Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy hell just how much coffee did i put into the french press this morning. seriously strong mud. but I slept like shit so it will be needed. Got a Fitbit Charge2 to replace my old one that was falling apart. as usual the I RTFM which was written by someone that might ride my short bus :banghead: finally got the cellphone GPS-Fitbit link working. gives you a nice ride map speed, distance and cardio profile.

(map is cropped off, not showing my location on the web thank you very much)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
RM Santa's gift plans all falling apart because no stock anywhere. :panic:
Ordered a 36H Nextie asym rim for a new moar bomb proof rear wheel. I truly hope that there will be at least a few good 142x12 frames around for at least 5 more years.

Riding prospects are bleak for the next couple of days as torrential rains are incoming.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Still eagerly awaiting for my stone to pass... only 6 pain pills left. Not feeling much of anything this morning so I will go to work. :) On the plus side I found lots of cheesy RM Secret Santa options.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Turns out I'm a 1%er! At least in my corneal healing capabilities. 1 week checkup yesterday returned 20/15 vision in both eyes and a seamless eyeball healing. I can finally start getting back to normal life now.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Getting motivated to swap a bunch of parts on preexisting bikes in the dong shed. Forgot I was given an Identiti 666 DJ frame and want to build up a dedicated DJ bike. Looking at cranks, sprocket and BB now. Also need to source a used 26" dj fork, 200 thru axle. Yay for side projects!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today should be interesting, Hit the gym angry last night, paying for it today, wow. I need to sell some sh!t, or just toss it all. Part of me says fack it and just load everything into the truck and hit Goodwill so I don't have to deal with tweakers on cl. But I am motivated after seeing a buddys shop while I was in California. He builds some sick motorcycles and gave me some great ideas about my own project if I ever get it started. Braaaap.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. 1250yd swim this morning, also before sunrise. Long swims start tomorrow. Yeah.

I got an email this morning that our dependent care account at work crossed $2k. I had totally forgotten about it, so I just cut myself a check for just over $2000 with another $450 coming from my HSA. Given it's money already spent, that's going straight to the savings account.

I've been working with Haley to learn about interest (she already understands money) and I think a lightbulb went on last night. She's saved up about $35 over the last ~6 months and she's letting me borrow it at $.01/dollar/week (52% interest rate). We talked about how in 2 weeks, she will have earned another $1 from me and can let me borrow that for another $.01/week. She really wants a new Princess Poppy doll (Trolls), but is going to wait 2 weeks so that she can get the extra dollar.

Otherwise, meh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Interesting morning... One of our ERP servers shit the bed earlier. All resolved now, but working from my car at some random gas station for over an hour wasn't that much fun. Though, there was a nice sounding RS7 parked next to me.

I need some stronger coffee now.

On the plus side, it looks like it should be "warm" for the next few days. :)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm talking with a car salesman that looks like asian dude from The Hangover.
Better yet, his email is bong@xxxxxxxxx.
Sometimes the stars just align.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. 1250yd swim this morning, also before sunrise. Long swims start tomorrow. Yeah.

I got an email this morning that our dependent care account at work crossed $2k. I had totally forgotten about it, so I just cut myself a check for just over $2000 with another $450 coming from my HSA. Given it's money already spent, that's going straight to the savings account.

I've been working with Haley to learn about interest (she already understands money) and I think a lightbulb went on last night. She's saved up about $35 over the last ~6 months and she's letting me borrow it at $.01/dollar/week (52% interest rate). We talked about how in 2 weeks, she will have earned another $1 from me and can let me borrow that for another $.01/week. She really wants a new Princess Poppy doll (Trolls), but is going to wait 2 weeks so that she can get the extra dollar.

Otherwise, meh.
this = stoney

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm talking with a car salesman
Time for another truck for the business? Or replacing the E-wagon?

I rolled into work on the bike around 9 after dropping Mariko off (via Land Cruiser, not bike trailer), library, Goodwill (bye bye crappy 29er wheels!), and finally Toyota dealer. Apparently the Land Cruiser needs new rear brake pads + rotor resurfacing, and the dealer quoted $250 - 15% off coupon this month as compared to the independent shop saying $550+. Nopenopenope.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Time for another truck for the business? Or replacing the E-wagon?
This is wagon replacement for wife.
Looking at volvo v60 in either Sport or XC (most likely) trim.
Was originally looking CPO but prices on new '16s are pretty aggressive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Getting motivated to swap a bunch of parts on preexisting bikes in the dong shed. Forgot I was given an Identiti 666 DJ frame and want to build up a dedicated DJ bike. Looking at cranks, sprocket and BB now. Also need to source a used 26" dj fork, 200 thru axle. Yay for side projects!

wow had no idea identiti was still around

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Cool. All the trimmings with City Safety, etc? Having my own vehicle stable dialed for the moment means I have to live vicariously through others. :D

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
It was snowing out here for a little while. Now it is winter mixing which shall make the drive home from work an adventure. I did get all my truck repairs sorted and had 4 new tires installed yesterday. Now to see how they do in snow/ice/wetness.

Riding season is winding down. Should I start running or just drink myself into lardiness?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was snowing out here for a little while. Now it is winter mixing which shall make the drive home from work an adventure. I did get all my truck repairs sorted and had 4 new tires installed yesterday. Now to see how they do in snow/ice/wetness.

Riding season is winding down. Should I start running or just drink myself into lardiness?
have you considered a fatbike?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Why not ski? I'm thinking this weekend is my last of riding for a while, what with being on call the next weekend, out of town the next two, after which it'll be solidly ski season with any luck.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Cool. All the trimmings with City Safety, etc? Having my own vehicle stable dialed for the moment means I have to live vicariously through others. :D
Yes, I look forward to being able to text with impunity in heavy traffic lol.
My wife has never had a new car, so she's excited to finally have access to modern tech.
With a teen driver coming up soon the search is very safety heavy, for us and the general population.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Friend of my mine ended up doing the same due to deals from Volvo. Volvo seat are amazing. The rest is pretty good too.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Why not ski? I'm thinking this weekend is my last of riding for a while, what with being on call the next weekend, out of town the next two, after which it'll be solidly ski season with any luck.
I Nordic ski when the snow is fresh and snowboard when I can afford lift tickets. The last 10 years or so we have been getting quite a bit of freezing rain mixed in with our snow, so banking on snow sports is a gamble.