Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
crisp ride in this morning. I underdressed. Oh well, I just had to pedal harder....

edited to add: I also received my 11-42 10sp cassette from Suntour yesterday. Looks nice. Now I just need to receive my Radr cage from OneUp to install on my new Zee derailleur, pick up a new chain and I'll be ready to rock.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee and doing a rain jacket pocket reapair on the wifes coat. I'm am hoping for two deliveries today. New Bottom bracket for my bike and a 40amp relay for the truck to fix the no power to the inside lights of the horse trailer from the hitch plug issue.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Started running conduit as part of my sprinkler system/drainage system rebuild. It constantly amazes me that some people are satisfied with doing such poor quality work.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Present and accounted for. Heavy hearted today, while I am recently finding myself doing very well, both of my brothers are finding life to be giving them extreme challenges. Older brother is facing a wherehouse closure of which he is the manager, of course the next closest is East coast so no good there. The other is facing the elimination of his position.

Sucks to see them go through this.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I'm back from Moab, Fruita, and Grand Junction!!! Great trip. Maybe some pics tomorrow. I had no crashes, which is a lot to be said for 13 days of riding!!!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wife has moved into a new role at work, with it comes more stress. i suspect part of that is learning curve. her solution is to quit her job and move to the south, with that comes the assumption that i would be the sole income. No and No.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
crisp ride in this morning. I underdressed. Oh well, I just had to pedal harder....

edited to add: I also received my 11-42 10sp cassette from Suntour yesterday. Looks nice. Now I just need to receive my Radr cage from OneUp to install on my new Zee derailleur, pick up a new chain and I'll be ready to rock.
I was on the other side of that I should not have worn a jacket since it was 65F this morning and a little humid. So I was forced to ride slow - the struggle is real.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
wife has moved into a new role at work, with it comes more stress. i suspect part of that is learning curve. her solution is to quit her job and move to the south, with that comes the assumption that i would be the sole income. No and No.
You should suggest to her to have one more kid.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Kid #1 is at 31 lbs and he's not even 14 months old.

pretty much. I told her the amount of good riding there doesn't offset the amount of redneckery.
dude, i grew up in CT, ME, and upstate NY - there's redneckery everywhere. Any area you'd move to in NC is likely as populated by transplants as locals. now if you're just protesting hb2, i totally understand . . .

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dude, i grew up in CT, ME, and upstate NY - there's redneckery everywhere. Any area you'd move to in NC is likely as populated by transplants as locals. now if you're just protesting hb2, i totally understand . . .
i grew up in pennsyltucky, at the border of pittsburgh and alabama. i've lived near redneckery most of my life. i was just giving the TL;DR version for you unwashed masses. one of my primary reasons for not wanting to move, is just not wanting to move. we've been in our house for 3 years now. this is the longest i've lived in one single location since 2002. i've had enough of moving for a few more years. when we bought this house i told my wife i wasn't willing to move for at least another decade.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

There are rednecks everywhere. Grew up in NY, I find the southern rednecks to be less abundant and easier to deal with than the Jersey Shore types. However, this being a college town makes it quite different than the surrounding areas.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
There are rednecks everywhere. Grew up in NY, I find the southern rednecks to be less abundant and easier to deal with than the Jersey Shore types. However, this being a college town makes it quite different than the surrounding areas.
Charlottesville feels more like Boston than the south.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
stoney + dog sex = lulz?
There's a woman who watches Layla when we're out of town and we've been watching her dog (Scout) when she travels.

She went to Vegas a few weeks ago and Scout cried non-stop for a whole weekend. We took him and Layla to a really large (5 acres) dog park with a lake in the center. When we were leaving he decided he didn't want to leave and just took off to the far side of the lake. It took 30 minutes and about 20 people to herd him back towards the entry gate where I could finally put his leash on. Massive PITA.

So she left for Japan this morning until Sunday afternoon.

