Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only one mouse kill since putting down the electric trap last night. And it happened within 20 minutes of setting it. Perhaps I just had a few of the critters and not an army like of them like @6thElement

Off to work. Will try to attempt solo night ride number 2 tonight. Hopefully with less number 2 moments.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran 14 miles at 7:32 past last night on some tired legs, and now I am definitely feeling that. Then I rolled my lazy ass out of bed early this morning for my masters swim workout. Given my leg fatigue, I did as little kicking as possible (thanks, pull buoy!).

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rainy day here. The dirt is getting better by the day due to the fact we are finally getting some moisture falling from the sky.

Rode in the woods last night. One of the guys I was riding with got some Burdock's on his gloves. Instead of stopping to pull them off, he used his mouth to pick them off while we pedaled. Well, that works for green burdock's. When you do it with dry brown ones, the little prickers get stuck on your tongue. As of this morning, they are still stuck on his tongue. Bummer...but kind of funny.

TL/DR: don't eat burdocks

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Only one mouse kill since putting down the electric trap last night. And it happened within 20 minutes of setting it. Perhaps I just had a few of the critters and not an army like of them like @6thElement
The great mouse war of 2016 appears to have come to an end a couple of days ago with 11 fatalities.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
First night ride of the season last night. In some ways these are the most fun cause it's not cold yet and the trails are still rolling pretty fast. Winter night rides (even in NC) are a muddy, cold sufferfest only possible with onboard whiskey and/or beers waiting at the car. Prolly try it again tonight.

My swamp donkey was happy to get out and run around in cool temps that did not necessitate swim breaks ever 1-2 miles (pic from different ride).
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
First night ride of the season last night. In some ways these are the most fun cause it's not cold yet and the trails are still rolling pretty fast. Winter night rides (even in NC) are a muddy, cold sufferfest only possible with onboard whiskey and/or beers waiting at the car. Prolly try it again tonight.

My swamp donkey was happy to get out and run around in cool temps that did not necessitate swim breaks ever 1-2 miles (pic from different ride).
View attachment 123448
bwahahahaha . . . #swampdonkey

same ol, same ol here. nothing to report. nothing to see. move along.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
'Morning. I ran 14 miles at 7:32 past last night on some tired legs, and now I am definitely feeling that. Then I rolled my lazy ass out of bed early this morning for my masters swim workout. Given my leg fatigue, I did as little kicking as possible (thanks, pull buoy!).
I get tired just reading your posts.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lots to do today and not looking forward to it. The weather is nice, too bad I can't enjoy it from inside the office.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Finally signed docs on a refi last night. No more PMI and $350/mo in my pocket when all said and done.
in the spring i'm gonna look into getting another appraisal with the goal of removing PMI. we have a pretty good interest rate, would be worth looking into refi to save a few more pesos.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
in the spring i'm gonna look into getting another appraisal with the goal of removing PMI. we have a pretty good interest rate, would be worth looking into refi to save a few more pesos.
I have a feeling the market around here is starting to bubble again. Our house appraised for 80K more than what we paid two years ago, which allowed us to get the refi with the PMI removed. We ended up with 3.75%, which is pretty close to what we already had. We plan on being here a while, so unless rates drop drastically, we should be good for a long time.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Funny, I just talked to our mortgage person about ditching PMI yesterday. We kind of screwed ourselves by refinancing in 2013 when rates were so low because it reset the clock on when the loan originated so we now need more equity to ditch the PMI. Still think I'm gonna get an appraisal in hopes we are close (have made improvements to the house) then maybe throw money at it if needed to make it the rest of the way. Dumping a couple hundred bucks a month down the shitter sucks....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Did you have to extend the life of the mortgage?
Yes, but we bought two years ago, so it's not a big difference. Had we kept our original loan, it would have been about 5 years of payments to reduce to get the PMI removed through equity in payments on the original loan amount.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a feeling the market around here is starting to bubble again. Our house appraised for 80K more than what we paid two years ago, which allowed us to get the refi with the PMI removed. We ended up with 3.75%, which is pretty close to what we already had. We plan on being here a while, so unless rates drop drastically, we should be good for a long time.
we've owned our home for about 3.5 years now. values haven't increased as much as yours, but according to various real estate websites (based on comps) the value of our home has gone up around $40k. If this is accurate (will need an appraisal) then it would push us over the 20% equity mark which is where we need to be to drop the PMI. Our current rate is 3.75%, so it's not like there's a whole heck of a lot of room for improvement, but might be worth exploring.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
we've owned our home for about 3.5 years now. values haven't increased as much as yours, but according to various real estate websites (based on comps) the value of our home has gone up around $40k. If this is accurate (will need an appraisal) then it would push us over the 20% equity mark which is where we need to be to drop the PMI. Our current rate is 3.75%, so it's not like there's a whole heck of a lot of room for improvement, but might be worth exploring.
Yea, the rate would be around the same I would guess. We have a jumbo loan, so the rates are typically higher. Check out Costco if you have it available. They have a pretty good program. Any loan guy worth his weight should be able to tell you if he can get it done for you. It's so stupid how much of a shell game this whole thing is, but ultimately it's down to looking out for yourself. We are finally at a point where we have dropped our mortgage significantly since we purchased, along with being in the house that we plan on staying in for a long time, so I wanted a good rate and to get rid of the PMI as quickly as possible. We only put 10% down, but having 20% equity feels pretty good, along with a payment around what rent would cost us.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea, the rate would be around the same I would guess. We have a jumbo loan, so the rates are typically higher. Check out Costco if you have it available. They have a pretty good program. Any loan guy worth his weight should be able to tell you if he can get it done for you. It's so stupid how much of a shell game this whole thing is, but ultimately it's down to looking out for yourself. We are finally at a point where we have dropped our mortgage significantly since we purchased, along with being in the house that we plan on staying in for a long time, so I wanted a good rate and to get rid of the PMI as quickly as possible. We only put 10% down, but having 20% equity feels pretty good, along with a payment around what rent would cost us.
we are costco members, i'll check that out. my primary goal is to drop PMI, getting a better interest rate would be icing on the cake.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
That was the same for us. Rate stayed the same as we had before, but we dropped the PMI. Depending on the loan amount you might be able to get a better rate.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The foreclosure kiddy corner from us looks to be sold, the house behind it is in closing. Bob hasn't listed his house yet and we have some painting to do and a TON of downsizing before we can list next spring. But right now I just hope we can get out clean with a little cash in the bank. I really dislike my neighborhood.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think it's a little bit of a bubble here, our appraisal came in at $400K over what we paid three years ago (but that was with a complete remodel). The market here is INSANE.
Similar situation here based on Zillow et al, I have not started the refi/appraisal yet. Nice "paper money in the pocket", not so nice tax implications leaving less real money in the pocket.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
wtf mate. Was just informed that power is being shut off at one of my buildings on Sunday....I told these dudes a year ago that I need to know about that type of stuff at least a week in advance. Guy just asked why I need to know ahead of time. That took every ounce of self control to not simply hang up on him. :banghead:

If this shit goes down, I'm taking Monday off for DH. FTS.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
$1600 a month would buy a nice crate.
Seriously, that is such a racket. I "thought" I was smart by letting my wife (at the time) stay home for the first 3ish years since she didn't make a lot anyway. But due to the economy, she couldn't stay home too much more after that, but I was only paying daycare for 1 kid for half days for not even 2 years before she was pre-schooling it.

Unfortunately the ex never recovered and hasn't worked full time since then (10+ years ago). My bad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Finally signed docs on a refi last night. No more PMI and $350/mo in my pocket when all said and done.
Was supposed to close on my house today but the buyer ran into lending problems. I suspect the buyer is a real piece of work.