Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hanging with the kids this AM, then into work for a bit.

ears clogged up sunday night (along with stiff neck/swollen glands in neck)...still messed up. wtf? earbolaids?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I see, competing threads. I'll delete mine even though it was a FULL minutes earlier.
You, sir, are a team player, falling on the sword like that even though you had rightfully laid claim to today's GMT. Too bad the rest of the world can't follow your selfless behavior.

'Morning. I ran 4 easy miles before sunrise this morning, and now I'll waste half the work day carefully reading the 19 page athlete guide for my Saturday race. :clue:

Wife took my new car today to get a 2" hitch installed for my T2 rack. Such a good wife.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

A spell of anxiety last night meant I slept like a hot pile o' garbage. It has continued into this morning. What about, I have no idea.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode in this morning. First time going to the new office,so I had to figure out the route last night. and try to remember it this morning (with help of a note). It wasn't too bad but with the timing on sunrise, I ended up on a true two-lane road with no space for a rider, going directly into the sun. I ended up riding on the sidewalk for that leg. The rest of the ride, probably 80%+, was on residential roads with wide dedicated bike lanes or ones that at least ran parallel to the recommended route.
Office gym is also really nice. The showers have all the necessary soap and such, plus towels. That's going to let me drop about 2# from my backpack and with leaving my lock on the rack, I'll save another 3#.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
funny story in the news today: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/disguise-posing-elderly-mom-driving-test-1.3634137
"
An Ottawa woman is facing criminal charges after dressing up as her elderly mother and trying to take a driver's test for her, according to Smiths Falls police.

A driving instructor "became suspicious" of a woman taking a driving test in Smiths Falls, Ont., southwest of Ottawa, on June 9, police said in a news release issued Tuesday.

Staff at the Ministry of Transportation office then called police.

A 73-year-old was supposed to be taking the test, but investigators determined that it was actually her 39-year-old daughter wearing a wig and glasses.

The 39-year-old, from the village of Kars in rural south Ottawa, is facing a charge of adult personation with intent and was released from custody on a promise to appear in court at a later date."

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode in and pushed harder on the pedals than usual in an effort to remove some of the suck from my climbing. It shall be a gradual process. I really need to figure out something to get my sweaty Dakine pack off my back, though. Everything is solvable by throwing more money at it, right?

In the meantime it's pancreatic cancer doom and gloom day, as is the case most Tuesdays. (I either cover this or colorectal on Wednesdays, and sometimes both if I get lucky.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I rode in and pushed harder on the pedals than usual in an effort to remove some of the suck from my climbing. It shall be a gradual process. I really need to figure out something to get my sweaty Dakine pack off my back, though. Everything is solvable by throwing more money at it, right?

In the meantime it's pancreatic cancer doom and gloom day, as is the case most Tuesdays. (I either cover this or colorectal on Wednesdays, and sometimes both if I get lucky.)
I used my internal frame day pack this morning vs. my normal Dakine bag. I didn't notice any comfort difference but definitely didn't sweat as much.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
wow @Heidi that looks amazing

Walked the kids to soccer camp. Kid from school came on her scooter down this big hill in the park and passed us. She then crashed right on her face looking back at us.

Got some jewelry for the bike yesterday. The RD was down to 100 Dollars online so I caved in and going from long cage to short cage RD and 11-28

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Currently awaiting a new derailleur hanger for the fully, should be here (along with a spare) Thursday. Riding the hardtail tomorrow.

GF and I took Friday off to drive out to Glens Falls, NY to meet and hopefully take home a pup. Super nice area we went a couple times for family vacation when I was a kid, so might turn it into a weekend adventure.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a good day today. The weather is cool and cloudy, I wish I was within riding distance. The wife was looking at houses last night, very depressing. The housing market here has gone insane. Rumor is a lot of California money is moving in because companies are moving here with SF being crazy. Rent has about doubled in 2 years around downtown, yet our house has barely increased in the sticks. $1700/month for a 2 bed 1 bath 1000 sqft house in the 'hood. WTF, that was an $800 house 2 years ago.

Get off my lawn!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
If it wasn't something they had to order I would have done just that. Alas, I have been waiting for it to make its way from the Yeti factory, which is literally 5 miles down the road from where I work, to the shop. That may be the most frustrating part.
They don't make the new(ish) crabon frames in Golden, do they? Those things come from China, unless I'm misinformed. And I'd bet dollars to donuts they take the slow boat from China. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Currently awaiting a new derailleur hanger for the fully, should be here (along with a spare) Thursday. Riding the hardtail tomorrow.

GF and I took Friday off to drive out to Glens Falls, NY to meet and hopefully take home a pup. Super nice area we went a couple times for family vacation when I was a kid, so might turn it into a weekend adventure.
Joe and Laura sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes a dog
Then comes marriage
Then comes 40 years of penniless, sexless existence
Then comes throwing out your back and watching lamesauce soccer games instead of riding your bike
Then you DIE!!!!

You have been warned.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a good day today. The weather is cool and cloudy, I wish I was within riding distance. The wife was looking at houses last night, very depressing. The housing market here has gone insane. Rumor is a lot of California money is moving in because companies are moving here with SF being crazy. Rent has about doubled in 2 years around downtown, yet our house has barely increased in the sticks. $1700/month for a 2 bed 1 bath 1000 sqft house in the 'hood. WTF, that was an $800 house 2 years ago.

Get off my lawn!
Location, location, location. SIUP.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes a dog
Then comes marriage
Then comes 40 years of penniless, sexless existence then you DIE

You have been warned.
If they don't have kids, the penniless part is a myth. If I didn't have those little f**kers running around, I'd be retired now. :mad:

There should be a part in there about all your connective tissue going to hell in a handbasket, too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes a dog
Then comes marriage
Then comes 40 years of penniless, sexless existence
Then comes throwing out your back and watching lamesauce soccer games instead of riding your bike
Then you DIE!!!!

You have been warned.
If I should die today, my only regret will be that I had but one reputation to give to this post.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I forgot to throw this into my first post: On my commute I have to cross one major street at a sidewalk, where left turning cars make me nervous. Apparently I get nervous there for good reason as I saw a police officer writing up a car driver who'd hit a biker. Rider seemed fine but the bike wasn't rideable due to the rear wheel getting a bit munched.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If it wasn't something they had to order I would have done just that. Alas, I have been waiting for it to make its way from the Yeti factory, which is literally 5 miles down the road from where I work, to the shop. That may be the most frustrating part.
Should have just driven down the street...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Location, location, location. SIUP.
The real issue is the wife isn't in a hurry to just buy something else. She wants to rent in an area we think wouldn't suck before committing to said potential suck. My buddy just sold a house in 2.5 hours for $40k over list. He said he doesn't have the time or energy to be a buyers agent anymore because as soon as he lists something, it's sold before the end of the day. Rather than finding the bank owned houses for clients like he used to, he now buys them himself and flips them on the side as well as work as a listing agent.

Wife bought our house at the height of the bubble and now that the zombie house and the deadbeat house have both sold, we are barely flush where she bought in 2007. By the time we develop any equity in it, the places we want to live will be in the $1M range. Or worse, all the houses we love will be gone in place of HUGE places.

Sold for $275k.

Torn down for this:

Some of the tear downs are worse than others, but the old Portland homes are losing out to teh suck.