Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Left work early, have not felt the kidney stone since last night so I thought I would catch up on the around the huise crap I was going to Sunday. Will also finalize secret santa stuff and drink beer, some one said beer os good for the kidneys so it must be true.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mega corporate overlords are having a company "crowd source competition" where teams from around the world design and submit data-science solution to actual business problem. $20k prize.

Seems like they are trying to get us to work on a project without "paying" us, until they've had a chance to see everyone's solutions and pick the one they like. I'd bet the actual implementation will be a hybrid of all the submissions, once the best qualities have been distilled.

Kiss my grits.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hammered out a ride this afternoon, full bore the whole loop, it felt good.

#elkspotting #elkstandoff

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I set one of my road bikes on the rollers and promptly slid off. I then attached a fork mount which seems to be more my speed. Rode for 25 minutes. Couldn't stand it because Gunz n Rozes, Genesis and Metalica came up on the random video screen. One after the fucking other. It was horrible.

Got from SFO to O'Hare.
Got from O'Hare to BTV.
Really shitty driving in Vermont, foggy and rainy.
Turning to pick up a pizza, put car in ditch bad enough to require a tow.
Turned on flashers, called 911.
Cop came (nice person).
Tow truck came - he was just driving by, also a nice person, and very competent.
Tow truck pulled out car.
Paid for tow (ouch...).
Got pizza.
Got beer.
Drove home in more fog and rain following another idiot who, like myself, can't drive.
Hit more really bad fog on the way.
Ate the pizza.
Now consuming the beer.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Got from SFO to O'Hare.
Got from O'Hare to BTV.
Cop came (nice person).
Tow truck came - he was just driving by, also a nice person, and very competent.
Paid for tow (ouch...).
Got pizza.
Got beer.
Drove home in more fog and rain following another idiot who, like myself, can't drive.
Ate the pizza.
Now consuming the beer.
Still sounds better than 25 minutes on a trainer.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hammered out a ride this afternoon, full bore the whole loop, it felt good.

#elkspotting #elkstandoff
30 miles, 4500 feet?
Got from SFO to O'Hare.
Got from O'Hare to BTV.
Cop came (nice person).
Paid for tow (ouch...).
Got pizza.
Got beer.
Ate the pizza.
Now consuming the beer.
Do we need to stage an intervention?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Log on trail required emergency action. Got the front wheel over the log and blasted the rear wheel on said log. The resulting front wheel wheelie was rode out but branch in trail was not expected. It leaped into my drive train and took out my custom derailleur hanger. Walked home from Pinnacle. About 2 miles..... Sent files for new derailleur hanger to Machine shop. It will be a week before I get it...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had my first "wellness" check today at work. Despite 42 years of abusive life choices it would seem I am in perfect health. I see this as a green light for 42 more years of similarly poor life decisions.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Kick ass, butt cold, ride tonight. 38* out and I was warm up until the last valley in the vineyards when the cold got to my toes. The only other bummer was the flat at mile 17 but even that was just a quick tube swap. There were lots of Barn Owls out hunting and I was able to spot beam them with my helmet light and flight follow quite a few of them.

Good Cardio Workout

ride profile