Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Nyquist theorem and 20 kHz hearing limit falls apart in face of mighty Moog? There are plenty of uncompressed digital formats as with CDs (44.1 kHz)...
Or there's the Doors... you don't have to hear it to feel it, or so they say. Manzarek's moog covered up a lot of bad Morrison at live events.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Got to play a Moog synth in person. Holy BASS explosion. Nothing can prepare you for the sound of analog synth bass in person. No clips I've heard can do it justice thanks to sampling rates and compression. Now I've got to do some plotting.
an actual synth or Taurus pedals? I knew a bass player back in the day with pedals, and they could scramble your internal organs at volume.

:rockout:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I dunno about @stoney but I'm partially convinced that mine was, albeit early, and certainly compounded by my very real and shockingly traumatic brush with mortality. You can't help but reevaluate your priorities and direction after something like that.
fuck chasing money?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fine. No commonly available streaming clips and samples. YouTube and Soundcloud just don't cut it. Even the clips posted on the Moog site via Soundcloud couldn't replicate what I heard in person. I'm sure there recordings that so it justice. And now back to your regularly scheduled literal hyperbole.

Sampling and generating low frequency signals are easy. Converting those low frequency signals into actual sound is hard. I would guess a CD of said moog played on the same amp/speaker combo would sound the same.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I love how he's making excuses for why his shits not ready for nahbs.

"Available machine time at the shop that’s doing the 3D/5-axis machine work got loaded up with some last minute jobs for NASA and our parts got pushed back."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love how he's making excuses for why his shits not ready for nahbs.

"Available machine time at the shop that’s doing the 3D/5-axis machine work got loaded up with some last minute jobs for NASA and our parts got pushed back."

"That was the bike I initially set out to build over ten years ago"

seems to be an average build time for him

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's a great place to start, IMHO.
Yeah. I would much rather live in a simpler house that cost substantially less, assuming I can still get Haley into good schools, and spend the difference doing things. I know where we waste money and it goes to shit. Doesn't help that we're paying $15k per year for Haley's school though... that's a notable percentage of our post-savings take-home monthly. I can't wait for her to get into kindergarten.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That only works when there is a clear division between bays and a separate door for each unit, as an investor I'm more comfortable with one company in the basement and the other in the garage.
he has a two sided baseball cap he rotates on his head as he passes through the doorway.

Tried to go for a ride around midday. Got to the trailhead, discovered flat rear tire on Moonlander. Went back home, fixed the tire, returned to trailhead, started riding. Get a mile and something in and am starting to scout a possible new trail, get a text from Hilarie that she wants some complicated supper prepared. Turn around and go back home. Grand total of 2.2 miles of riding. Better than not riding, I guess...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
More beach time today at this really cool state park. Lots of bird including this huge Osprey nest which we could get pretty close to.

This is from yesterday

Tomorrow we are going fishing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Frustration. 8 pages of forms to send in for my EMT recert (all tests and classes pased) documentation. Follw their check list on the form staple it put in in an envelope and add the stamps. follow the link for online payment works great. hit print for a copy and up pops a window, attach signed copy of this receipt to your application. Bastards, thats not on the check list. cut the envelope open add the damn receipt tape it shut and add second stamp so that I have a enough postage to not have it come back...ASSHOLES....did I mention they charged me a $4.00 service fee for an online transaction inaddition to a recert fee of $102? oh and the classes were another $900 in continuing education fees