Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Enjoy your Friday.

I am pretty sure that I am sick. Throat feels scratchy, but no cough or stuffed nose, yet. I popped some cold pills this morning, which are making me feel kind of "spacey".

I want to sleep.

I need to make a note to remember to renew my drivers licence, the sticker on my car and renew my health card. Why the fuck does the government make everything expire on my birthday?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, I sympathize real struggles you are facing today and I want to do everything I can to help.

In order to lessen the overall RM workload while increasing overall RM ride time, I will be leaving work shortly after a 15 minute conference call today at 8:30AM... then I'll get some basic chores around the house done before noon leaving me about 4 hours this afternoon to ride in the 70 degree weather with a light 5 MPH breeze.

Does this work for you? I feel it's worth the sacrifice.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning Monkies, I sympathize real struggles you are facing today and I want to do everything I can to help.

In order to lessen the overall RM workload while increasing overall RM ride time, I will be leaving work shortly after a 15 minute conference call today at 8:30AM... then I'll get some basic chores around the house done before noon leaving me about 4 hours this afternoon to ride in the 70 degree weather with a light 5 MPH breeze.

Does this work for you? I feel it's worth the sacrifice.
I'm gonna need you to fill out some TPAs.

Seriously -- it was snowing here yesterday! When will spring/summer be here? I need to ride my bike!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! School year is starting to wind down. A couple more hectic weeks and then coast until the start of Summer break. Trust me, I am actually counting the days this year. Syd had an AWESOME meet for the Northeast Gymnastic Regionals. She got 2nd place on the floor, 5th on vault and 6th on bars (I think 8th on beam) which ranked her 6th overall!!! There were 40 teams and well over a hundred girls so she was SUPER excited to even get on the podium for anything. Guess all the time we've spent at practice and at home (my house appears to be a gym) paid off! Small one (Alex) turns 4 this weekend....not sure how that happened either! I must be getting old ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Putted around and worked on my back seat replacement project last night. Should be good to sand and lay down the first of 5 polyurethane coats this evening (2 back and 3 top side). Gotta get it ready and installed before Moab on the 27th!

Also, someone sent out an interview request yesterday at 4:30 for 4 - 4:45 today. Who does that?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hola muchambo el bambas. 2500 yard swim before work with the masters group. My third swim day in a row and I was feeling it a little. Still a good swim tho. :monkey: Road ride after work...as long as the rain holds off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And apparently I need to get an emissions test before renewing my plates. Lets just stack up more money being flushed down the toilet for nothing. :brow:
the woods thank if you believe in that...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
the woods thank if you believe in that...
The woods should hate it. Its the type of test that lets VW do it's thing...

They just plug into the computer and scan for codes and system readiness......and then bend you over for $75 or whatever it is.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
back still hurts. F.
:stupid: My backs been killing me the last few days. It's stupid and achy but not preventing me from doing anything. Everything is just painful afterwards.

Been riding the mtb 40-60 miles a week. On dirt roads and canal banks. It's pretty good, even bunny hopped a snake the other night. My arm is coming back slowly.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Didn't manage to get out into the woods last night. Went home and took care of this mess in my front yard.
photo (1).JPG

This was my favorite tree in my front yard. The ants did a number on it's base over the last few years and the winds took care of it last week. The wind has been out of the North lately, which made this fall without wrecking my car, house or power lines. I did count 71 rings and gave the stump a star, because all stumps need stars.

Should ride bikes tonight.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've decided basic chores are a real drag so I'm opting out. May go looking for a small compressor instead or maybe even look into ordering a shorter stem for my new bike. Maybe pancakes too...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Great 4-day weekend.
Leaving on Saturday to get a new bass in San Diego. Swapping one of mine for an even trade. My P bass is getting a new pickup installed this week. I'm going to see Soulfly on Friday. Gonna be good times.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Slept brilliantly on my makeshift bed last night, as I have the last three times I tried so. Starting to think this is the way to go.

Makeshift bed is just a memory foam mattress topper on the floor.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Slept brilliantly on my makeshift bed last night, as I have the last three times I tried so. Starting to think this is the way to go.

Sometimes it takes a while before your inner crack whore comes out. Now that you are accustomed to the mattress on floor you should consider taking the next step in your transition.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ordered a shorter stem for the Giant XTC, $90 OEM? I may have been hosed but it's done and should be here in a week.

Decided to step into this century and finally bought a presta valve core tool and a syringe, previously I just poured the stans into the tube before mounting the second side. It's always worked for me but I work on my bikes in the living room and the last spill looks pretty bad. Latex does not come out of carpet. That's a pro tip.

Also: LBS has ZERO bladders in stock, this makes me wonder if they are having financial issues.

EDIT: ended up mounting tire the way I always have, it's just faster.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I survived many nights as a parent in this fashion... when young'uns needed to be held, but were still in a crib we laid one of those next to the crib, slept there till he fell back asleep, and if we were awake we'd put him back in his crib, but more often than not we fell asleep there. it's surprisingly comfortable...
Sometimes it takes a while before your inner crack whore comes out. Now that you are accustomed to the mattress on floor you should consider taking the next step in your transition.
given my parenting experience, maybe more than crack, you should be looking at meth...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
it's snowing just west of me. snowing. :twitch:
We should go skiing. You know, when we're not riding all the delicious hero dirt that has been occurring in between these May storms.

back still hurts. F.
I hear ya. I sprained a facet joint skiing in Moab over three weeks ago and it still hasn't sorted itself out despite numerous chiro adjustments and stretching and whatnot.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Another blissful day along the gentle shores of the Missouri river where it never snows in spring and rarely, if ever, herniates a disk although I did manage to crash twice in a little under 2 hours of riding. I have ridden Shimano 959s for over 15 years but recently bought a set of XTs with cages. The OTB incident was caused by hitting a rock on the downstroke of my right pedal which resulted in a visor full of prairie grass. The next incident was less spectacular and involved clipping a rock hard enough to redirect the bike 45 degrees before I toppled over. Still an amazing 2 hours and one of the best rides I've had this year so far.

More Pics in Album http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/media/albums/rivers-edge-trail.634/

View media item 2851View media item 2849View media item 2846

Last edited: