Quantcast

***Tuesdays GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
New razor shave this morning! Wheeeeee! I use the Mach 3 Turbo, and since I only shave every 7-10 days and those razors cost half a paycheck even at Cosrco, I tend to use one razor for 3-4 months. A brand new one feels nice those first couple of shaves. Coolstorybro. 4 mile run done this morning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley starts Little Bella's this afternoon. Monsoon could make this fun...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
New razor shave this morning! Wheeeeee! I use the Mach 3 Turbo, and since I only shave every 7-10 days and those razors cost half a paycheck even at Cosrco, I tend to use one razor for 3-4 months. A brand new one feels nice those first couple of shaves. Coolstorybro. 4 mile run done this morning.
i just use a pair of clippers without the guard maybe once a week......slight 5 oclock shadow but it beats buying razors....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:wave:

I do believe I had my first two day hangover the last two days. Nice to not feel like shit this morning. God, it's hell getting old.
Suck it up kid. Just wait for the fun of reaching my age then JBPs.

Freaking easy day today 0930 to 1530 with just 7 transports WINNA

Espresso then do a little prep for removing the fringe from its cabinet in the camper (new cooling unit is arriving)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
i just use a pair of clippers without the guard maybe once a week......slight 5 oclock shadow but it beats buying razors....
I use the same blade when I want a close shave, the rest of the time I use a Norelco electric. Replacement blade heads run $10 an you swap them once a year. Been doing that for 15 years with the same shaver, it does a great job on my head hair stubble too

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
bah. kid 1 missed 2.5 days of camp last week because of a cold (not Covid, he was tested). Kid 2 now has the cold and is not at camp today. I think he likes this camp (sailing), and it's with his best friend, so he's bummed. At least he is quieter and moar independant than his little brother. Hopefully the (negative) test result comes in at some point today, and he feels well enough to go tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wife got 75% of the middle child’s snuggles this morning. Usually I get 99% of them. Hmph

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Start of a looong local holiday thru next Monday.

And I got my Mago Mile in with the hound first thing, then V1.3 of the Canfield finished (dropper installed, controls adjusted/bar slightly widened with judicious use of single-side-clamp-grips, tires swapped). Finished the oil change on the motorcycle and got the carbs venting properly again.

Time for errands and crap.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So is that an American brand using a Solingen made blade? Was googling to see if the factory this came out of still exists, but I'm only getting results from the US.
Otto Deutsch & Sohne was a Solingen-based brand but I assume it disappeared a long time ago.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You people still shave? F that.

Truck seems to have healed itself from yesterday's kerfuffle, turns out when you swap batteries in a Tacoma, it occasionally forgets how to run, and must re-learn everything. Fucking Toyota.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Otto Deutsch & Sohne was a Solingen-based brand but I assume it disappeared a long time ago.
Odd, usually that town is obsessed with covering every last inch of its long faded glory, but all I can find is coming from American straight razor enthusiasts.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
:tinfoil:

Are you saying it's the Budweiser of straight razors?
From my extremely limited research it appears that Otto Deutsch is one of several brands of Bresduck, who had genuine razors manufactured in Solingen, but solely intended for the American market.

If Budweiser was made that way the world would be a better place.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
From my extremely limited research it appears that Otto Deutsch is one of several brands of Bresduck, who had genuine razors manufactured in Solingen, but solely intended for the American market.

If Budweiser was made that way the world would be a better place.
Indeed. Now that you mention it, the Hans feels really similar to Dubl Ducks, including the "tinny" steel and ultra hollow grind that rings. The pinnacle of razor production indeed, up there with a few other favorites of mine from other countries.