We have a specific doggy daycare we go to when Wifey is travelling, as it's efficient for me to hit on the way to work. Since Wifey will be travelling on Thursday, they will be going to daycare. We tell the woman which one and she pulls the guilt excuse of "Oh, I went there and it was very cold and not big to play. People have much better reviews at XYZ place." Whatever. It's just down the street from the place we go to currently, but it involves crossing a major street with no light, so not efficient. Wifey is jumping through hoops, as the Bortadella shot was given at our place, but they can't find the date. They know it was done, but can't find the ppwk. She needs to get it to the new place today.

So back to this morning. I woke up to Scout whining and stepped on a wet spot, great, he peed. Then another and another. He basically dripped all over the bedroom. Let them out and go to the gym for my swim. Come back and find out that when Haley woke up he ran up stairs and started barking in her face. Layla put that isht in check though - good dog. We're getting Haley dressed and more wet spots - he's pissed all over her room and the guest room.

Then I get this email from Wifey:

Wifey said:
Took off [pushed past her at the door] this morning when I was trying to get her (Haley) and Layla in the car. Ran right in front of a car in front of our house. Thank god the guy was able to stop. I thought he was dead for sure. I chased him around the car for about three minutes before he took off down the road and disappeared. I ran into the house to get the leash and a treat. Started running down the street calling for him when a car stopped and said they saw him running down Foothills Canyon [semi-major street]. I got to Foothills Canyon and two more cars stopped and said they saw him running toward Highlands Ranch Parkway [thoroughfare, 6-lanes wide].

A very nice guy offered me a ride and we caught up with him at the rec center [1/4 mile away], but he wouldn't come to either of us. Ran back down Foothills Canyon toward our house and almost got hit three more times by cars coming around the corner. He ran down our street and went to Dee's [neighbor] porch, where I was able to jump out of the car and corner him. It was terrifying. Haley, bless her heart, just got in the trunk of the car and watched my phone the whole time. I just left her there in front of our house. (she had to leave Haley in front of the house by herself to almost 10min) I threw him in the crate and took Haley to school. Came home to him freaking out and having peed all over the crate. If the guy hadn't of stopped, there is no way I could have caught up.
Fuck.this.dog.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's a woman who watches Layla when we're out of town and we've been watching her dog (Scout) when she travels.

She went to Vegas a few weeks ago and Scout cried non-stop for a whole weekend. We took him and Layla to a really large (5 acres) dog park with a lake in the center. When we were leaving he decided he didn't want to leave and just took off to the far side of the lake. It took 30 minutes and about 20 people to herd him back towards the entry gate where I could finally put his leash on. Massive PITA.

So she left for Japan this morning until Sunday afternoon.

We have a specific doggy daycare we go to when Wifey is travelling, as it's efficient for me to hit on the way to work. Since Wifey will be travelling on Thursday, they will be going to daycare. We tell the woman which one and she pulls the guilt excuse of "Oh, I went there and it was very cold and not big to play. People have much better reviews at XYZ place." Whatever. It's just down the street from the place we go to currently, but it involves crossing a major street with no light, so not efficient. Wifey is jumping through hoops, as the Bortadella shot was given at our place, but they can't find the date. They know it was done, but can't find the ppwk. She needs to get it to the new place today.

So back to this morning. I woke up to Scout whining and stepped on a wet spot, great, he peed. Then another and another. He basically dripped all over the bedroom. Let them out and go to the gym for my swim. Come back and find out that when Haley woke up he ran up stairs and started barking in her face. Layla put that isht in check though - good dog. We're getting Haley dressed and more wet spots - he's pissed all over her room and the guest room.

Then I get this email from Wifey:

Fuck.this.dog.
things i've learned:

-stoney hates inefficiency
-the trunk of a car is a perfectly acceptable place to store a child
-this dog must be related to R Kelly

all joking aside, sounds like a nightmare. yeesh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
things i've learned:

-stoney hates inefficiency
-the trunk of a car is a perfectly acceptable place to store a child
-this dog must be related to R Kelly

all joking aside, sounds like a nightmare. yeesh.
- Yes
- Hatch of the Forester
- no comment

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Charlottesville feels more like Boston than the south.
The only problem with C'ville is the self obsessed preppy culture. The town makes a serious effort to deter blue collar jobs, professionals and service jobs only. Lots of fucking dentists and trust fund cunts.