Quantcast

*** Tuesderp GMT ***

Attended a lecture on the disaster unfolding in Syria last night, Robin Yassin-Kassab and Leila Al-Ashami. Interesting mixture of dismay and hope, usual culprits of dictator/thieves, neoconservative economics, and general international meddling.

Heady Topper shopping day, and no, I do not process mail orders.

And, it's raining.trying.to.snow.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Super busy day ahead, despite rain keeping the crews at home.
Thinking about blowing the morning off and hitting the dirt to undo some of the 'trail improvements' that have taken place.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The wife left at two this morning to meet the other ladies at the barn. They are Caravaning with their horses 9 hours south to Del Mar for a competition, they hit the highway at 4am. Just me and Jake the wonder dog until Sunday Night. Coffee time for this old man

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello. Its raining here and judging by the clouds it isn't going to stop anytime soon. Really glad I rode last night.

Coffee and then this work stuff, I guess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wife made a pretty good pasta salad using the leftover salmon from Sunday night. I've had two cups of coffee today. This is not going well for me. I might have to call it pretty soon, as I've been here for over an hour and only spent 15min at my desk.

The Audi is probably a go. My Mom is trying to sort out how the lease buyout would work, as it's under the firm's name.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Trails ridden, mind realigned.
Beat the rain so trail abuse will need to wait for another day.
Food, more coffee then trying to make up for the time I spent playing in the woods.
Motivation level: Meh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Working, riding later before the rain, then wrenching with @Adventurous over beers.

The Audi is probably a go. My Mom is trying to sort out how the lease buyout would work, as it's under the firm's name.
Wifey should push for her company to lease her a vehicle as extra compensation. It's cheaper to the Co. than additional pay, and she can get something under warranty.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Made it home yesterday morning. was nice to get home at a decent time and get shit done, though the ungodly hour we got up and left LA was certainly "meh" worthy. Also the first time I think we've ever left LA without leaving behind and traveling with raging hangovers. Whats happened to us?

Early morning 5k today. Coffee and oatmeal now. Suppose I ought to get the yard in order now that spring is upon us, and before the rain hits. Or I may just blow it off again and play video games the rest of the day.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey should push for her company to lease her a vehicle as extra compensation. It's cheaper to the Co. than additional pay, and she can get something under warranty.
Snowball's chance in hell with her company.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Planning a road trip this week just me and the boys. Drive to DC Thursday and bike around the city then head towards Durham in the evening so I can take 40 to end up in Knoxville hopefully with a stop in Ashville ( @Jeremy R I expect you to have lunch ready). Then start to drive back Saturday. I was hoping to drive through Shenandoah National Park on the way home but not sure if that is possible with the wildfire @Westy what do you think?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had an interesting conversation with Haley yesterday when we were driving home from school. She saw a new playground that she wanted to go to and I told her no because it's not a public playground. She asked why it wasn't, so I told her it was at a church and that we don't go to church. She pointed out the names of all the kids in class that go to church (mind this is preschool) and asked why we don't.

Made for a fun time explaining that Mommy and Daddy don't believe in that religion (easier than saying no religion and less volatile). Her response was the hardest part to respond to: "what's religion?" Tried to explain it as best I could, without saying something that would offend school parents if transferred via kid to them. Haley nailed it with her response and I am seriously proud of her for her cognizance at such a young age: "So like Santa? I know he's not real, but it's nice to think he is because I get presents."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Had an interesting conversation with Haley yesterday when we were driving home from school. She saw a new playground that she wanted to go to and I told her no because it's not a public playground. She asked why it wasn't, so I told her it was at a church and that we don't go to church. She pointed out the names of all the kids in class that go to church (mind this is preschool) and asked why we don't.

Made for a fun time explaining that Mommy and Daddy don't believe in that religion (easier than saying no religion and less volatile). Her response was the hardest part to respond to: "what's religion?" Tried to explain it as best I could, without saying something that would offend school parents if transferred via kid to them. Haley nailed it with her response and I am seriously proud of her for her cognizance at such a young age: "So like Santa? I know he's not real, but it's nice to think he is because I get presents."
the tl;dr version of religion i wanna teach my kid is "fairy tales for morons"

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yesterday was my first day back in the office, after a week of swinging with my hook family. The office was a complete shit show of stress and getting jerked around. To cope, I went home, got a massage, took a swig of Wild Turkey, and headed out to the dongshed.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Lots of people have pancreatic cancer and I'm reading their restaging/initial staging studies this morning in preparation for noon pancreas multidisciplinary conference. Pro tip: don't get pancreatic cancer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Howdy all. Lots of people have pancreatic cancer and I'm reading their restaging/initial staging studies this morning in preparation for noon pancreas multidisciplinary conference. Pro tip: don't get pancreatic cancer.
Chances are you're looking at my brother's records at some point. He's kind of a legend, for all the wrong reasons, around there with his Whipple and other exploits.

He's now back consulting hospitals and was sitting in on a dr roundtable about experimental cancer treatments when his case came up in the discussion. Freaked him out a bit but like I said, at least you're still above ground and they weren't talking past tense about you.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Planning a road trip this week just me and the boys. Drive to DC Thursday and bike around the city then head towards Durham in the evening so I can take 40 to end up in Knoxville hopefully with a stop in Ashville ( @Jeremy R I expect you to have lunch ready). Then start to drive back Saturday. I was hoping to drive through Shenandoah National Park on the way home but not sure if that is possible with the wildfire @Westy what do you think?
Even if you do, I'd plan to hop on/hop off . . . we once tried to take the Blue Ridge Parkway back from Blowing Rock to Charlottesville, and it ended up taking so long we bailed at Roanoke and got on 81. Skyline basically parallels 81, so it's pretty easy to get off if you want. There are a couple of cool caverns along the way near skyline that your kids would probably like.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Even if you do, I'd plan to hop on/hop off . . . we once tried to take the Blue Ridge Parkway back from Blowing Rock to Charlottesville, and it ended up taking so long we bailed at Roanoke and got on 81. Skyline basically parallels 81, so it's pretty easy to get off if you want. There are a couple of cool caverns along the way near skyline that your kids would probably like.
I did all of Skyline last year with the boys and it was really cool. Since we have done the whole thing I would actually rather stop in one spot and do a little hiking/exploring. Let me know about the caverns?