Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Holy moly did we get a lot of snow yesterday evening/last night. Should be an interesting commute. TGIF, no OT this weekend. The $$$$ is nice but I'm burned out. Pretty sure this weekend is going to consist of staying inside and drinking.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Been in the 30s-40s here the past week and all the snow is gone in everyone's yards. This El Nino winter is bullsh1t!!!!! I am enjoying the lack of crappy commutes to work. However the ski areas around here are struggling pretty bad. Plus, now the ground is now way to muddy to ride bikes.

#firstworldproblems

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got well over a foot of snow here last night and they haven't plowed out the neighborhood yet. That + 17 mile commute means I'm working from home today. No sense in risking heading in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coffee tasted funny again. Checked the bag. In small letters the word decaf appeared.

Why does this exist?
Who is responsible?
This should be illegal!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello iirc. Swim done before work. Thanks to 50 degree temps, I'm looking to take the douchemobile (tri bike) out for a ride after work, if I can get out of here before 3:00.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Got well over a foot of snow here last night and they haven't plowed out the neighborhood yet. That + 17 mile commute means I'm working from home today. No sense in risking heading in.
buy landcruiser.....have fun.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I'll take the lame winter and, according to Phil, the early spring.

Coffee, coffee, and moar coffee. And then, nature will take its course.

Active shooter preparedness training in a little bit. Should be interesting.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ring-o-fire...

Coffee in hand.

I've only received one important email/phone call so far this week. I like that the pace at work is a little slower, but damn the silence is kind of unnerving. The calm before the storm..

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Over a foot of snow at home. Made for a fun commute. Had a gomer decide to apex the corner into my lane while turning (double turn lane) not realizing I was there. Thankfully the snows did their job and got me out of there quickly. Car behind me wasn't so lucky.
Otherwise, work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Looking forward to my workday, this should be a fun week. I wounder if we will change direction and focus another 10x before the day is done. Yay.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
About 8" at my house. (The "that's what she said" invitation is intentional. :D) Too much for my ManPlow so I had to use a regular shovel for my steps and the sidewalk out front. I had a little helper, too:

She decided that it would be more fun to make a dog house of snow instead of shoveling, per se. It was going to be big enough for 8 dogs, but then she got cold, I finished, and we went in for breakfast.

The drive in was totally fine with my Land Cruiser + Nokians, but other drivers' idiocy is unbounded. Do people just forget where the lane markings exist on familiar roads when it snows? Sure, they're under snow but you have a memory for a reason. Idiots straddling the lanes going 25 mph made me go all ///Stoney on them and bust out the slalom skills.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'll take the lame winter and, according to Phil, the early spring.

Coffee, coffee, and moar coffee. And then, nature will take its course.

Active shooter preparedness training in a little bit. Should be interesting.
Yes, I see some great early spring riding in my future!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Working from home = 80% waiting for the VPN to respond, 10% eating snacks, 10% work
Academic day at work = having spreadsheet of study data open in background with Mail.app and Ridemonkey in foreground, while on hold with Denver 311.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Welcome to winter in Colorado, where the traffic laws are made up and the lanes don't matter.

Some streets it makes sense for lanes to get 'absorbed'. On smaller 4-lane streets, plows only hit the center 2 lanes, effectively eliminating those lanes. Also disappearing a lane allows for more buffer space between cars. In bad conditions, sliding/tracking is not uncommon.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The snowman built on Sunday is more like an upside down cone with an arm poking out the side at this point. I don't think I've ever had a snowman drown before.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The snowman built on Sunday is more like an upside down cone with an arm poking out the side at this point. I don't think I've ever had a snowman drown before.
Wife just called me and said the kid was bitching because I shoveled "too much snow" into the snow forts her and the neighbor kids built yesterday. Ungrateful brats. :disgust1:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Coffee tasted funny again. Checked the bag. In small letters the word decaf appeared.

Why does this exist?
Who is responsible?
This should be illegal!
There is a time, and a place for decaff coffee...

Never, and in the trash

Still waiting for brown to show up, package left nd yesterday afternoon, ten hours away and not shown as here yet..... Effing bastards