Quantcast

***Tuesday's GMT***

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
From tomorrow on certain regions of Denmark (Copenhagen area and two other big cities) will go into lockdown. Restaurant, fitness studios and schools/universities are closed. Of course, some people from these areas have nothing better to do than to book tables in restaurants outside of their home areas or buy gym memberships where they are still open. :banghead:
Let us wait a week and all of Denmark will be under lockdown.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Spent most of the day schlepping a vehicle to the shop for repairs and test driving other vehicles in anticipation of purchasing yet another car. :think:

Fish-n-chips from On The Hook for lunch, as well. Guess I should probably try to get some work done... ah, who am I kidding? Fuck it, gonna start drinkin'... :homer:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Company sent an email announcing free lunch for the next month and a cash bonus next paycheck for all the essential/on site work this year through all the shit going on.

I'll take it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Maybably gonna duck out of work early afternoon for a short pedal outdoors. Still not feeling any crappiness other than an infrequent cough, so I'm rolling with it.
Managed to stuff my front wheel in a hole while trying to dismiss a low battery notification on the screen of my dork logger, and subsequently stuffed my chest into the bars and broke the brand new light mount I just got. But later on in the ride, I passed a guy on a 36er unicycle... so I guess that evens out?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Spent most of the day schlepping a vehicle to the shop for repairs and test driving other vehicles in anticipation of purchasing yet another car. :think:
Do spill. Extra vehicle for kiddo? Or is the Outback, Odyssey, or F-150 going away?!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
not a good night for local riders. 14 year old cased a jump at the jump park and got knocked out. Code 3 to Childrens Hospital Oakland's Pediatric Trauma Center from Pleasanton and here in Livermore a Semi Pulled out in front of a rider ( semi had a stop sign) Rider had right of way. Major head injury plus broken long bones. I'm usually doing 25-30 on my roadie through there. She is on her way to Eden Trauma

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dislike.

as much as i love the sweet new pumptrack we just put in by the local trail, ems is probably out there at least once a month, if not every 2 weeks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kittens were just adopted out to their new dads. Haley is upstairs wailing. Wifey is threatening to adopt the 8-9y/o cat there now that hasn't been adopted in a few weeks. I keep telling her that any cats we get permanently will likely work their way into the backyard and just get eaten by coyotes. She doesn't like that response.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Kittens were just adopted out to their new dads. Haley is upstairs wailing. Wifey is threatening to adopt the 8-9y/o cat there now that hasn't been adopted in a few weeks. I keep telling her that any cats we get permanently will likely work their way into the backyard and just get eaten by coyotes. She doesn't like that response.
Guess who's gettin' a kitteh?!?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
BBQing at the homeless camp in 60mph winds with like -17% relative humidity appears to have been a poor choice. Saw this right as it was starting as I left the office, and by the time I got on the freeway it appears to have spread 10x, good times.
B918C9FF-0DF0-4797-B9F7-DE646575EBA1.jpeg

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Very likely the Battlevan will be leaving us. "New" vehicle for the college kids while COVID is in effect. Once that shit is under control, it will return and be my wife's car.
Eh, bootstraps...

I guess taking the shuttle bus to Bridger in Covid times is no bueno, but I bailed on passes this year...

Though it saves you a round trip at start and close of each semester -- assuming you still want to see each other ;)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So Skiing in California at resorts this year (if it ever snows) will only be for the few wealthy folk. No Day Passes will be sold. Only those who purchase a limited number of expensive season passes can ski and only then by reservation if space is available.

Skins and Backcountry Skiing with be the only option for many

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So Skiing in California at resorts this year (if it ever snows) will only be for the few wealthy folk. No Day Passes will be sold. Only those who purchase a limited number of expensive season passes can ski and only then by reservation if space is available.

Skins and Backcountry Skiing with be the only option for many
That's kind of how CO is going. Epic pass (Vail resorts) have day passes, but reservations are required and season passes have priority. Ikon resorts have no day passes, but no reservations currently (Cooper is limiting parking).