Quantcast

***Tuesderp GM T***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sweet! njust found out we have a wet slip for the boat next week at the beach. that makes boat usage easier, :banana:
I never took my boat anywhere other than up and down the river. There were a couple lake camp trips we talked about taking, but we only had the boat 2 years. It's on my list of sh!t to buy should I ever have room to keep it, but I couldn't justify keeping it when we were using the quad/moto more than the boat.

The new douchebag neighbor just pulled up with a boat last night, should be interesting.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I never took my boat anywhere other than up and down the river. There were a couple lake camp trips we talked about taking, but we only had the boat 2 years. It's on my list of sh!t to buy should I ever have room to keep it, but I couldn't justify keeping it when we were using the quad/moto more than the boat.

The new douchebag neighbor just pulled up with a boat last night, should be interesting.
I understand entirely. This is the perfect boat me! Owned and maintained by someone else. Chip in a few duckets for gas and away we go. Perfecto.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I understand entirely. This is the perfect boat me! Owned and maintained by someone else. Chip in a few duckets for gas and away we go. Perfecto.
I only had $3200 into my boat total, but was paying $45/month to store it. When I was using it 2/3 weekends a month, I didn't mind, but we only used it like 4 time that last year, so I sold it for $3k and enjoy the pictures.

I am pretty sure the new guy has no idea the HOA doesn't allow you to have your boat at the house for more than 3 days. I think he cut the tree on the side of the house (also not HOA approved) to try and stuff it on the side. :rofl:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I only had $3200 into my boat total, but was paying $45/month to store it. When I was using it 2/3 weekends a month, I didn't mind, but we only used it like 4 time that last year, so I sold it for $3k and enjoy the pictures.

I am pretty sure the new guy has no idea the HOA doesn't allow you to have your boat at the house for more than 3 days. I think he cut the tree on the side of the house (also not HOA approved) to try and stuff it on the side. :rofl:
I request continued updates of this saga

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I request continued updates of this saga
My theory is based on the fact his wife is on the paperwork and not him, so I don't think he is even aware of the HOA even though I know he was given a copy of them when they bought the house. Not all the houses are covered under the HOA and so some houses can have a boat and/or trailer stored at their house.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can you get us pictures of this BroDerp?
Fo Sho, if the boat is still out front, you can even see his truck. :rofl:

He cut down the front tree and the side tree. City ordnance AND CC&R's say a street side tree is required, right now he has no trees at all and his yard is very sad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stopped by the Yeti shop on the way home. They will give me a "store credit" for $250 on a built SB5.5, which brings the price to ~$4400. They also have the Turq frame option for $3400. Yeti is not doing the standard frame-only.

I love the feel of my Pike, more so than any Fox I've ever ridden. Maybe @Nick could work some of his tuning magic, but I really want to stay with the RS internals - because they feel so good. But I'd be looking at the minimum a cockpit swap, new rear tire, a guide, and if possible - a fork swap. Grr... the problems of spending money on a bike.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Stopped by the Yeti shop on the way home. They will give me a "store credit" for $250 on a built SB5.5, which brings the price to ~$4400. They also have the Turq frame option for $3400. Yeti is not doing the standard frame-only.

I love the feel of my Pike, more so than any Fox I've ever ridden. Maybe @Nick could work some of his tuning magic, but I really want to stay with the RS internals - because they feel so good. But I'd be looking at the minimum a cockpit swap, new rear tire, a guide, and if possible - a fork swap. Grr... the problems of spending money on a bike.
I know very little about bikes but I do know that the Pike on my Yeti is my most favorite air fork ever, so similar to the smoothness of a coil.

Have you looked for a deal on line? My SB6 was cut rate because neon green... and also small.