Quantcast

***tuesderp doldrums GMT***

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So the weather fixed my "11 closed pumptracks" problem by making winter come back or rather appear for the first time since we had no winter... in a country where the stereotype is we ride bears to work.

Also I'm lucky to have a safe job but still 3 weeks of WFH and it's hard to be motivated to do more than the basic stuff

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So the weather fixed my "11 closed pumptracks" problem by making winter come back or rather appear for the first time since we had no winter... in a country where the stereotype is we ride bears to work.

Also I'm lucky to have a safe job but still 3 weeks of WFH and it's hard to be motivated to do more than the basic stuff
We too woke up to a white blanket after 2 inches of rain the pst two days. Trails are closed due to covaids but aren't ridabruh anyway. Will have to do the lowest form of exercise and go running on the street. For the rest, it will be minimal amount of work. Hope for Montreal to be walled off soon, they got so many cases of teh nasty.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gotta poop, shower, walk the dogs, then contemplate what I want to do with myself today. Kinda wanna go buy a mouse to make this WFH thing easier to tolerate. Navigating CAD models using my laptop touchpad is brutal.

:wave:

Kind of over this whole business. Can we go back to normal now?
:stupid: . The novelty of being alive, at least temporarily, during a global pandemic has worn off.

We too woke up to a white blanket after 2 inches of rain the pst two days. Trails are closed due to covaids but aren't ridabruh anyway. Will have to do the lowest form of exercise and go running on the street. For the rest, it will be minimal amount of work. Hope for Montreal to be walled off soon, they got so many cases of teh nasty.
We got less than a half inch of rain over two days. Locally, we're telling people to stay off the trails, not that all will listen...

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
My joints really dislike running (some hip thing) so with no bike I'm relegated to doing 100 burpees + some other random stuff most of the time. At least its short but not really something I look forward too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
My joints really dislike running (some hip thing) so with no bike I'm relegated to doing 100 burpees + some other random stuff most of the time. At least its short but not really something I look forward too.
Have to be careful while running, bad meniscus. But short runs are usually painless. Can't get myself to do anything inside as far as exercises. Need to be out.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Have to be careful while running, bad meniscus. But short runs are usually painless. Can't get myself to do anything inside as far as exercises. Need to be out.
100 burpees are good since they take 11-13mins. For running yeah short runs are decent but my technique is shit too. I will probably start doing it anyway, though it needs to get warmer as I don't have anything I could run in comfortably.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya fellers! I ran 3 easy miles on the street this morning. The real running will come after work...got a 45 minute workout to do. I did two very hard workouts on the bike trainer the past two days and my legs are feeling it. Once this shitty weather passes, I'll be going on lunchtime road rides. WIFE won't allow me to MTB yet because she says the trails are too muddy. I'm trying here, guys!

Dog seems to have aggravated her grumpy back/neck. She was up pacing a good part of the night, and finally got some seep once we drugged her with pain meds. Poor puppy.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Apparently I have 2 conference calls today... so yeah I guess I'm still working. AND we just had a big contract cancel on us because of the situation.....fawk....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Or a good mechanical keyboard. I am not a fan of my touchpad or funky laptop keyboard.
I learned my lesson about using the touchpad and built in buttons as a student. Accidentally dragged and dropped an OU in AD to another, with my palm (no undo button I believe). I vowed never again. The amount of people that do it with some of their department folders...ugh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

I can still smell the bleach from the bleach wipes that I used to wipe all my shit down at work a few minutes ago, so I guess that's good

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ruh roh on the work front.........the two buildings I work at might be closing until end of April :(

:fie:

I have a basic Dell but it has nice mechanical keys and was $15 on eBay. The laptop keyboard on my work machine isn't awful, but it does slow you down.
Have you ever used an HP zbook from a few years ago with those soft touch keys? KILL IT WITH FIRE...and I'm not even picky about a keyboard, I think the one on my Dell laptop is good enough.