Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ours are even better. We are on salary schedules...most of us are capped out. I don't think it's possible for an annual review to actual mean any less than it does here.
Yea. It's got zero effect on my pay and the 14 prior years of evaluation forms filled out with the exact same responses from the variety of previous managers I've had makes it kind of hard to take seriously.

Edit:. Also the fact that I have literally turned in photocopies of previous years self evaluations and just changed the dates, and been vocal about it. No one has ever cared.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
At my last year-end review, my boss pointed out there was a period of 2 weeks where no notable progress seemed to be made on a project with a 1.5 year timeline (and 1 of several projects, mind you, on top of day-to-day emergency stuff and various other responsibilities).

So, yea.....I hate reviews for a different reason.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea. It's got zero effect on my pay and the 14 prior years of evaluation forms filled out with the exact same responses from the variety of previous managers I've had makes it kind of hard to take seriously.

Edit:. Also the fact that I have literally turned in photocopies of previous years self evaluations and just changed the dates, and been vocal about it. No one has ever cared.
Sounds basically identical....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy not quite noon yet Monkeys.

Lots of fun on the list of things to avoid today. I have gotten more done by 11 than most anyone here does all day, it is an interesting crowd. Never in my professional career have I experienced a 2 day email reply delay (or no reply at all some times). While I don't expect an immediate response, to take 2 days to send a single line reply seems a bit much.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Happy not quite noon yet Monkeys.

Lots of fun on the list of things to avoid today. I have gotten more done by 11 than most anyone here does all day, it is an interesting crowd. Never in my professional career have I experienced a 2 day email reply delay (or no reply at all some times). While I don't expect an immediate response, to take 2 days to send a single line reply seems a bit much.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Walking back from getting food for lunch, when a clipboard girl on the street assaults me with the loaded question "do you love animals?" I hold up my lunch bag and say "I've got one right here."

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride much success, what ride isnt? I took the Sensor out and had a nice couple of hours down by the river. I stopped by the LBS to see if they had another set of boomslangs in and they did. Lesson for me is to stick with what works. The Straightline AMPs are available to a good home. I should probably get a picture.

EDIT: Already gone. :)
EDIT: Free to Good Home with a lower 48 shipping address. Straightline AMP flats.

Pros: almost new with about 6 hours of ride time, pedal will also be where you left it when you need it again. I found adequate grip with five ten contact soles.

Cons: Pins are not as grippy as you would expect, you cannot get good results unless you wear purpose designed bike shoes. If you regularly take fast bouncy climbs that require a lot of leg work you will find it hard to keep your feet planted. Downhill no issue.

Already gone!

View media item 2884

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went for a ride, just reached the singletrack and the thunder started, 2 minutes later the rain was hard enough I said eff it and turned around.

Probably perfect conditions on the trails now...

@Nick were you part of the work party that is doing the work by the small parking lot at the bottom of Chimney? It was a good challenge to make it up and around that first left. Now it's a smooth dirt ramp and all the rocks have vanished from the first 10 yards of the trail.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Nick were you part of the work party that is doing the work by the small parking lot at the bottom of Chimney? It was a good challenge to make it up and around that first left. Now it's a smooth dirt ramp and all the rocks have vanished from the first 10 yards of the trail.
No I didn't work on that part. I removed the wood water bars and rebuilt the transitions with rock a few switchbacks up the trail. I can't even picture what you're describing. Does it suck??

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> were you part of the work party that is doing the work by the small parking lot at the bottom of Chimney? It was a good challenge to make it up and around that first left. Now it's a smooth dirt ramp and all the rocks have vanished from the first 10 yards of the trail.
It used to be like that. Then it eroded. Be patient, young Padawan...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No I didn't work on that part. I removed the wood water bars and rebuilt the transitions with rock a few switchbacks up the trail. I can't even picture what you're describing. Does it suck??
It certainly won't be a challenge once the dirt is packed down. There's just a big pile of rocks next to a small excavator parked in that little 3 car lot. I presume the rocks are what they dug out of the trail.

Erosion takes time though, I've been enjoying the challenge of clearing more and more of the climb before topping out. I think I'm down to 3 spots which still stymie me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Would you believe me if I told you here used to only be one? :D
I haven't cleared the steep section up through the big rocks near the bottom, in the upper section there's an off camber rocky section and my final sticking point is the left turn by the boulder field.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
all of this sounds like talk about a trail better ridden in the downward direction . . . suggested by phrases like "steep section," "big rocks," "off camber rock section," and "boulder field." :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There's nothing wrong with riding down Chimney. It's actually pretty damned fun. But Enchanted Forest... ahhh...
Given the choice, I will generally choose a steep ascent and a long high speed descent over a long easy climb with a steep slow speed descent that doesn't last very long. All about that ROI.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Picked up the Old F350 from the shop. they replaced all 4 right side fuel injectors, compression tested the engine for ring damage( none found), oil and filter change, new canister air filter, new engine and frame rail fuel filters, flushed and refilled the transfer case (main tranny fluid checked out ok) replaced drivers side front wheel bearing. $3033.77

Took it out for a spin It hasn't had power at engine cold start in for ever, a granny in a walker could beat it of the line. Now it actually moves out. No smoke from the tail pipe. Steering was sold and the clunking going over bumps is gone (really bad wheel bearing). We will see how it goes on tomorrow commute and on Friday when the new truck goes in to fix a small oil leak and I have to put the camper back on my old truck and head off to work a horse show for the weekend.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Very cool, I like it. I had a 7-string for a bit, but never really used it enough to justify having it. Never played a guitar with fanned frets, but sure would like to try it.

I used to think the 8-string thing was ridiculous, until I got into guys like Tosin Abasi. Then I "got it".

Last edited: