today after espresso.

Also, third interview for other possibru job. Dude is flying out for a face to face. Cue stomach churn, and I'm possibly breaking out in hives. WTF am I doing to myself?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Finally done with this two plus month long saga. There is much relief and great rejoicing to follow.

The 1UP Equip-D Single rack is one seriously gorgeous piece of work by some dedicated machinists. Took it off the car just to drool on it indoors for a bit.

View attachment 180942

View attachment 180943
The fancy version :fancy:

I would definitely move the tire spindle things down one hole though. If one of your tires looses pressure while driving, you might risk losing the bike off the rack..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So yesterday's review went about as expected. He has no idea who I am or what I do, but liked what I said I did. :rofl:

I have the 1:1 with the new manager who I briefly met yesterday because they didn't get him a badge on his first day. The director and I let him in the building during my review, pretty funny. We still lack a project manager and that's an issue. But it sounds like they are still looking, so that's good.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Still under warranty? You go to the dealer of independent?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to get to try out my new and fancy 1up rack tomorrow. Trestle day!

but today I work. At Highlands Ranch, no less, so I-225 traffic. On Thursday I'm here again but with less time pressure so will make it an adventure: bike - train - bike - train - bike each direction.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Much caffeine has been consumed. Very light misty rain for a few minutes at practice this morning, but the storms waited until we were finished. Field hockey goalies are doing well with their training and no one has puked at preseason yet! Grocery shopping didn't kill me either and I'm older now so that's a win too!