Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I guess I am real estate naive, but how does this shit show on your side increase the price for the buyer? The seller pays commission, don't they? Or were you planning on penalizing the buyer for your MIL's transgression? I don't think I am understanding and I am certain that I am not helping...

Now more coffee and then off to PT. Crashed on my bad shoulder yesterday. Trails are hero dirt except for the wood features...they are apparently slippery...
We did the deal as a net price. When you calculate the fees upwards, that's how I can get to the gross. Because I can't fee him, we need to renegotiate the gross to adjust the net down.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Negligence. Shooting at squirrels in his bird feeders with my house in line sight.
While i have shot my pellet gun at squirrels on my bird feeders, i always make sure that there is nothing behind the target that would be that kind of an issue. fortunately i can shoot down from my desk and if i miss, it just hits the ground.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
a. Good morning
2. the last two real estate transactions I've closed I've done with only my lawyer
c. tamales are sent from the heavens. I think I'll get some for Tamale Tuesday. (patent pending)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While i have shot my pellet gun at squirrels on my bird feeders, i always make sure that there is nothing behind the target that would be that kind of an issue. fortunately i can shoot down from my desk and if i miss, it just hits the ground.
Yup, sniping the tree rats is usually the safest option. Also it’s a good idea to use a pellet that has good expansion so that it not only hits more of the “off switch”, but slows down or doesn’t exit at all. Some, with pointed tips, will go right through a squirrel. No tree shots in a subdivision.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
That's something I don't understand though. You put bird feeders up and expect all other critters to stay away from them or die? Anyway, he was basically shooting the animals in my yard where my dogs are playing.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
We did the deal as a net price. When you calculate the fees upwards, that's how I can get to the gross. Because I can't fee him, we need to renegotiate the gross to adjust the net down.
Gotcha, I think. So you basically said to him, "I need to make this amount at the end of the day (net amount) for the deal to make sense for me." And he agreed to a price that would make that happen after all legal fees and other costs were subtracted...more or less...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i forgot about that third stimulus check while doing taxes....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I-70 closed between Limon and... Kansas. NBD.

(this actually happens quite often in storms)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
a. Good morning
2. the last two real estate transactions I've closed I've done with only my lawyer
c. tamales are sent from the heavens. I think I'll get some for Tamale Tuesday. (patent pending)
"Mar-tamales" (martes+tamales)
That's something I don't understand though. You put bird feeders up and expect all other critters to stay away from them or die? Anyway, he was basically shooting the animals in my yard where my dogs are playing.
What a dink. Is he also refusing to pay, which is why you have to go to small claims court?! (is he annoyed that you built your house in "his" backyard or something equally douchey?)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a. Good morning
Trying so hard to do it that way.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it was mostly as a deterrent. goal was never to kill (plus I'm not that great of a shot). had some particularly aggressive squirrels - pulling feeders down to get them open, breaking them open, spilling the entire contents everywhere. i've since reconfigured and relocated the feeders and they are sufficiently squirrel proof. if they want any of the seed that spills on the ground its fair game. haven't need to use the pellet gun for them in probably 2 years.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oooh, Sangria… Haven’t had a good Sangria for ages… Today might be a Sangria day… I wonder if I have the ingredients…

Yesterday was a spa day; massage, hot tubs, saunas etc. Very nice little resort near Taupō town centre. Back at the bach today, feels like a lazy one, 9am and the kids aren’t up, nice… maybe a restaurant for lunch/dinner…