Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yesterdays winds picked up. Couple wildfires going, and the one down south blew up huge.

Wife is off thur-tuesday, so were going to try and fly somewhere. Milan is wide open, so is Munich, Tokyo looks pretty good, Paris has 150+ seats open, including Business and First, so where does the wife want to go? Sanibel Island, Florida. *le sigh*

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Yesterdays winds picked up. Couple wildfires going, and the one down south blew up huge.

Wife is of thur-tuesday, so were going to try and fly somewhere. Milan is wide open, so is Munich, Tokyo looks pretty good, Paris has 150+ seats open, including Business and First, so where does the wife want to go? Sanibel Island, Florida. *le sigh*
Just remind her of Zika...

rainy and foggy here. there were thunderstorms here last night, that woke the kids up. ugh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Weather dude said on the way into work that its going to be just under 80 today. I've sent out a group text asking who wants to ride, because yeah warm weather!

Lets power through this work crap and hit the trails.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Now that my nerdy boss has been promoted to a general manager of the whole business unit, I am ready to dispatch the final torpedo to my sinking career in this company. This product/strategy summit happening in India that I have to conference in for the rest of the week gives me a great opportunity to do so.

Great ride yesterday despite being on the more humid side. 80F this afternoon, humid as slippery fcuck, gonna be an interesting ride again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Morning. Now that my nerdy boss has been promoted to a general manager of the whole business unit, I am ready to dispatch the final torpedo to my sinking career in this company. This product/strategy summit happening in India that I have to conference in for the rest of the week gives me a great opportunity to do so.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Wife is off thur-tuesday, so were going to try and fly somewhere. Milan is wide open, so is Munich, Tokyo looks pretty good, Paris has 150+ seats open, including Business and First, so where does the wife want to go? Sanibel Island, Florida. *le sigh*
Seriously! Send her to Fl and we'll go abroad ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Great ride yesterday despite being on the more humid side. 80F this afternoon, humid as slippery fcuck, gonna be an interesting ride again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pretty sure this election is going to cost my relationship with my aunt (FB friends will understand the conversation I've been having). Her arguments for voting Trump are as thinly veiled racist comments as is humanly possible.

Rode in the basement last night and swam this morning. I'm glad I started tapering off coffee a few weeks ago because I would be dying right now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mooooorning, folks! I was up early for a swim workout. 2400 yards done before sunrise (one hour workout). Apparently we will see a record high temperature today.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We're having a good ole fashioned fall here in Bend. Should be great dirt for riding this weekend. At work our go LIVE date for citywide new software is November 1. Seems more traumatic than Y2K.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Long slow days in the office for the next couple weeks and a few Sundays WFH on critical system updates. Yay. I need to buy a lottery ticket, this going to work thing is for teh sucks.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ate breakfast today. First meal in days. Doc has me loaded on steroids and antibiotics. I loaded myself with some nice herbal candy from the local shop.

In other news, the dirt is primo for digging. PRIMO!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
kid still sick. day 2 of WFH.

shipment status indicates light is out for delivery.

@stoney saw your convo, can't believe you're actually engaging with that amoeba.

anyone have an air powered pellet pistol? considering getting one to mess with the squirrels at my bird feeders.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty sure this election is going to cost my relationship with my aunt
I told my uncle flat out to stop emailing me. :D (That would be the Daniel Clark who posts stupid shit on my wall now and then.)

In other news I'm at work, still awaiting the proper time to throw my bomb (which would be a proposal for equal work distribution between attendings, which would mean less work for me and a few other fast people--we all get paid the same at a given rank, after all). Maybe tomorrow will be the day to let that one loose.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Cold breaking up, or not, who f***ing knows.
Thinking bout heading back to Moohab for the weekend for another lap on TWE before the snow buries it, but this hacking cough gives me the 'bad idea' feeling.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So my kid this year is in hockey AND ski racing. He will have to decide between the two by the end of the year. He is a very fast skier, but i don't know if he will love the discipline of gates/etc. He is, unfortunately, a terrible hockey player, but he loves it!
We are going to be busy this year.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney saw your convo, can't believe you're actually engaging with that amoeba.
Honestly me too. Sadly, my family is very small, so losing an aunt and household is like losing 20% of my extended family. She'll never see the logic, but I can at least say I tried. But facts < Trump supporter logic.

I'm thinking about taking Toshi's train of thought. When I told my grandmother to stop spamming me with ignorant shit, especially after I started Snoping everything she sent out, I basically didn't talk to her for 2 years. She was so butt hurt that I would embarrass her in front of her friends.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Honestly me too. Sadly, my family is very small, so losing an aunt and household is like losing 20% of my extended family. She'll never see the logic, but I can at least say I tried. But facts < Trump supporter logic.

I'm thinking about taking Toshi's train of thought. When I told my grandmother to stop spamming me with ignorant shit, especially after I started Snoping everything she sent out, I basically didn't talk to her for 2 years. She was so butt hurt that I would embarrass her in front of her friends.
just dress up in a thawb and a keffiyah, show up and at her place unannounced, and dance around singing "sharia law! sharia law!" while sprinkling glitter

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Pretty sure this election is going to cost my relationship with my aunt (FB friends will understand the conversation I've been having). Her arguments for voting Trump are as thinly veiled racist comments as is humanly possible.
That is 70% of my FB feed these days. Trump meme's and every click bait article they can link to make America great again. I do know a few who also believe the world is flat and only 3000 years old too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Why would you lose family members over a fight over an illusion of democracy and free will? We live in theater freedom to keep the masses at bay.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why would you lose family members over a fight over an illusion of democracy and free will? We live in theater freedom to keep the masses at bay.
They are very easily butt hurt. I've barely talked to them since Obama was elected because their commentary about "a Kenyan running our country", etc.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Flying to Copenhagen Friday. Setting up as many interviews/meetings as possible so I can try to convince the Danes that I like to do real work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cold breaking up, or not, who f***ing knows.
Thinking bout heading back to Moohab for the weekend for another lap on TWE before the snow buries it, but this hacking cough gives me the 'bad idea' feeling.
TWE is on my bucket list and thinking hard about paying a visit next fall. Is there already snow there? A co-worker went a few weeks ago and said it was hovering right round freezing at the top.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
TWE is on my bucket list and thinking hard about paying a visit next fall. Is there already snow there? A co-worker went a few weeks ago and said it was hovering right round freezing at the top.
I just found next year's Rocky Mtn monkeyfest!