Quantcast

&&& @Tuesderp GMT@ &&&

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I too was up at 3AM, but because I don't sleep. Though, it has been better lately.

FTS friday. Pretty much coasted through the week, means we'll get hammered today, which will suck for someone because I'm not doing shit today.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Only going to be 80's here, but stupid humid again. FTS. Planning to ride tonight anyway, need to check out the new stuff we built on Sunday.

New kitty in the house last week. Adopted through one of my employees who is unofficially a foster home for animals. She got him from a friend of a friend who lives in Philly and can't keep him since she's getting a roommate. Or something.

This is Jamal:
IMG_3034.JPG
Pkv696czqT1s0QUX-pic-jpg (1).jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did Jamal give you the permission to take pictures in his home? :D

Morning! Humid day again. Gonna coast at work till the end of the day, then a night ride. Only 5 days left until VT50. :panic:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'll just leave this here for @Pesqueeb and @Nick : http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/opinion/sunday/the-insomnia-machine.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/health&action=click&contentCollection=health&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

my return to reality after my blissful weekend away has been pretty brutal. My son, not the easiest kid to deal with at the best of times, is having a really hard time adjusting to grade 1. he's turned into an asshole at all waking hours. bugs his brother, doesn't listen, lies, talks back, resists any attempt at dialogue, doesn't do what asked. it's so fucking exhausting, emotionally and physically. my boss once told me it was my choice to have kids, but it's not like you can send them back once you find out they're defective...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'll just leave this here for @Pesqueeb and @Nick : http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/opinion/sunday/the-insomnia-machine.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/health&action=click&contentCollection=health&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=5&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

my return to reality after my blissful weekend away has been pretty brutal. My son, not the easiest kid to deal with at the best of times, is having a really hard time adjusting to grade 1. he's turned into an asshole at all waking hours. bugs his brother, doesn't listen, lies, talks back, resists any attempt at dialogue, doesn't do what asked. it's so fucking exhausting, emotionally and physically. my boss once told me it was my choice to have kids, but it's not like you can send them back once you find out they're defective...
That's why there's an adoption system. Send that fucker packing and let it be a lesson to the good one you mean business.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Had my mind boogled the other day when I heard that an executive tried to kill our electronic documentation system because he thought we should just record things on paper. ON PAPER. Jesus Christ. :rant:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

He's not defective - he's your reward for being such good parents. You can't expect it all to be easy! :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello peoples. It looks like a nice sunny day out there. I plan on working, going home to eat and then hitting the trails for a meandering night ride with the coyotes and other animals.

Mornin!

Had my mind boogled the other day when I heard that an executive tried to kill our electronic documentation system because he thought we should just record things on paper. ON PAPER. Jesus Christ. :rant:
What's he trying to hide? When I think of paper archives I think of this and someone spending days/months trying to find something. :fie:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning!! I had a new employee start two weeks ago. She called in "cough cough sick" this past Friday, then has been a no call/no show the past two days. Well at least this makes the termination easy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What's he trying to hide? When I think of paper archives I think of this and someone spending days/months trying to find something. :fie:

My guess is his incompetence and inability to see, despite 20 years of indicators, that the world is transitioning to computers. If so he didn't do a very good job.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Bring tp. Shit in woods. Easy.
I did this at 8k on Sunday. It was very satisfying.

Today I plan to revise a PowerPoint. It's more interesting than it seems because it's for the online side to a good radiology journal and is on a topic interesting to me.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
@AngryMetalsmith What was the final call on trails for today? If in doubt, bring moar whiskey and less food. No way you starve to death, but if the shit hits the fan, booze may get you to laugh at it rather than curl up and wait for death
:cheers:

For my part, I'm working on my annual personal statement/CV for the Chairman. In no danger of real criticism/trouble since I'm making him money but the guy is one of the most conceptually stupid people I've met so explaining my 5-year-plan is always excrutiating/infuriating. Not looking forward to this shit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The bus commute is in full effect. It only takes about 10 minutes longer than driving and when I am reading, I don't even notice. I still want to move, though. Meetings about meetings today.

@Adventurous we have an interesting problem here. We have overly complicated and redundant electronic tracking systems for time and resources. Since nobody wants other people to find out just how little they actually do, they spend time figuring out ways to make things harder to track so you think they are busy all the time. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@AngryMetalsmith What was the final call on trails for today? If in doubt, bring moar whiskey and less food. No way you starve to death, but if the shit hits the fan, booze may get you to laugh at it rather than curl up and wait for death
:cheers:
Don't drink anymore but "safety" is paramount.

Looking like Squirrel gap is on. Not sure if I'm going to do an out and back or the big stupid loop. Have to see how it goes.

Might go hunt for some gas first though as Brevard is out.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
He's not defective - he's your reward for being such good parents. You can't expect it all to be easy! :D
I might not be a millenial, but I was certain I was entitled to easy children...

also, I fail to see the reward in this... :think: maybe it's the preservation of my sanity and a sense of humour?! :disgust:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
is he getting enough Brawndo?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just don't be like the multitude of assholes that shit in the woods and then leave a steaming pile of dung with a streamer of shitty tp flapping in the wind. :mad:
How to shit in the woods:

Find a big rock near the surface of the ground.

Roll rock away.

Shit in crater, place TP in crater.

Roll rock back into hole.

A wise man will roll the rock away from themselves.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I do this with our kid. "Shape up or you'll end up like your sister!"
When my kid told me he hated me (6yo) I picked up the phone, fake dialed 'my monster friends' and told them it was open season on my son given his feelings for me.
Kid didn't sleep for days.

Now I just point at the door and tell the GTFO.