Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

I stayed up way too late last night and for no reason. Oh well, the show must go on.

Its a cloudy one out there today. Short ride is scheduled tonight with a friend.

Coffee....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Site says seat covers have shipped, which means they were in stock and I won't have to wait several weeks for them to make them (typically made to order/handmade in the US). Success.

Other than that, "fuck this noise" is the theme of today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much goin on here. Bike is on the back of the truck tonight; provided the weather cooperates bicycle riding will be done. Also submitted my application for a mortgage refinance this morning and will keep my fingers crossed that the appraisal comes back in my favor as it is a $300/mo difference compared to what I pay now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just bought my mom a plane ticket to come visit from France for 10 days... not sure if it's a good or a bad thing. It could go either way, I guess I'll find out when she gets here...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Slept on the floor of the bus last night, was so tired I couldn't be arsed to move inside once we got back to Colorado. Sipping coffee now and contemplating downloading pictures from yesterday's ride and making up a trip report before I forget the details. Discussing a ride plan with my buddy here. Supposed to be 96* here in Salida, why did I leave NM again?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wife was harping on me for refusing to ride my nomad to the beach or elsewhere around town.
Told me to get a townie bike but I hate shitty bikes.
Convinced her that best route is to build up a 'simple hardtail' mtb to ride with the kids in the woods etc.
Pimped out hardtail search is on.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I saw a man riding a fat bike in the woods wearing a Lycra American Flag Kit with a giant eagle on it. He was in his granny gear and there was no snow anywhere to be found. I couldn't decide if I should laugh or cry.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Didn't die on the way home yesterday. Family in town for dinner tonight. *meh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
decided to be responsible and spring for a hotel room while in nyc thursday/friday....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! The older I get the less I care about what other people wear or ride so long as no one is being harmed... as I was returning from my ride Sunday I ran into a 30ish couple on matching hardtails wearing matching kits. I thought it was cool. Except for the hardtail part, seriously - without 5 or 6 inches how fun can it be?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took my Aunt to her Cottage for the last time. It was horrifically sad and I couldn't handle it and left. I have to go back tomorrow and take her home. And then sell the place and get rid of the contents. 120 years of accumulation. Irish people never, ever, ever, throw anything away. Ever. And they keep buying stuff right up to their dying day.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wife was harping on me for refusing to ride my nomad to the beach or elsewhere around town.
Told me to get a townie bike but I hate shitty bikes.
Convinced her that best route is to build up a 'simple hardtail' mtb to ride with the kids in the woods etc.
Pimped out hardtail search is on.
I want to build or buy a Black Maket Edit1 just to ride around with the kids.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Took my Aunt to her Cottage for the last time. It was horrifically sad and I couldn't handle it and left. I have to go back tomorrow and take her home. And then sell the place and get rid of the contents. 120 years of accumulation. Irish people never, ever, ever, throw anything away. Ever. And they keep buying stuff right up to their dying day.
Sorry to hear. I dread the day I'll have to do that for my family.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I want to build or buy a Black Maket Edit1 just to ride around with the kids.
When my daughter was little I built up an Azonic Steelhead to play on. A couple years ago I got bored and scored a DK Xenia off ebay for about $100 or some crap. Looks kinda like this one.

I keep debating on putting a fork on it, but it is fun at the local BMX track and skate park. Once Marshall starts to ride, I will give it to my son to ride with his boy.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just had some guy from Tennesee with a thick yee-haw accent lean in close and say "wow, thiisahere is the prettiest country I evah seen. Must be nice to live in a place with no muzzies or blacks around".

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I should have just gone into what good work Habitat for Humanity is doing. When he went into a thing about being in DC and seeing Muslims EVERYWHERE, I asked him if he could imagine what New York felt like in the late 1800's.
That was the end of the conversation.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife jokes about getting me a fitbit because I spend so much of my day running around the office trying to track folks down. Basement to lab on first floor, to team room on the 3rd, to coffee on the 4th, to snacks on the bridge level, then back down to the basement. Repeat x10 with a pee break in there somewhere.

Rumor is still pending on the move to window cube on 3 next month...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode in slowly. Busy as all get out this morning with the usual Tuesday pancreatic cancer horde plus the added obligation of writing a short paper and redoing a 40 slide presentation for a major journal in my field... by tomorrow. Kill me now.

Time to eat the free food at pancreatic conference and perhaps everything will be in order by the time I get back here.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tired after dealing with hardware failure until 3:30 last night, afternoon ride required to clear my head.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just had some guy from Tennesee with a thick yee-haw accent lean in close and say "wow, thiisahere is the prettiest country I evah seen. Must be nice to live in a place with no muzzies or blacks around".
I should have just gone into what good work Habitat for Humanity is doing. When he went into a thing about being in DC and seeing Muslims EVERYWHERE, I asked him if he could imagine what New York felt like in the late 1800's.
That was the end of the conversation.
So, was this guy a Mormon. or just passing through on his way to Coeur D'alene?

I can. Will is right, screw Idaho. Everything not the pan handle is a hot, god forsaken waste land over run by mormons, and the pan handle, while beautiful, is over run by mormons, white supremacists, or mormon white supremacists.
You have never been to Teton Valley.