Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! Today is going to be a good day, yesterday I bit off more than I could handle including ace bandages with old school barb hooks. Those thinks are barbaric. Today I plan on discontinuing valium cold turkey!!! I'm super pimp like that plus it has no impact I can groove on.

Balmy here this morning, with occasional light freezing rain. At least it's not south of zero and blowing like hell... I need to get outside - I have been hibernating for three days. During the three days, my Windows app to read .loc files and create .gpx files based on them has progressed nicely. Now I need to figure out to tell Visual Studio to put the project on GitHub.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
So yeah, we're definitely getting some decent snow today. Took a sick/snow day with the little one but still had to get up and snowblow the driveway so the wifey could get the van out. They're estimating for us to get up to a foot by the end of the day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wintry mess here. Poorly drained streets make for interesting commute in Boston, stepping into 4" of dirty slush at road crossings sucks. Work seems similarly messy, gotta tell boss things he will not like.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
snowing here. there's barely 3" of snow on the ground, and yet they've cancelled the school buses... :think: I can understand they would cancel them in the afternoon once the snow has really accumulated and the "mixed" precipitation finally hits us, but for now, it's still pretty mellow out there...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Few inches of snow on the ground, heavy rain and freezing temps. Glad I don't have to go anywhere and that electrons flow through my homes conductors. High of 55 today so this shit is going to go away quickly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wintry mess here. Poorly drained streets make for interesting commute in Boston, stepping into 4" of dirty slush at road crossings sucks. Work seems similarly messy, gotta tell boss things he will not like.
Considering your nationality, I assume you work for some kind of acrobat troop?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We received just over an inch of snow here. Perfect snowy slush stuff on the side streets for a little slideways action.

But, I spent an hour in 2nd gear on the way to work because everyone is in panic mode on the freeways. Snow was going straight into the hood scoop and creating some steam from the engine/intercooler; first time I've seen that since owning the car (outside of it steaming while washing the car) and had me worried, but the coolant tempt didn't really budge beyond its normal range.

Also, I don't think I actually fell asleep last night. WTF mate? Tossed and turned all night, right up until my alarm went off. I think I'm leaving early today because of the "snow".

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
First real day of work since Wednesday (out sick Thursday, academic time Friday, long weekend since state employee). Motivation is middling, which is unfortunate since it looks to be a busy morning.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Extra day off was nice, another day of riding! We had a spring weekend so I rode all three days to celebrate. I sure hope to get back on my skis. There is a 50k race the first weekend in March I was thinking of doing. Not if there isn't new snow!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning. Kill me please. Second cup of coffee on the desk and I haven't drank more than tea in over 6 years. Got in last night at 1:30am and Haley woke me at 5:30am. I'm now at a combined 19 hours of sleep since Wednesday night.

Reconnected with a lot of friends that I haven't seen since college. Big part of the conversation was about settling with life and not being willing to. I'm registering for my CFP at lunch and going to get my shit back together. I've got a lot of studying and growth to do, and another 40lbs to lose since I got fat again. Looking at options back in the Bay Area, because living life is more important that existing. I need to start living for myself, so I can live better for Haley. Go figure how much a few buzzed conversations with old friends who refuse to can change...

I woke up Sunday at 6:30am and didn't go to sleep until 5:30am because I stayed up for an additional 3 hours discussing things with one of those friends. Then proceeded to wake up at 8:30am to catch my flight home.

Now comes time to think. A lot about what I want to make of my life, for Haley.

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Sounds like an intense hoodie-moment to me. With regard to the Bay Area and quality of life: really? I get the weather. I get the geography. With the cost of housing, though, it seems a perfect setup to get on the rat-treadmill and run oneself to death.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have to agree with Toshi on this, quality of life is hard to find let alone buy. What your daughter needs most from you is you. Spending time in traffic, working 60 hour a week and eating out too much won't be how she remembers you.

It would be cool to find a small town that needs your skills so that you could find balance between income and cost of living. Buy yourself an Edward Jones...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ain't it fun, growing up?
I'd place most of the blame on Highlands Ranch.

:D

Monday was the best ski day of the weekend. A few inches softened things up nicely and N/NW facing trees were nice and creamy...

Day off to see if my shins might heal up a bit, then a vendor ski day at Vail tomorrow that I guess I'll get up early for.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to agree with Toshi on this, quality of life is hard to find let alone buy. What your daughter needs most from you is you. Spending time in traffic, working 60 hour a week and eating out too much won't be how she remembers you.

It would be cool to find a small town that needs your skills so that you could find balance between income and cost of living. Buy yourself an Edward Jones...

///More ///M Factor.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sounds like an intense hoodie-moment to me. With regard to the Bay Area and quality of life: really? I get the weather. I get the geography. With the cost of housing, though, it seems a perfect setup to get on the rat-treadmill and run oneself to death.
:stupid:

It's worth pointing out as well, that you can't ever really "go back". You're in all likelihood chasing something that doesn't actually exist. Take it from someone who had a serious post-death existential crisis, it's up to you to figure out how to make "the now" work. Chasing something is being on the rat-treadmill.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
and on a lighter note.... snowmaggedon is finally here: we've been sent home. Well, I have anyways. My wife has not yet received the message and she has the car, so it does me little good to leave early. :think::thumbsdown:

edited to add picture of snowmageddon:
snowmageddon feb 16 2016.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
and on a lighter note.... snowmaggedon is finally here: we've been sent home. Well, I have anyways. My wife has not yet received the message and she has the car, so it does me little good to leave early. :think::thumbsdown:

edited to add picture of snowmageddon:
View attachment 121577
Send some this way! Its been sprinkling snow here all day, but nothing is actually accumulating.

@rockofullr my whisky wagon is permanently offline. I'd like to keep it that way. :panic:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got to play a Moog synth in person. Holy BASS explosion. Nothing can prepare you for the sound of analog synth bass in person. No clips I've heard can do it justice thanks to sampling rates and compression. Now I've got to do some plotting.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Got to play a Moog synth in person. Holy BASS explosion. Nothing can prepare you for the sound of analog synth bass in person. No clips I've heard can do it justice thanks to sampling rates and compression. Now I've got to do some plotting.
Nyquist theorem and 20 kHz hearing limit falls apart in face of mighty Moog? There are plenty of uncompressed digital formats as with CDs (44.1 kHz)...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Nyquist theorem and 20 kHz hearing limit falls apart in face of mighty Moog? There are plenty of uncompressed digital formats as with CDs (44.1 kHz)...

Fine. No commonly available streaming clips and samples. YouTube and Soundcloud just don't cut it. Even the clips posted on the Moog site via Soundcloud couldn't replicate what I heard in person. I'm sure there recordings that so it justice. And now back to your regularly scheduled literal hyperbole.