Quantcast

Tuesday's Lunch Thread 4/26

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
They had a health fair today at work - one of those events where you could go in for a cholesterol screening, eye/hearing check-ups, etc.. Right next to the health fair they set up a BBQ stand where I got the greasiest BBQ pulled pork sandwich ever :drool: with baked beans and cole slaw on the side. :D :devil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
DamienC said:
They had a health fair today at work - one of those events where you could go in for a cholesterol screening, eye/hearing check-ups, etc.. Right next to the health fair they set up a BBQ stand where I got the greasiest BBQ pulled pork sandwich ever :drool: with baked beans and cole slaw on the side. :D :devil:

doh!

the last xc race i did, i emailed to find out when 'sport' reg ended (Beg race was at 10a, and sport went at like 1:00) and the dude said it ended at 12:45 but come on down early and have some hotdogs, hamburgs and fries before your race......HELLO!? you want me puking all over the place during the race??

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Breakfast: Kashi cereal with vanilla soy milk and water

mid morning snack: banana and water

Lunch:4 inch veggie sub (no mayo or cheese) and lemonade Iced Tea (I normally don't drink this stuff, but it sounded really good)

Midday snack: dried apricots

Dinner: Strawberry/walnut/blue cheese crumbles on Romaine with a light Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette

After Dinner : HASH!!!!! BEER!!! (ok, I'll run, but I don't really drink as I have a very low tolerance) And for those of you that don't know what Hashing is... look up the Hash House Harriers.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MudGrrl said:
Breakfast: Kashi cereal with vanilla soy milk and water

mid morning snack: banana and water

Lunch:4 inch veggie sub (no mayo or cheese) and lemonade Iced Tea (I normally don't drink this stuff, but it sounded really good)

Midday snack: dried apricots

Dinner: Strawberry/walnut/blue cheese crumbles on Romaine with a light Raspberry Walnut vinaigrette

After Dinner : HASH!!!!! BEER!!! (ok, I'll run, but I don't really drink as I have a very low tolerance) And for those of you that don't know what Hashing is... look up the Hash House Harriers.
How do you survive on a day to day basis on foo-foo food like this? :think: :p

-S.S.-

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Mudgrrl - we eat similar stuff! I like to have my banana IN my cereal though, and i eat carrots for my mid morning snack. I usually have a more substantial dinner than you, and I'm sure I drink more beer. :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I was a little hungover today so I went for the greasy Chinese takeout: General Tso's chicken kind of thing, steamed broccoli, and a double order of pork chow mein.

I am no longer hungover and have commenced surfing the MSG wave....

:dancing:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
SkaredShtles said:
How do you survive on a day to day basis on foo-foo food like this? :think: :p

-S.S.-

You don't. Eating "food" like that will have Internet geeks like myself who survive on Ravioli's and weed making fun of them. My goal is to be as portly as the "Numa-Numa" video guy. :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MtnBikerChk said:
what's wrong with that?
i find that fish doesn't taste so good the 2nd time around. and the question of re-heating is a tricky one too; microwaving generally kills any type meat, at least for me.