Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good afternoon Monkies! I had a great morning at gym this morning since I hadnt been since Friday. 100 minutes on the tread mill with an hour of hill repeats and 40 minutes of what I call running; 12 minutes each of an 12, 11 and 10 pace and 4 minutes at an 8 minute pace. 60 minutes on the eliptical and 4 laps in the pool.

Its up to zero degrees with very little wind, if that holds I will ride my bike around town for 30 minutes this afternoon. Thats about my limit when its this cold.

Also happy to report that, so far, I do not hate my job this year. Tomorrows insight on how better to squeeze a dime through increased productivity may alter that somewhat. We will see.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good afternoon Monkies! I had a great morning at gym this morning since I hadnt been since Friday. 100 minutes on the tread mill with an hour of hill repeats and 40 minutes of what I call running; 12 minutes each of an 12, 11 and 10 pace and 4 minutes at an 8 minute pace. 60 minutes on the eliptical and 4 laps in the pool.

Its up to zero degrees with very little wind, if that holds I will ride my bike around town for 30 minutes this afternoon. Thats about my limit when its this cold.

Also happy to report that, so far, I do not hate my job this year. Tomorrows insight on how better to squeeze a dime through increased productivity may alter that somewhat. We will see.
Have you retired? I thought you were still a few years out?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm nowhere near retirement, but was playing with some calculators the other day. Huge difference for me between leaving at 50 and staying to 55. I'll probably end up staying.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm nowhere near retirement, but was playing with some calculators the other day. Huge difference for me between leaving at 50 and staying to 55. I'll probably end up staying.
5 more years of retirement is a huge difference in and of itself.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Having had the unplanned opportunity to take 5 years off from 1999 to 2004 I can say with certainty that the experiences I had were worth more than any money I would have saved and earned. Would bang again and again and again. I lived off home equity and was lucky enough to sell before the market tanked so it came out as a wash.

If I could do it again tomorrow I would but I don't want to be retired and have to drive the short bus until Medicare eliminates our number one expense. Doing the math on 10 years of self pay insurance only works under Obama care. Trump better not fuck that up for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I never thought (or really planned) to live past 38, so I've been winging it since about 35. It's only been the last couple years I started actually "planning" for retirement and have a long way to go. The reality is I have a metric ton of debt thanks to the cost of my education (but it has kept me in the career I mostly enjoy) but very little debt outside of that.

My luck I will have my student loans paid off just before I get hit by a bus. So $900/month will be all for nothing. :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you have done the right things all along. There is no reason you have to stop making money after you retire. The failures of others can be quite profitable if you have the Cash on hand to take advantage of them. If you drive around your town and buy as many corner lots as you can afford. Hold them for a bit and then sell when you can maximize their value. You will do better then all right.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If you have done the right things all along. There is no reason you have to stop making money after you retire. The failures of others can be quite profitable if you have the Cash on hand to take advantage of them. If you drive around your town and buy as many corner lots as you can afford. Hold them for a bit and then sell when you can maximize their value. You will do better then all right.
It still sounds like work, responsibility and finance... I was thinking more having a beer with Jesus.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
That's pretty funny given the market here...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
For the first time ever, I can honestly say I am embarrassed to have worked at a location. When I moved to Montana I took up employment at the local Ford dealership untill I could get into what I really wanted. Easy job to get/maintain seeing I had about 18 years in the field already. Well stopped today for an oil change and was floored when they asked me for 50 dollars for a five quart change. I call them on it, the salesman ensures me it's a six quart oil change. Knowing this is not the case, I tell him it's a five quart. He changes it and still asks for 50 dollars. I point out the sign that reads 39 for a five quart. He says the price is still 50. I tell him I will not pay that and that I will pay what his sign reads. He says yes you are, then directs an employee to pull my vehicle back in the shop. OK knowing the owner on a personal level I walk to him office. I pay 39. Get on the road end up pulling over. Tires were set at 25 psi, car is all over, check the oil it's a quart low.

So at this point I head back. I see the GM, tell her what's up, gets the service manager to help me, again know him on a personal level. Gets the tires right, the dude at the quicklane procedes to tell me I let the air pressure down and came back. I proceed to say some words of an unkind nature, and ask him why I still have a Firestone oil filter.
After all this, I still need an oil change and spent 39 dollars. Guess who will not get money from me again