Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's why people live there? :confused:

Don't get me wrong - I'm glad 8 million people do... 'cause if they didn't, probably 2 million of them would move here. :dead:
Just mean the cost of living may be the same if adjusted for income level.

Its a pretty cool city if you like big cities and still close to tons of nature and beaches.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:(. I suppose if expedience was the goal I should have ordered online. As of a few hours ago they were just going to pick my bike up from Yeti and said maybe it would be ready today, probably tomorrow. Some go-getters they are.
call them and bitch up a storm, us this example of why they suck, and make someone commit to having it ready by close of business today or you can cancel and order from Jenson.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You should hear people bitch out here about how crowded the parks are. We should send them all to the "nature and beaches" around NYC for a weekend. :D
Nature == mutated flora and fauna growing on the floor of the subway

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
call them and bitch up a storm, us this example of why they suck, and make someone commit to having it ready by close of business today or you can cancel and order from Jenson.
Conflict avoidance is one of the less endearing qualities of my personality. Just ask my wife, I'm sure she'd be happy to tell you all about it. ;)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The guy who owns the LBS down the street from me dropped Yeti due to poor sales in comparison to the Specialized and Giant brands that he stocks. Prior to him buying the shop I had asked about turnaround for a Giant XTC - he said both the big brands could get a bike to his shop in 48 hours, if you ordered early enough it could be in by the end of business the following day. An efficient supply chain and order fulfillment are one way to go, creating demand through brand exclusivity is another...

I would also expect that small frame bikes are expensive to floor and slow to turn.

Also, it raining like a bitch outside, it will be 3 hours before the trails dry out.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I rode in and pushed harder on the pedals than usual in an effort to remove some of the suck from my climbing. It shall be a gradual process. I really need to figure out something to get my sweaty Dakine pack off my back, though. Everything is solvable by throwing more money at it, right?
I used my internal frame day pack this morning vs. my normal Dakine bag. I didn't notice any comfort difference but definitely didn't sweat as much.
This

My Osprey Manta 20 does a good job of keeping my back drier.

Also wear a jersey and pack a dry shirt. Or a button down hiking shirt, unless you have to wear long sleeves.

Or just ride to work naked and other motorists will probably notice you sooner and try to avoid you at all cost.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Joe and Laura sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes a dog
Then comes marriage
Then comes 40 years of penniless, sexless existence
Then comes throwing out your back and watching lamesauce soccer games instead of riding your bike
Then you DIE!!!!

You have been warned.
Man that sucks. Must be an awful situation to compel one to use the term "lamesauce".

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Its official. I am to old to go to Train Engineers school. They turned me down again. It has always been my dream to become a train engineer. Since I was a little kid a long time ago. All I am left with is to become the Frisbee Golf World Champion. And to win a Gold Medal in the Olympics in Darts.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's funny you say that. I used to work for a pea and lentil breeding program and still can't say I've consumed lentils more than a handful of times in my life. The truth is those plant breeders were mostly concerned with climbing the GS. The powdery mildew greenhouse trials were terrible.