Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to be flying for work this evening, waiting to see if I can make it to the airport through the snow. Then wondering if the flight will go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nothing of worth to report.

bowling league last night. been rolling above average last few games. which isn't saying much since my average is an 84. but i've been consistently above 100, so there's that. went out for wings afterwards. got home late, basically straight to bed. was too lazy to stop for gas on the way home after wings, so had to fill a bit from a jerry can. hands smell like gas now. oops.

kid is still sick. diarrhea thurs-sun, now a head cold. mother in law is up to lend a hand, which is helpful.

still waiting to hear from HR. clock is ticking.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is that a Konabumm sighting???

'Morning. 4 mile jog before work. After last night's swim, my lungs felt tight and I had a hard time sleeping due to labored breathing. Not the first time that's happened after a swim. So, time to call the doc! I think I got the black lung, pop. Google says I need an inhaler.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
having a hard time acknowledging that I'm back at the [cube] farm, and not riding bikes in AZ. On the plus side, the renos are coming along. Hardwood floors and slate have been installed. Kitchen cabinets are being delivered today and installation will begin. Then paint, then finishing touches on electricity and plumbing. It sucks that you can't order kitchen counters before the cabinets are in, but it is what it is I guess.... Now we need to decide: Lapitec, Quartz or Granite. I prefer the look of granite, and it's cheaper. I don't really get why this is an issue...

Oh, and no ride this week, it's parent-teacher night... maybe post parent teacher beer and wings will be in order.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Boooo, no snow here...yet. I'm ready to ski. Guess I'll ride today instead. Tonight I'm meeting some friends for a winter beer tasting. Happy Tuesday!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well well well, looks like a good morning so far, coffe in, poop out, kiddo is following suit after his milk, time to try and sleep some more before shift.

The corporal testing and homework is rather tedious but unlike being in school because I have to, I have a goal and reason to complete the tasks. I am up against two others for the position, think I am going to do well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
///M with snows > FWD with all-seasons. Took me almost an hour to get in this morning. My normal commute is 23min. Had some near stuck moments, but made a point of carrying momentum up any hills. I should have driven to the airport yesterday to steal Wifey's car.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why is only one car covered in crap? Its a conspiracy!

Good morning. I arrived late to work this morning because I received some panic calls from one building before I had a chance to leave. Its always fun trying to deal with shit early in the morning, when you're barely awake.

Its time to go find some coffee and eat this apple.

I think its about time to book a Whistler trip for next fall. Gotta break that cherry at some point.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
///M with snows > FWD with all-seasons. Took me almost an hour to get in this morning. My normal commute is 23min. Had some near stuck moments, but made a point of carrying momentum up any hills. I should have driven to the airport yesterday to steal Wifey's car.
Any car with snows > FWD with all-seasons. For propulsion an AWD with all-seasons will often beat a FWD with snows, but everything else will be worse. And often MUCH worse.

That said - still have never run snows on the Subaru.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Any car with snows > FWD with all-seasons. For propulsion an AWD with all-seasons will often beat a FWD with snows, but everything else will be worse. And often MUCH worse.

That said - still have never run snows on the Subaru.
It was an abysmal drive it. As for snows on the Subie - DO IT! You become a hero.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We got about 5" of slushy, disgusting snow. I set my alarm early, shoveled the courtyard path out as well as to each house's steps (noting the footprints of lazy dog owners who didn't shovel shit for anyone else, let alone their own walkway), cleaned off part of one of the nice neighbor's car, and cleaned off my Land Cruiser.

Land Cruiser + Nokians == possibly the ideal vehicle for this weather. I was driving out of the grooves intentionally and there were a few loose moments. Fun. My usually 7 minute-per-Google Maps commute probably took me 10 this morning--tough life.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon.
I wouldn't mind some snow here either! Taking a group of 80 students out to march in our annual holiday parade this weekend. Yes, I am crazy and am consuming some sugar now so I can keep up!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
What the hell? Didn't you just buy the truck less than a year ago?
27,000 miles on it. And yeah... these tires suck. I guess the silver lining is that they have pretty much sucked since new, so now I have an excuse to get some decent tires... but... fuck these tires.
<snip>
Land Cruiser + Nokians == possibly the ideal vehicle for this weather. I was driving out of the grooves intentionally and there were a few loose moments. Fun. My usually 7 minute-per-Google Maps commute probably took me 10 this morning--tough life.
Heh. I didn't even have to put it in 4wd even with the bald-ish tires until I got to the business park - for the last 1/2 mile to the office. This storm was teh suck.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
E-mail popped up that a package I have been waiting for was delivered. No sign of it outside. A quick tour of the neighborhood showed a package on a neighbors porch. Quick commando mission showed it was indeed addressed to me . Walked out of there with it under my arm like I owned it (I do own it). Hopefully no surveillance equip.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
E-mail popped up that a package I have been waiting for was delivered. No sign of it outside. A quick tour of the neighborhood showed a package on a neighbors porch. Quick commando mission showed it was indeed addressed to me . Walked out of there with it under my arm like I owned it (I do own it). Hopefully no surveillance equip.
i once had a bunch of brewing stuff delivered to another street in my neighborhood. i called UPS. while they were investigating, said neighbor just swung by my house and dropped off the package. didn't get to meet them, but they were awfully kind to do that.