Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Don't need references when you use reason. A cold engine needs to run rich as low temperatures limit the rate at which the fuel atomizes. Carberated engines run rich via a choke mechanism, even then they need a bit of heat to improve fuel vaporization. Generally a hot intake valve will take care of this.

Modern high pressure fuel injection systems automatically ajdust mixture based on coolant and air temperature. But more effectively they provide finely atomized fuel with a lot of surface area that naturally vaporizes faster than the fat globs of fuel provided by a carb.
Wasn't arguing that you were wrong, just noting assertions. I tend to start the engine, then start driving, this based on vague memories of it being a better drill in newer vehicles. When it starts to get down to zero F or so, I wait a little while.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well it looks like I am done riding for a while. The snow we got over night has now been soaked in rain all day, which is now all melting into a lovely mess of crud.

Went and picked up some new hiking boots and a cheap head lamp today; time to start hiking. Sometimes I really hate how my feet are fairly wide. I actually purchased a pair of Mammut boots yesterday, but after getting home and putting them on again, they were clearly too tight on my feet (even though I went up half a size, which also made the heel a tiny bit sloppy). The boots I got today were cheaper and probably from a brand of much less quality, but damn do they fit nice.

I also returned a pair of shoes to a store in the mall. Today confirmed it, I still hate the mall.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Au contraire, it is going to freeze and then (with studded tires) the real fun begins!
I don't think the weather forecast is predicting anything below freezing for the next while. :dead:

But they've been wrong before...

tartar sauce, tartar sauce, tartar sauce...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Was able to do a clean Windows 10 install on the old laptop via USB much better and cleaner than install on top of the old Windows 7. Took way too long though.