Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful friends. 2300 yard swim before work, after a 3000 yard swim last night. My shoulders were feeling the burn this morning. Bike ride tonight, but boy is the raining coming down right now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Rain. It's been very dry here for weeks, trails should be h.e.r.o. quality this evening.
Apparently a lightning hit one of the commuter rail switches so the morning commute was a little more entertaining shitshow than usual.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Actually slept last night, not well mind you, but not poorly. I'll consider that a win.

Now off to day 1 of a 3 day all-day no computer no cell phone training class. I predict serious boredom and day dreaming.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin. wife's birthday today. she took the day off, and I'd like to as well but work is ridiculous. Managed to make it in early and got some good work done though, so maybe I will be able to at least join her for lunch. lobstah tonight!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! There is sunshine on one end of town and a straight line of dark black clouds rolling In from the west. I'm off at noon so here hope against experience that this too shall pass in a manner convenient to me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Supposed to rain so I am sneezy and stuffy....I could predict the weather just by waking up these days. Had a fun flute lesson this morning, but now I am brewing some more coffee and doing some paperwork. Yippie! My goal is to NOT bring any work with me this weekend!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I signed up for some OT tomorrow. Feels like about 70/30 that I don't go in.
Odds are now 100/0 in favor of not going in. I reached this conclusion by multiplying tomorrows potential workload by # of fucks I had left to give, and then divided by new dog at home + tomorrows forecast, to reach greater than 100%. Need to stock up on sweet vermouth for Manhattans on the way home.

:banana:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Got the car back from the bodyshop having winter storm damaged repaired on Thursday.

It's now hailing golf balls....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Got the car back from the bodyshop having winter storm damaged repaired on Thursday.

It's now hailing golf balls....
Ahhh, Spring!
Blue skies to the west ... hero dirt with icebergs, right ahead!

edit: some hail from the deck, dime for scale ...
20160524_135411.jpg

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The weather around here cleared up enough for about an hour road beginning in 24 minutes. The wind is pretty light so it looks like I will escape the second coming today. Light rain now but no clouds overhead... no hail. Getting caught on a bike in the hail is the suck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was going to do a short road/dirt ride this afternoon, I'm thinking the dirt will be pretty nice after the moisture though so might go all dirt...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
M y ride was all road, 15 miles in a little under an hour - for me that's a good afternoon wookout. The weather stayed clear with blue skies and clouds. No spandex was used in the process.

I did decide to leave on my winter tires but take them to 115 instead of the 70, the reduced contact patch ,are for some awesome speed but, sadly, no one took up the chase.

Got beer.

Got lumber.

Went to camp and started to tear into the shed porch to replace some rotted landing tread boards. Discovered that the fellow who built the porch used half pressure treated and half untreated lumber for joists and skirts. Guess it's back to the lumber yard tomorrow. Note: It's a bitch to unscrew Torx head screws that have been over driven and covered with paint.

Managed to get the galvanized steel/pressure treated wood steps from the seawall to the beach in place and secured without any disasters. It really helps in work like that not to have any onlookers or (not fully vetted) assistants.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got beer.

Got lumber.

Went to camp and started to tear into the shed porch to replace some rotted landing tread boards. Discovered that the fellow who built the porch used half pressure treated and half untreated lumber for joists and skirts. Guess it's back to the lumber yard tomorrow. Note: It's a bitch to unscrew Torx head screws that have been over driven and covered with paint.

Managed to get the galvanized steel/pressure treated wood steps from the seawall to the beach in place and secured without any disasters. It really helps in work like that not to have any onlookers or (not fully vetted) assistants.
Had I been available and in the vicinity I'm sure I could have been very helpful...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Going to a place called monkey mountain today. So monkeys, much excite, wow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Dropped the Turner DHR frame off at the powder coating shop tonight. I was going to go with a very dark blue, but came out swinging and went with.....purple. Not Barney purple, but a dark purple, which to my feeble mind looked blue at first.

And due to a timing screw up, there is no ride tonight.

Front left strut on my car is clearly completely gone now and is feeling a little crunchy. Friday can't come fast enough, when we put the Bilstein's back on. And then timing belt on Saturday. Friggin' dollars just flying out my asshole.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.