Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Balmy 30F here, everything is coated with a thin layer of ice. Morning commute was interesting. Now coffee and on to a bunch of meh.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
short commute this morning seing as i took the work van home after the bastards stole my truck. I going to go pick ithe truck up from impound after work in Walnut Creek. at least i'm only going to be out a couple of hundred $$ vs the enitire truck so there is that.

need to feed the dogs and make coffee

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thermometer outside the kitchen window suggests ~2F, looks toasty compared to what Thursday morning might bring.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
16* here, about a mile from & 1700' below 6thElement's house. Two appointments this morning, three if you count coffee and a breakfast burrito.

Waiting for shipping notification for my final SS item, I hope it's on time.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looks like that cold weather out west will hit New England just in time for weekend skiing. It's going to be a couple of COLD ski days for me and the MBC.

Another morning, another swim done.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Not raining here yet, and it's mid 30's and I can still see blue sky, so I can't complain.

Hit a new group night ride last night and rode my ass off. I need to start riding faster again, I shouldn't be this fucking tired.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
short commute this morning seing as i took the work van home after the bastards stole my truck. I going to go pick ithe truck up from impound after work in Walnut Creek. at least i'm only going to be out a couple of hundred $$ vs the enitire truck so there is that.

need to feed the dogs and make coffee
eric, do you mean the city stole your truck? or that thieves stole it, and the police recovered it? either way, that sucks. hope there was no damage/vandalism too.

meh day here. going to have to go to the kids clothing store at lunch today. The zipper on my boy's jacket is busted, and it turns out Helly Hansen covers that under warranty. And the store has loaner jackets while they get fixed. :notbad:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
eric, do you mean the city stole your truck? or that thieves stole it, and the police recovered it? either way, that sucks. hope there was no damage/vandalism too.

meh day here. going to have to go to the kids clothing store at lunch today. The zipper on my boy's jacket is busted, and it turns out Helly Hansen covers that under warranty. And the store has loaner jackets while they get fixed. :notbad:
see my post on the theft.....http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/mother-effing-dirtbag-thieves-truck-recovered.277816/

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Crips sunny ride this morning to work. Last week without fenders and before the winter jacket is necessary and I am enjoying it. A lot less people riding to work already. New Yorks still have a long way to go when it comes to all year riding vs Copenhagen. Still more and more bikers it feels like.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
At work, waiting for some parts to roll in for DJ build. Yay for big old American BB's! Luckily a co-worker made (!) a press and gave it to me last year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
14*. Work is a maybe today. Haley has been having sporadic bloody noses as of late and we've just written them off to changing of the weather and her picking. She had one last night that was serious enough to draw my concern. Trying to get in to see her dr this morning.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
14*. Work is a maybe today. Haley has been having sporadic bloody noses as of late and we've just written them off to changing of the weather and her picking. She had one last night that was serious enough to draw my concern. Trying to get in to see her dr this morning.
Get a humidifier maybe?
Yeah, what's the humidity in your house, stoney? We have ours low mid 30s with a whole house humidifier and while my hands still are cracked it's all the house can take with the cold: little bit of condensation on windows this morning.

Yesterday I spotted a sign of the impending apocalypse:

This was on campus here.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's a little nippy in the 60s this morning. Back at work today, then last day of class for the first series tomorrow. At least with all this overtime I can order more bike parts.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Crips sunny ride this morning to work.
better not let the bloods know about that.

@stoney - your daughter been dipping into the stash?

most of fam (me included) still sick here. older son up a lot coughing, then having trouble breathing from asthma. forced myself up at 5:30 to film clips for local morning show. feel like ass, going home to rest before back in tonight for tours/dinner at the museum. my parents head home today, so at least there's that...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, what's the humidity in your house, stoney? We have ours low mid 30s with a whole house humidifier and while my hands still are cracked it's all the house can take with the cold: little bit of condensation on windows this morning.
About the same, but the bleeds are all the time. Home, school, out driving around, etc. It's been going on for a while, including summer, but thought it was from excessive picking. My out of pocket is done at this point, so there's no hurt in having somebody look into it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Apparently my coworker and his wife almost hit me in their car this past weekend when I was walking my dog across the street in downtown Boston, about 70 miles from work. Small world.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, it's Colorado Gives Day today. Small request from me:

1) Surf to https://smile.amazon.com instead of just www.amazon.com when shopping
2) Pick Colorado Wind Ensemble, Inc. as your charity to support
3) Shop as normal
4) ...
5) My group profits! 0.5% of sales go to the charity and your sale price stays the same. Win/win.

This works throughout the year and there are many charities, in case you don't like my musical group. There's even a SmileAlways Chrome extension that redirects to smile.amazon.com when one forgets.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh, it's Colorado Gives Day today. Small request from me:

1) Surf to https://smile.amazon.com instead of just www.amazon.com when shopping
2) Pick Colorado Wind Ensemble, Inc. as your charity to support
3) Shop as normal
4) ...
5) My group profits! 0.5% of sales go to the charity and your sale price stays the same. Win/win.

This works throughout the year and there are many charities, in case you don't like my musical group. There's even a SmileAlways Chrome extension that redirects to smile.amazon.com when one forgets.
Mine are already going to COMBA. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
About the same, but the bleeds are all the time. Home, school, out driving around, etc. It's been going on for a while, including summer, but thought it was from excessive picking. My out of pocket is done at this point, so there's no hurt in having somebody look into it.
Pediatrician couldn't find anything immediately wrong, but referred to ENT. Thinks it is likely a surface capillary that needs to be looked at. Is concerned about the frequency and amount of blood though.